Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Questions on cat antics

adammo
July 17th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Hi all,

My cat Pepper does a couple of funny things that my girlfriend and I don't understand. I tried searching on Google, but no luck :).

Everytime I get out of the shower and go near her she just wants to bite me. She will literly jump on my shoulders and bite the top of my head and hands. Is this because I smell different?

The second thing is that every once in a while she will drag her mouse toy (mouse attached to long string) to the back door, or into our room. If we are in the room, she brings it to us. If we are gone, we will notice it near the door when we come home. I thought this meant that she wanted to play, but she doesn't seem interested when I try. I'm not sure if she is gloating about her new prize or what?

Anyways, nothing serious here but we were both curious.

Thanks!

Love4himies
July 17th, 2009, 12:04 PM
:laughing::laughing: Not sure about the shower thing. :crazy:

As for the mouse, she is bringing you a "treat" that she has caught for you. Very common in cats who love the humans :cloud9:, except they are usually real mice :yuck:.

Magicwildwolf69
July 17th, 2009, 12:04 PM
:laughing: my cat Serena does the same thing to my husband. he gets out of the shower and she is all over his biting his arm mounting on him wraps her claws around him if he trys to go anywhere. we always joke that they put cat nip in his body wash. maybe it is because you smell different or maybe they just like that clean smell :rolleyes:

as for the toy could be she's bring you her "prize" that she caught. mine drag their toys everywhere! or like Stormy bats them under the fridge so i have to go "fishing" for toys. gotta love cats. do you have any pics up of your kitty yet? would love to see some :lovestruck:

Magicwildwolf69
July 17th, 2009, 12:05 PM
hehe L4H we posted at the same time :D

Jim Hall
July 17th, 2009, 12:05 PM
lol she may like your shampoo? as the mouse thing its probably look i can get food for us too!!! manda will to that too not bite hard just a couple of nips

you realise cats have a gene in thier dna experessly to drive thier human slaves batty ?

Love4himies
July 17th, 2009, 12:21 PM
lol she may like your shampoo? as the mouse thing its probably look i can get food for us too!!! manda will to that too not bite hard just a couple of nips

you realise cats have a gene in thier dna experessly to drive thier human slaves batty ?

:laughing::laughing:

adammo
July 17th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Haha thanks everyone! I had thought it must be her bringing us "food".

The shower thing really does confuse me. I don't mind as there just little bites and it's almost like habit. I have to let her have one bite out of the head :laughing:

LOL I like that.

catlover2
July 17th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Could be your shampoo or body wash...some scent in it that stimultes her. One of my cats loves to roll around in clean laundry, and especially something I used a scented dryer sheet. Glad to hear it's just little "love bites" ! :cat:

As for leaving the toys at the front door, one of mine always does that too, especially her favourite toy mouse. She likes me to throw it & she retrieves it back for more throws. As for bringing toys and not wanting to play, Pepper's bringing you a "gift". With females it's instinctive to bring prey back to their kittens. Yep, if she were an outdoor kitty, it would be mice or baby rabbits or birds or snakes! :eek:

TacoGrl
July 17th, 2009, 02:26 PM
My Mooki once brought me a bird she found on the balcony and plopped it on my dinner plate :yuck:

These two bring me mice...in the morning, I wake up and there are always at least three mice in my bed :cloud9:

As for the shower thing...:shrug:...my two just sit outside the curtain and wait for me to come out...they then jump in the tub and roll around...but mine are strange little aliens, so you can't really go by them. :rolleyes:

Edit: should mention the mice are toys :D

Jim Hall
July 17th, 2009, 02:36 PM
ahhok tg you had me worried

ownedbycats
July 18th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Adammo, there is proably something in your shampoo or soap that makes her want to bite you. Our MooBoots either objects to or gets overly excited ( not sure which) by a specific ingredient or combination fo them in a certain kind of shampoo. when we use that shampoo he will attack our scalp, litarally clinging with all four paws and teeth.:eek: If you use a different shampoo you are safe from the attack kitty. It only affects the one cat, to other two could care less.