Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Molly's first houseguest

mollywog
July 18th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Molly (and I) have visitors coming!
My best friend Avo is coming on Tuesday with her GoldenDoodle, Oakley. Him and Molly have met once before, on an off-leash hike. I :pray: that she is a good "host" in her new house!
I will take some pics and let you all know how the visit goes.
In the meantime, I will introduce Oakley!

Dee-O-Gee
July 18th, 2009, 09:46 PM
:highfive::highfive:'s to Molly and Oakley! I'm sure she'll make a great hostest! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Macie is in love! He digs holes!!!! What more could a girl ask for in a guy than a shared passion. :laughing:

:goodvibes: for a great visit and Molly minding her p's and q's! Is it just a day visit, or will it be an overnighter?

Love4himies
July 18th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I am sure Molly will make a wonderful hostess :lovestruck:. Can't wait to see the pics of their day.

mollywog
July 18th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Macie is in love! He digs holes!!!! What more could a girl ask for in a guy than a shared passion. :laughing:

:goodvibes: for a great visit and Molly minding her p's and q's! Is it just a day visit, or will it be an overnighter?

they will be here for 2 nights, then the 4 of us will be driving 4 hours so Avo and Oakley can catch their flight. So I really :pray: they are friends by the time we get into the car!!!
as soon as they get here (they are getting dropped off), we are going to walk to the ball park so the 2 dogs can run around and get re-acquainted on neutral turf! :thumbs up

14+kitties
July 18th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I'm sure Molly will be the perfect hostess when her company arrives. She will be glad to she Oakley all the good spots to play, sleep, hide. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Molly might still consider her house new enough to be neutral turf, too. :thumbs up

By the time they leave, I'm sure both Molly and Oakley are going to be all tuckered out! :D

rainbow
July 19th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I'm sure Molly and Oakley will have a blast and looking forward to some pics. :goodvibes:

Hope Oakley doesn't teach Molly how to make a landmine in your back yard. :D

hunnybunny
July 19th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Awww Oakley looks a sweetheart:lovestruck:

Hope they have a great time together , and i am sure molly will enjoy his company :)

mollywog
July 22nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
well, they are here! The first day/ night went GREAT!!! It was raining most of the time, we did get outside for a walk and a game of fetch in the drizzle, but I didn't want to bring the camera out in that- maybe today!
Meanwhile, here's some pics of the indoor play that was going on- Molly was being SO good about sharing all her toys! Oakley is almost 3 and is quite laid back and SO tolerant. Molly wouldn't leave him alone, always wanting to play!!
1. getting up close and personal!
2, 3. Getting into a good wrestle!

TBC....

mollywog
July 22nd, 2009, 08:27 AM
sorry about the heads cut off in the last pic! I was too busy laughing at them playing! :laughing:
A few more- after the play, you gotta rest!
At one point Molly pulled EVERY toy outta her toy box!
And at Bedtime, she wanted to sleep on Oakleys bed with him :lovestruck: too cute!
(Kinda makes me want to look at getting a 2nd dog again... a laid back male!):eek::laughing:

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2009, 08:42 AM
Awww, that's so cute that Molly wanted to share a bed. I think getting another dog would be great. I'm sure Molly would love the company.:D

Love4himies
July 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
Awww Molly, you are quite the hostess :lovestruck:. What a good girl to share your toys :thumbs up.

breeze
July 22nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
Molly you are such a good girl!!

glad that everything worked out :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
July 22nd, 2009, 10:30 AM
They looked like they had a great time! Love all the pics too!

Debbie

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
Looks like all is going well! :thumbs up I love the tail over Molly's neck pic! :laughing: And the headless one! I get pics like that all the time...it's that sudden change in elevation....catches me by surprise. :D

When Oakley leaves, Molly is going to demand a brother--it'll just be too boring with no one to play with! :dog:

Dee-O-Gee
July 22nd, 2009, 10:25 PM
You know Hazel's right Mollywog! :lightbulb:

Now that you're in your own home Molly could really use a baby brother! :D:D

It works out great and is not any different than having just one. In fact I always found it easier having 2 pups cause they keep each other occupied and less demanding of your attention. :thumbs up

Seriously--you should think about that! :lightbulb:

CearaQC
July 22nd, 2009, 10:54 PM
Looks like they are having fun!

How's it going? Did you get any sleep?:laughing::laughing:

mollywog
July 23rd, 2009, 10:46 PM
It went really well! (besides all the rain we had:frustrated:) there was one time when Molly "had words" with Oakley for getting too close to her food (she has some food guarding issues so that was partly our fault for letting them get too close at that point) but otherwise it was a great visit! Oakley is a very tolerant laid back guy and I am pretty sure Molly was driving him crazy with her puppy antics! But they did have a lot of fun anyways, and today we did the 4 hr drive to Thunder Bay and they were great in the truck.
Now we are at Molly's "Grammas House" again for 5 days, Molly LOVES it here, gets spoiled rotten:evil:- already had part of an ice cream cone for dessert tonight!!

Chaser
July 23rd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Awww....looks like Molly had a great time!!! :lovestruck:

sasha101
July 24th, 2009, 12:02 AM
That oaklys a character,glad they had a super time !:D

Chris21711
July 24th, 2009, 12:46 PM
(Kinda makes me want to look at getting a 2nd dog again... a laid back male!)

(so whatcha waiting for Mollywog :rolleyes:)

[/COLOR][/SIZE]:eek::laughing:

So nice to see Molly play like that, I hope she has managed to put your fears at rest Mollywog :)

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Sounds like a great visit! Now Molly's gonna be buggin' you for a repeat visit soon! :D Or that new brother... :p

mollywog
July 26th, 2009, 12:42 AM
aww guys, I would LOVE to get a second dog, but as I have said, it would have to be a very special dog! Molly isn't the most welcoming girl:o, especially in her own home ... but the visit went well! And all is well at "Grammas House" this week- getting spoiled to no end!