Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wilbur my sweet bunny

Toonces
July 20th, 2009, 05:05 PM
It was a very sad day today here at our house, I took Wilbur into the vet for what I thought and was hoping was a molar spur but my poor baby bunny had cancer and there was nothing that could be done so I opted to have him PTS. Wilbur was alomost 6yrs old and the best bunny ever, never chewed anything, perfect litter habbits and got along great with our 3 dogs and 4 cats. I will never forget his silly bunny binkies and the way he would lick my hand or how he would be just content to lay on my lap for a cuddle and watch tv, this is killing me I can't stop the tears I miss him so much!!!!

RIP sweet baby Granny (my mom) will look after you now and I am sure she will call you Wilburn (she was never good with names even tho she named him)

Bailey_
July 20th, 2009, 05:08 PM
:cry: So sorry to hear that, Toonces. That must've been horrible and so shocking....Keep thinking about the wonderful moments you had with him, and don't try to stop yourself from crying. It's a painful process to lose someone that we held so dear to us. You had a beautiful friend, it's obvious he had a wonderful and very happy life with you and your other pets. :grouphug:

Rottielover
July 20th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, he looked so cute.

Sylvie
July 20th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I am so sorry Toonces.

:rip: Wilbur

Golden Girls
July 20th, 2009, 05:19 PM
RIP Wilbur, so sorry for your loss Toonces :sad:

14+kitties
July 20th, 2009, 05:34 PM
:candle::rip: Wilbur :candle: :sad:
Toonces hon, I am so so sorry. :grouphug:

Dee-O-Gee
July 20th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss Toonces.

:rip: sweet Wilbur 55353 :candle:

Toonces
July 20th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Thank you all so much, the ache in my heart hurts so much right now I can hardly stand myself, Wilbur is resting on our 18 acres along with my kitty Cosmo that died way to young of heart disease, I swear I can still hear him banging in his cage and hopping around the house:sad: summer was his favorite time of year I used to take him out into the clover patches and let him have his fill but now I suppose he has the largest patch he could ever want in bunny heaven

ancientgirl
July 20th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Toonces, I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a very handsome bunny. :grouphug:

:rip:Wilbur

wendy205
July 20th, 2009, 06:25 PM
dear toonces
Im so sorry that you have lost such a sweet little pet, it really hurts to know that he was a member of your family and so close, you have had a lot of good memories of him bless him,
the photos are beautiful, I bet you dog knows , animals have a 6th sense,
haa its so sad.
R>I>P>wilbur
he will be sadly missed:candle::rip::pray:
yours wendy205

rainbow
July 20th, 2009, 07:00 PM
OH NO .....I am soooo sorry to hear that, Toonces. :sad: :grouphug:

Wilbur was such a wonderful bunny and I was always so amazed at how well he got along with your dogs .....he will be missed for sure. :grouphug:

:rip: Sweet Wilbur :candle:

Love4himies
July 20th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Oh Toonces, I am so sorry. :grouphug: to you and your family.

:rip: Wilbur :candle:

Chaser
July 20th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Poor little sweetie :sad: :rip: He was such an amazing bunny, especially with the dogs.

Kailey and Chase will give you lots of cuddles and kisses when we visit in two weeks to help cheer you up :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Oh, Toonces :grouphug: I'm so sorry. Wilbur was one Cool Rabbit--a unique Soul and such a sweetheart!

:candle: Wilbur

Shaykeija
July 20th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I am so sorry for your loss...

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q181/angelgranny58/Angels%20-%20Child/angel13w.gif

pbpatti
July 20th, 2009, 09:45 PM
:angel2: Wibur has his wings now, so sad for you for your loss. pbp

edwina
July 20th, 2009, 09:52 PM
:rip: Wilbur :cry: :cry:

growler~GateKeeper
July 21st, 2009, 01:43 AM
I'm sorry Toonces :sad: :grouphug:

:rip: sweet :angel2: Wilbur :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle:

chico2
July 21st, 2009, 09:40 AM
So sorry Toonces,what a wonderful little bunny,laying with the pups:lovestruck:

Toonces
July 21st, 2009, 11:33 AM
Thankyou all so much for your kind words, today was a wee bit better, I know in my heart I did the right thing I just hope he didn't suffer much before we found out, to the end he was still playing and loving even at the vet he would not stop licking my hand as I held him:cry:

My kittens miss him they are looking for their playmate, I can't count how many times I would find them in his cage at night all snuggled in.

Kailey and Chase I am so looking forward to your therapy

friend2animals
July 21st, 2009, 02:28 PM
Toonces,

My heart goes out to you, and your loss...

With Empathy,
friend2animals

BenMax
July 21st, 2009, 02:36 PM
I am sorry for your loss.:sad:

RIP little one.:rip:

Peace to you.

babymomma
July 21st, 2009, 02:37 PM
So sorry toonces...

R.I.P wilbur

hunnybunny