Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on Missing Woodstock girl

Cathy1
July 20th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Police, who have been actively searching for the remains of Tori Stafford, have found suspicious remains in a rural area near Mt. Forest. Police say they appear to be those of a young child.

The area is just north of where police were focusing their search efforts for the missing Woodstock girl. Two people have been charged with Stafford's murder.

"Whether or not these are in fact remains of Tori Stafford remains to be seen," OPP Sgt. Dave Rektor said this morning.

Ontario Provincial Police Commissioner Julian Fantino went a step further,

saying investigators may be close to ending what he called "a dastardly

crime."

Fantino this morning told Toronto news channel CP24, "Generally, we have

some very strong leads that lead us to believe we have located the remains

of Tori Stafford."

Officers in the joint OPP-Oxford Community Police Service have been following up on nearly 5,300 tips received from the public. Their search efforts have been focused on the Guelph and Fergus area.

The remains were located Sunday in a rural area off Hwy. 6, Rektor said.
Tori, who would have turned nine years old last Wednesday, was last seen leaving her school on April 8 with a dark-haired woman.

Woodstock residents Terri Lynn McClintic, 19, and Michael Rafferty, 28, both stand charged in her kidnapping and slaying.

Lawyers for the accused don't expect the trial to begin until some time in 2010.

BenMax
July 20th, 2009, 11:50 AM
You have got to be kidding.:sad:. All I say is I BELIEVE IN CAPITAL PUNISHMENT! I would pull that switch myself!

Melinda
July 20th, 2009, 12:23 PM
and I'd be right beside you to make sure you hit the right button..............

BenMax
July 20th, 2009, 12:26 PM
and I'd be right beside you to make sure you hit the right button..............

Thank you Melinda because if I fainted for some reason - I would need someone with passion to take over.

This story completely broke my heart.:sad:. I have a child and the thought......well I cannot even go there as I shudder.

I want to know why. I want to know how could someone do this.:sad:

Cathy1
July 20th, 2009, 12:30 PM
A few weeks ago Rafferty said he is anxious to see what evidence the police had against him and that he was pleading not guilty. He didn't seem bothered by it because there was no body. Now there is a body and I hope they are able to find more evidence to prove him guilty so he doesn't get away with it.

Live press conference supposed to be at 1:30 and parents are supposed to speak at 2:00

http://www.livestream.com/lfpress

BenMax
July 20th, 2009, 12:34 PM
A few weeks ago Rafferty said he is anxious to see what evidence the police had against him and that he was pleading not guilty. He didn't seem bothered by it because there was no body. Now there is a body and I hope they are able to find more evidence to prove him guilty so he doesn't get away with it.

What is the girl saying? Do you know?

Cathy1
July 20th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Neither one are saying much but it was stated that the girl helped hand out flyers and that she admitted to kidnapping. When it first happened I went to the guy's facebook page and he had written "Good things are coming to me" on the morning of the little girl's disappearance. Police took down their facebook page right away.

BenMax
July 20th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Neither one are saying much but it was stated that the girl helped hand out flyers and that she admitted to kidnapping. When it first happened I went to the guy's facebook page and he had written "Good things are coming to me" on the morning of the little girl's disappearance. Police took down their facebook page right away.

This is not a man nor human. Things are coming his way alright! FRIGGEN &*#*&#&&*@))#(*! To me, this statement is 'intent'. He knew what he was doing, when and maybe even to whom. SICK *&#(#)))@__@*#&.

rainbow
July 20th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I read that article earlier. If the remains that were found are Tori, I hope those two scumbags (McClintic and Rafferty) get nailed to the cross.

Dog Dancer
July 20th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I really hope (given the circumstances) that the remains are Tori's (unless of course she's alive somewhere which seems unlikely) and that the parents at least get the closure of recovering her body. I also hope there is evidence to link these two decisively and like BM and Melinda would gladly pull the switch myself. The whole thing is just so very very sad. And then the suspects get to play the system at the tax payers expense no doubt.

Cathy1
July 20th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Tori's father is riding his bike to Edmonton to raise money for child find in memory of his daughter. I think it was supposed start Aug.2 but now says it will be put off until after the funeral. He said he is even more determined to make this trip.

chico2
July 20th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I hope for the parents sake this is Tori,at least they can give her a proper burial.
I don't know how people can be so cruel as to kill a young child,or anyone for that matter and I wish at times we had the death-penalty,especially for people like this and the likes of Bernardo/Homolka.
I am praying this girl with the killer,will get sentenced the same as the killer,she is no better than him.
However,we live in Canada,where often times the perpetrator has more rights than the victims.
I hope they neer see freedom again:pray:

Love4himies
July 20th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I know, chico, how can humans be sooooo cruel, what is missing in their brains to allow themselves to do such horrific crimes :sad:. My heart goes out to Tori's family.