Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sleepyhead

Cactus Flower
August 15th, 2004, 10:58 AM
I love sleeping dog pics. So peaceful, content.

Cactus Flower
August 15th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Even when they catch you trying to take their picture!

glasslass
August 15th, 2004, 11:06 AM
I love the way that sleepyhead is cuddling his pillow! :D

glasslass
August 15th, 2004, 11:08 AM
:eek: :D What happened to the pillow pix? :confused: It disappeared while I was posting. :confused:

Cactus Flower
August 15th, 2004, 11:11 AM
LOL I was editing it- cropped it a bit so it wouldn't take so long to load when people open the page :)

Cactus Flower
August 15th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Oh yes, Raja loves her pillows!

Luba
August 15th, 2004, 11:50 AM
She just a big silly sleepy head all comfy womfy! :D

goldenblaze
August 15th, 2004, 01:01 PM
How sweet
Is that gems I see on the necklace?
One lucky child. :)

Cactus Flower
August 15th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Not gems, but little flowers that are supposed to go in your hair!
I bought them and put them on her collar (first picture).

I also buy kids' hairbands for Raj to wear as a necklace (she's wearing one in the second photo). Dollar Store specials, but hey, they work! And they are loose elastic so they aren't tight at all.

Here's another "hairband" necklace:

glasslass
August 15th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Raja, her royal highness! So elegant and classy! :p

Luba
August 15th, 2004, 02:02 PM
She just needs a crown now :D

chico2
August 15th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Queen Raja,queen of Pet.ca....she's just regal and beautiful,I envy you.
I forgot if you mentioned it,but where did you get her from?Have you had her since she was a babe?(if she ever was :D )

wAggie
August 15th, 2004, 06:35 PM
PINK nail polish??!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that colour!!!!!!!

:p :p :p :p :p

Cactus Flower
August 16th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Queen Raja.......Her Royal Highness........hmmmmm.......I'm liking the sound of those! But I'm afraid I'll have to keep them between you all and me- she's already very particular- don't want to give her any ideas about royalty, and I can't afford a diamond-studded collar :D

Thanks, everyone for your comments- I'm truly beaming over here. I must look like a spotlight in the middle of this desert!

Chico- Raja was already an adult when I got her. I've never had a puppy. Long story short: The junkies that had her were going to sell her for methamphetamine, and the judge I intern for (huge dog-lover) gave them an "opportunity" to surrender her to me, instead (I'd been pining for a dane for some time). She was, to quote my vet: "Critically neglected"- she was so skinny her vertabrae stuck out- she was literally starving. And we believe without a doubt that she was also abused. They'd overbred her to the point where her uterus was wasted and bleeding, so she had to have an emergency spay. But hey, she was papered, and since she couldn't produce any more babies, why not make some money off of her....GRRRR....
Anyhoo, she's recovered remarkably well and is very healthy and socialized now. Lots of work and ALL WORTH IT!

pug lover
August 16th, 2004, 03:14 AM
thought I might add one of rosie sleeping in a box, hope no one minds

Cactus Flower
August 16th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Not at all pug-lover- I don't just like pictures of MY sleeping dog- feel free to post post post, everyone!!!!

What an adorable little baby-in-the-box! Does she sleep on her back often? That is amazing. Such a cutie, and thank you for sharing!

pug lover
August 16th, 2004, 03:53 AM
rosie always sleeps on her back, and she is feeling much better than before. I cant wait to get more pictures of her and big dog together

chico2
August 16th, 2004, 07:06 AM
OMG...she's soo cute :D I am sure Raja does not mind,seeing this little princess,after all Raja is the queen :D
Thank's CactusFlower for telling me how you got Raja,,,,a very happy ending story,for both you and Raja.Keep the pics coming!

Cactus Flower
August 16th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Oh my!!! That is the sweetest picture it hardly looks real!!! I love that you've shared them here but I wouldn't want anyone to miss her- maybe you should start a new thread, too, and post those Rosie pics so EVERYONE can see them!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad she's feeling better!

Terrie
August 16th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Shhhhhh .......
He's sleeping ....
Aren't they like angels when they sleep ... I think they dream about playing ball and running in the yard... they are so peaceful... like kids.

Cactus Flower
August 16th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Awwwwwwwwww perfectly cute!

I don't know what they're dreaming about but they sure do a lot of yipping and twitching, don't they? Wish I could peek inside Raj's head when she's dreaming.