Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

OMG. Shes ugly

babymomma
July 18th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I cut her hair.. ALL by myself.. I think i ruined her:rolleyes: My mom said its alright.. but i duunno.. Its not well, terrible i guess. Bebrutally honest please.. Ive tweeked a little since the video. But...

Keely- Haircut (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt50Bbl2cjI&feature=channel_page)

Love4himies
July 18th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Keely can never be ugly, bm :laughing:. Don't worry too much, fur grows back quickly. ;)

ancientgirl
July 18th, 2009, 07:46 PM
It's not that bad. A little uneven in some spots, but hey you'll get better.

mollywog
July 18th, 2009, 08:07 PM
it'll grow out in no time and not look so choppy.
I doubt Keely notices, in fact she probably loved all the special attention she got in the process!! :cloud9:

lUvMyLaB<3
July 18th, 2009, 08:07 PM
don't be hard on yourself it is not that bad!! The groomer in me wants to help a bit.. This would be easy, when you look straight at her face, you have he long hair even, just trim it at a bit of an angle toward her ear, follow the lines.. really it is easy! just angle it a wee bit... Really if that was your first time, good job!! you will get better and better!! Did you just use scissors?

babymomma
July 18th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys... I swear it looks better then the vid shows. Ive fixed it a bit.

Thanks LML! I will give it a try! .. I used clippers on her body. And did her legs and feet with scissors and thinning shears!

hunnybunny
July 18th, 2009, 08:31 PM
She looks fine, don,t worry:) fur grows back if you are not happy with her haircut.
Can,t be worse than when i clipped my collie x springer, the clippers went dead and i had only done one side !!! couldn,t afford another pair till the following month poor baby i am sure he had a complex for the next month:eek:

Your baby looks fine:lovestruck:x

babymomma
July 18th, 2009, 08:33 PM
OMG hunny bunny!!! I had to stop half way thru because the blade was getting a bit too warm. And she looked even more rediculous!.. I think it would be better if i didnt go as short:wall: She is even a different color now:rolleyes: Darker.

Dee-O-Gee
July 18th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Keely looks just fine! :thumbs up It will fill in before you know it. :)

I was happy to see that she's still sporting the pink! :cloud9:

TacoGrl
July 18th, 2009, 10:24 PM
OMG!!! You can't let that sweet little dog go out in public looking like THAT!!!! :eek:

Just kidding :evil:, she looks fine...she is the kind of girl that looks sweet all the time :flirt:

Jim Hall
July 18th, 2009, 11:41 PM
ha ha shag butt!! she so patient heh? great dog

growler~GateKeeper
July 19th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Keely looks fine for a first time do it yourself cut :thumbs up you've got it fairly even on both sides and no bald patches :)

One note though if/when you do her head try not to take very much off, I had a customer in my store last week with a Yorkie that had an overall cut including the face where the fur was at most about 1/2 inch long - the poor dog no longer resembled a Yorkie, it also had a really really bad disposition - picture a mean Gremlin with Yorkie colours :rolleyes: :laughing:

sasha101
July 19th, 2009, 01:02 AM
There is no way that little darling could look ugly lol, you've done a super job for your first time, pat yourself on the back :thumbs up

rainbow
July 19th, 2009, 03:18 AM
It's a little uneven but you did a pretty good job for your first time. :thumbs up

Take a look at this butcher job :eek: ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vjt19894D0&feature=related

hunnybunny
July 19th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Just looked at the youtube clip Rainbow :eek:

I thought she was going slip with those huge scissors!!! which were nearly as big as the little dogs head:eek:

That little yorkie was sooo cute x Bless :lovestruck:

babymomma
July 19th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks guys!

Growler, theres a yorkie here in my community with that "mean gremlin with yorkie colors" look.. haha.. I like the cute little yorkie face far too much to Shave it off.. lol...

Rainbow, I reeeaaaally dont like how they are man handeling that dog:eek: I dont even have to hold keely most times, she just stands there and takes the abuse! :laughing:

She is VERY patient with me Jim! :D

CearaQC
July 19th, 2009, 10:00 AM
That's the most well behaved Yorkie I've ever seen! You have done a great job. I don't see anything terrible with the haircut. Looks fine to me!