Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Job Hunting

TacoGrl
July 21st, 2009, 07:15 PM
I get all gussied up, go downtown or wherever, meet new people and come home empty handed...it is starting to get frustrating and this whole temp thing is starting to become a drag. :sad:

What I don't get is why the economy is still tanked? I mean oil is a respectable $65/barrel...we went for years at that price...people had jobs, could pay their bills and feed their families... :shrug:

One good thing is when I come home, I have kittehs to hug! :cloud9:

ancientgirl
July 21st, 2009, 07:23 PM
I don't get it either. What I really don't get is, why if the price of oil is $65/barrel, are we still paying so much for gas?

I hope you can find something permanent soon. I remember my temping days and it really does suck!

dollface
July 21st, 2009, 07:39 PM
I used to have the mentality that life is too short to work the same job twice and I liked temping, but now I just want something stable and don't like to call my temp agency cuz they are one day/one week jobs. But even if I did call they don't have anything :(

Bailey_
July 21st, 2009, 07:45 PM
TacoGrl, what kind of job are you looking for? I'm in the same city, I could keep an eye out if I hear of anything decent...

CearaQC
July 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hope your job hunt goes well and that a great opportunity opens for you Tacogrl!!

What I really don't get is, why if the price of oil is $65/barrel, are we still paying so much for gas?

Well when the price skyrocketed, people still paid for it. So the big bad businessmen thought, "hey if they paid for it anyway at the higher price, they will continue paying the higher price. They don't seem to mind because it's still selling!" Then barrel prices go down, the big bad businessmen make even more profit.

What should have happened was for people to boycott and walk/bicycle/carpool/public transportation as much as possible to work and cut into the big oil/gas biz profit. That would have gotten their attention. But all they think about is $$$ and that's why the economy has tanked. They want more for themselves and less for everyone else.

It's all about greed. Until 100% of the people on this planet agree that greed isn't acceptable, nothing will change.

:sorry:

TacoGrl
July 21st, 2009, 09:54 PM
TacoGrl, what kind of job are you looking for? I'm in the same city, I could keep an eye out if I hear of anything decent...

You are too kind...thank-you and thank-you everyone for the support. :)

You know, at this point just about anything full time with a wage good enough to live on would be good. Through my many assessments :rolleyes: I have found something in the areas of Account Manager, Marketing Assistant and Technical Assistant best suit my personality, skills and experience. I was up for a management position at a pet store that I thought I would be a perfect match with, but alas, they did not hire me because as it turns out I did not have enough supervisory experience (store only had two p/t employees) :sad: I have a lot of customer service, however, that doesn't pay the bills and to be honest, as I get older, I get tired of dealing with large amounts of the general public more and more LoL! :frustrated: I think I am best suited to a position where I create something...have something to show for my work at the end of the day...something I can take ownership of. :shrug: