Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Gotcha Day Kailey!!!!!!!

Chaser
July 19th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I'm a day late in posting this :o But last July 18th is the day that we drove to Brampton to pick up our first "foster", Kailey. One day away from being pts, the world works in mysterious ways and we were able to save her. Pets.ca, especially Winston, and German Shepherd Rescue Toronto played a vital role in that. She was so emaciated and scared she just broke my heart. She was a bit scary too though....she's a tough girl and when she felt she needed to protect herself she was one tough pup to manage!

I am amazed every single day when I look at her.....she's healthy, happy and secure. She crawls into her bed, (or our bed!), every day with a huge smile on her face. She wrestles with her brother Chase and then gives him kisses and cuddles. She wags her tail and loves attention from new human visitors....she'll even ask them for belly rubs! She loves to play with other dogs....the smaller the better! She loves puppies and her kitty Rupert is one of her best friends in the whole world, right from the first week he arrived in our home. She lays in our laps and goes right to sleep, because she knows she's safe with us. :lovestruck: :cry: :)

No, Kailey is not the same dog she was one year ago. With a tonne of love, patience and guidance she has become the most beautiful and loyal companion we could ever ask for. She inspired my faith in the strength of a dog's spirit and my commitment to dog rescue.

To everyone; Winston, Sylvie, Toonces and everyone else on here who offered support and guidance - thank you. It's been an amazing year for a very amazing girl.

And please, if anyone is ever able to open their home to foster or adopt a GSD, please consider German Shepherd Rescue Toronto. It's a small rescue, but it does amazing work! http://www.gsrt.net/

(We just formatted our computer, so I don't have a program to resize pictures. I will post some later on, once DH-to-be fixes the problem. For now here are some oldies but goodies :D)

Chaser
July 19th, 2009, 10:30 AM
A few more....

Chaser
July 19th, 2009, 10:31 AM
....and again.

mollywog
July 19th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Kailey!!!:party:
What a touching story, you sure have come a long ways with her- give yourself a pat on the back!!!
I just :lovestruck: how her and Rupert are buds!! :lovestruck:
Here's to many more happy years as a member of the family :cloud9:

Rottielover
July 19th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Happy gotcha day Kailee. I just love the weird sitting with the ball, too precious

ancientgirl
July 19th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Wow, it's been a year already! I remember when you first brought her home. She really has changed so much, thanks to your love and patience.

I love the antler photo! LOL, and the one with Rupert laying on her.:lovestruck:

Sylvie
July 19th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Wow, a year already.

Congratulations to all of you. She sure is a lucky girl to have landed in your home. Who knows what happened to her before, but she certainly is a happy girl now. Thank you so much for adopting her.

P.S. She is not a foster failure, she is a foster that graduated to being a keeper. :laughing::laughing: I know she planned that from the day she saw her brother Chase. :lovestruck: You guys didn't have a chance :rolleyes: She wasn't going anywhere.

Chaser
July 19th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Thank you everyone! It's certainly a special day :D

I made myself cry though when I was writing that :o But happy tears of course! It's just awful to think that she could have been lost....

Sylvie - I think you're right, she had no intention of leaving.....I also think Chase decided right away that he was keeping her too!

AG - That antler pic is thanks to you! I laugh every time I look at it after you LOL-ed it!!! :laughing:

Rottielover - isn't she such a lady??? She cracks me up, and I swear she knows when she is being funny!

Dee-O-Gee
July 19th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Aw what a sweet :angel: and lovely story! :lovestruck:

Happy gotcha day Kailey!

ancientgirl
July 19th, 2009, 02:32 PM
AG - That antler pic is thanks to you! I laugh every time I look at it after you LOL-ed it!!! :laughing:

!

I totally forgot I LOL'd that one. I do love it though. Kailey is so happy, and poor Chase just wants to disappear.:laughing:

chico2
July 19th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Chase_Mom,I remember how you used to sa"no,we can't keep her":laughing:but I think we all knew you would:laughing:and then you added Rupert too,it's funny how things happen.
You went from one dog,to two dogs and a cat:lovestruck:
Both Kailey and Rupert are very lucky they found the way in to your heart and I can soooo understand how that happened.HAPPY GOTCHA DAY,BEAUTIFUL KAILEY!

Frenchy
July 19th, 2009, 04:30 PM
happy gotcha day Kailey !!!

I love the pics of her and Rupert ! :cloud9: :lovestruck:

14+kitties
July 19th, 2009, 04:59 PM
HAPPY HAPPY GOTCHA' DAY KAILEY!!! You are so lucky you found this family!! And they are so lucky they found you. :cloud9:
What a touching and amazing story. Thanks for sharing it again. I love the pic of the three of them, Rupert on the back of the couch. Kailey and Chase zonked on the bottom. :cloud9:

rainbow
July 19th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Gorgeous Kailey !!!

I also remember how you kept saying "no, we can't keep her" and how relentless some of us were with trying to convince you. :D

It's so easy to see how she won you over :lovestruck: and I'm so glad she did cuz you've done wonders for her both inside and out. :thumbs up :angel:

I love the first pic of her :cloud9: and, also the very lady-like pose. :laughing:

Winston
July 19th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I remember this day so vividly! Thank you thank you thank you for saving her life! and thank DH too!

Happy Gotcha Day Kailey Girl! You are an amazing pupper!

Special Thanks to Sylvie who made this happen!

pbpatti
July 19th, 2009, 09:54 PM
This is what happens when a pup finds their forever homes, thanks for taking her in and helping her become a happy girl.

She looks like she is so happy to be a part of your family. Definately no foster failure here. pbp