Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Monkey is at the Vet's clinic again

Masha
July 17th, 2009, 03:44 PM
That guy is stressing me out lately :rolleyes:

Tuesday he spent the day at the Vet's for his teeth cleaning. That went well but today i wake up and notice he keeps going to his litter box, getting into his 'pee' position and nothing is happening, he digs the imaginary pee up. Walks aroudn the room a bit and then back into this trying to pee mode.... he did that again and again so i rushed him to the vet in the morning and he is there now... no crystals so thats good but they had to keep him there for the urinalysis (he bladder was empty in the morning....). I will be picking him up in 20 minutes and talking to the vet about the urinalysis results.... that guy is keeping my busy this week :rolleyes: Its probably a UTI, but they wil confirm once i come there. Poor guy he is terrified of the clinic....

chico2
July 17th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Sounds like my Rocky,he is horrified,even going in to the carrier:sad:
:goodvibes:that Monkey will be fine..

Tundra_Queen
July 17th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I hope Monkey will be ok. Poor little guy.

Debbie

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Any updates, Masha? :goodvibes:

Magicwildwolf69
July 17th, 2009, 09:17 PM
hope all is well :goodvibes: for him

Chaser
July 17th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Awwww poor Monkey :sad: Hope all is well. :goodvibes:

14+kitties
July 17th, 2009, 09:39 PM
:fingerscr it's something that can be fixed easily. :fingerscr:goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
July 18th, 2009, 02:11 AM
:goodvibes: for Monkey

How's he doing? What were the UA results?

rainbow
July 18th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Poor Monkey ......hope he is okay. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Masha
July 19th, 2009, 10:48 AM
They think its either stress or a UTI. He wouldnt eat or drink at the vets and this bladder was almost empty so they were able to get a svery small pee sample only and their test for UTI was inconclusive so they sent it to an offsite lab for a more detailed analysis that will only be ready in a few days.

They said if Saturday morning he is still straining that its likely not just stress but indeed a UTI and that i should come get the antibiotics for the UTI because it will be a few more days until the lab results are in and there is no point in waiting if he was clearly very uncomfortable . He was still straining yesterday morning so we got his antibiotics and he is feeling better today. I havent seen any more straining today and he is being all silly and crazy as usual :rolleyes:

He does hide behind the couch when he knows its pill time but otherwise he is quite good taking his pill :rolleyes:

The lab resuls should be in tuesday i think, but it was probably the UTI as he got better as soon as we started giving him the meds.

The doc thinks it may have been caused by the stress of the dental cleaning and maybe not a UTI so the lab analysis will confirm that...

Thanks for the well wishes!!

Chaser
July 19th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Glad to hear Monkey is starting to feel better! :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
July 19th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Glad to hear that he seems to be on the mend! :grouphug: :goodvibes:

rainbow
July 20th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Glad the antibiotics are helping and hope he recovers quickly. :fingerscr :goodvibes: