July 21st, 2009, 11:41 AM
In my "inherited" garden.....4 different yellow lilies :eek:

allfurlove
July 21st, 2009, 11:46 AM
4th yellow kind...
The pink ones are my fav :cloud9::cloud9:

allfurlove
July 21st, 2009, 11:53 AM
The orange ones look almost unreal, so shiny, the pics dont do them justice.
My pear tree has these orange spots on some of the leaves...is it diseased? :eek: :sad:

CearaQC
July 21st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Oooh I want some of those pink lilies! I'm a sucker for the bi-colors. :flirt:

Looks like you have some daylilies mixed in there with the Asiatics! All very lovely and pretty. I think I have some of those non spotted orange types somewhere.

Your pear tree has rust, a fungal problem. :sad:

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2009, 12:20 PM
That second yellow lily looks like my Stella d'Oro...only mine is a single hue of gold. I love the rusty orange in the throat of yours! And those orange lilies are gorgeous!!! :flirt:

Don't you love watching a mystery plant grow and then bloom? I'm still finding new stuff in the gardens and around the property--it's such a treat to identify yet another flower! :D

allfurlove
July 21st, 2009, 12:30 PM
Oooh I want some of those pink lilies! I'm a sucker for the bi-colors. :flirt:

Looks like you have some daylilies mixed in there with the Asiatics! All very lovely and pretty. I think I have some of those non spotted orange types somewhere.

Your pear tree has rust, a fungal problem. :sad:

:yell::yell::sad: thanks, I was just reading about it. It doesnt seem too far along so maybe I can prune it off and be ok this year but it will just come back worse :sad:

allfurlove
July 21st, 2009, 12:33 PM
That second yellow lily looks like my Stella d'Oro...only mine is a single hue of gold. I love the rusty orange in the throat of yours! And those orange lilies are gorgeous!!! :flirt:

Don't you love watching a mystery plant grow and then bloom? I'm still finding new stuff in the gardens and around the property--it's such a treat to identify yet another flower! :D

Thanks!!!
Yes, I love the mystery! There are still lots that havnt bloomed yet, it's like christmas every morning seeing what will pop up :laughing:

CearaQC
July 21st, 2009, 12:40 PM
Do you have juniper trees nearby?

Well you can spray it with an anti-fungal spray and then clean up real good in the fall when the leaves drop.

Here's a recipe for an anti fungal spray called "Bordeaux mixture" you can make yourself. Good for roses, fruit trees, grapes, and all sorts of plants prone to fungus. It helps a lot but doesn't guarantee a cure.

http://msucares.com/newsletters/pests/infobytes/19990915.htm

allfurlove
July 21st, 2009, 12:48 PM
Do you have juniper trees nearby?

Well you can spray it with an anti-fungal spray and then clean up real good in the fall when the leaves drop.

Here's a recipe for an anti fungal spray called "Bordeaux mixture" you can make yourself. Good for roses, fruit trees, grapes, and all sorts of plants prone to fungus. It helps a lot but doesn't guarantee a cure.

http://msucares.com/newsletters/pests/infobytes/19990915.htm

thanks so much, I will get the stuff for the spray and try that. I dont remember ever seeing juniper trees around, but I will be on the lookout now :evil:

My poor tree :sick:

allfurlove
July 21st, 2009, 12:52 PM
a few more...id's are welcome :D

allfurlove
July 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM
last one, the colour of this one is stunning!!!

CearaQC
July 21st, 2009, 01:46 PM
Red one is bee balm. Stunning red!

I don't know what the other things area. I like the pointy white one.

14+kitties
July 21st, 2009, 10:48 PM
Your purple one looks like a Trinity Flower. Mine are a deeper purple though. May just be the camera shot? It's also called Spiderwort or Widow's Tears.

The white one I think is lysimachia clethroides. Neat plant.

clm
July 23rd, 2009, 08:10 AM
Beautiful flowers. Don't you just love this time of year. :cloud9:

Cindy