Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The sun has set, meet him.

Rottielover
July 18th, 2009, 06:28 PM
As you guys know, I lost tigger 2 days ago:cry:. Well Kayla and I headed to help out today at Spca monteregie.
There was a pure black cat there with a bandanna, he was marked because he was used to test dogs with cats, not too close( cat is always safe). Well I saw him tested out with a dog, let me tell you, the dog licked him all over, all he did was purr. I asked Kayla do you think you have space in your heart to help another cat find a home. A 5 rd old then told me, I miss tigger, I want him back but since he is not, mommy I think I can. My brave brave girl.
I let her name him, all he does is purr, Missy is not meowing as much, I think she wanted a friend too.
Without further adieu here is sunset

Chaser
July 18th, 2009, 06:31 PM
That is amazing :cry:

Although you lost Tigger you were able to welcome two new kitties into your home and your hearts. :lovestruck: Sunset is gorgeous.

Sounds like you have a very special little daughter!

Rottielover
July 18th, 2009, 06:31 PM
And of course intro went great, even missy smelled him without any hissing :)
And of course Missy too

babymomma
July 18th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Wow.. You are an angel.. You and your little girl both are!

Tell your little girl that i LOVE his name! I love it love it looooove it!

Chaser
July 18th, 2009, 06:33 PM
i LOVE his name! I love it love it looooove it!

Agreed!!!!

Love4himies
July 18th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Sunset is beautiful, Rottie :lovestruck: :cloud9:, out of all my fosters, I seem to get attached to the black ones, they are special :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
July 18th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Oh, he's just beautiful! Everyone should have at least one black cat in their life.:lovestruck:

You and Kayla are wonderful for helping another cat.

Rottielover
July 18th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Last year he had a fractured paw, so I notice he has a small limp, with some weight gone he will do much better on it.
I am no angel, he was a perfect fit. Tigger leaving was and still is painful, but it happened, Sunset was there, he will never replace my baby, but I have room to love more. Kayla does as well, and I think today at the shelter allowed her to heal a little.

rainbow
July 19th, 2009, 02:41 AM
He's a handsome boy and looks like everyone there approves. :thumbs up

Rottielover
July 19th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I wish I got a picture of this, in the morning I woke up to see him sleeping in Harleys crate. I think tigger is playing a big role here.

edwina
July 19th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Purty kitty :cloud9:

chico2
July 20th, 2009, 07:28 AM
RL,I think you and Kayla did exactly what Tigger would want,rescued another kitty:thumbs up
Little Kayla has a lot of compassion and love for animals,you have brought her up wonderfully:grouphug:
Sunset looks wonderful and I agree with AG and L4H,everyone should have at least one black cat!
Is Sunset going to be a foster-failure??
I cannot see you and Kayla returning any animal to a shelter:lovestruck:

BenMax
July 20th, 2009, 08:13 AM
SunSet is gorgeous! I as well have something for black cats.

I think that you honored Tigger in the best way possible. He would absolutely want for you and Kayla to save another.

:grouphug:

lUvMyLaB<3
July 20th, 2009, 08:21 AM
what a purrfect name! I love it! Your story is so touching! What a great thing you are doing, your little girl will grow into an amazing person with experiences like this!

Rottielover
July 20th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Sunset was not a foster, I saw him be the dog tester, and I knew he would fit in perfectly.
Tonight he is headed to the vet, I think it has now moved to an infection.

BenMax
July 20th, 2009, 12:16 PM
You have your share of problems. If he had been at the shelter for 1 year - these symptoms should have been contained. When you got him, did he not show any signs?

Bring him back to the shelter and let them vet him as this is covered under your adoption fee.

Tundra_Queen
July 20th, 2009, 01:05 PM
As you guys know, I lost tigger 2 days ago:cry:. Well Kayla and I headed to help out today at Spca monteregie.
There was a pure black cat there with a bandanna, he was marked because he was used to test dogs with cats, not too close( cat is always safe). Well I saw him tested out with a dog, let me tell you, the dog licked him all over, all he did was purr. I asked Kayla do you think you have space in your heart to help another cat find a home. A 5 rd old then told me, I miss tigger, I want him back but since he is not, mommy I think I can. My brave brave girl.
I let her name him, all he does is purr, Missy is not meowing as much, I think she wanted a friend too.
Without further adieu here is sunset

I'm sorry I didn't know u lost Tigger. :grouphug:

I think Sunset is a lovely name and I hope he helps to fill the hole in your heart that Tigger left.

Debbie

ancientgirl
July 20th, 2009, 01:13 PM
RL, I hope you can get this taken care of. :pray: This poor little guy finally got his forever home only to get sick.

chico2
July 20th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Rottielover,I don't know much about Rhino,I hope it's something that can be cured:pray:
I thought Sunset was a foster,but it's great that he is a permanent resident:thumbs upTigger is smiling down at you:angel2:

Rottielover
July 20th, 2009, 05:17 PM
BM, I am going to go see my vet, I prefer it this way, I prefer him not to go back into the stressful environment. I am sure if I wanted to, I can, I just prefer to see my personal vet, plus so much closer

Rottielover
July 20th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I just got back from my vet, given 10 days antibiotics. She did not charge me consult which I really appreciate. I have started both on wellness wet food, and hopefully in time I can move to raw. He and Missy are both on viryls, so hopefully that will boost their immune systems as well as the wet food.

ancientgirl
July 20th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I hope he starts showing some improvement quickly. :pray:

breeze
July 20th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I just got back from my vet, given 10 days antibiotics. She did not charge me consult which I really appreciate. I have started both on wellness wet food, and hopefully in time I can move to raw. He and Missy are both on viryls, so hopefully that will boost their immune systems as well as the wet food.

can a cat give the dogs the infection?? is it something you have to look out for RL??

Rottielover
July 20th, 2009, 08:12 PM
nope, just inter cat. that is why i am giving missy the stuff to boost her immune, so she does not get anything worse than a sneeze