Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Riley - Protector or Destroyer?

TeriM
July 17th, 2009, 12:59 AM
So hubby was fixing something the other day so took down the fake bee hive thing that is supposed to scare the bees away. Riley decided that he would "hold" the bee hive for "safe keeping" :yell: :laughing:.

Nope, I'm not doing nothing except sitting her and helping dad by holding stuff :angel:

Hmmm, I think there might be a hole here

Oops, my face just fell through the hive :frustrated:

TeriM
July 17th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Oops, my foot slipped

Heh, this thing is kinda cool

I have no idea how this happened :angel:

growler~GateKeeper
July 17th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Protector :angel: for sure :thumbs up Now those bees won't be coming back to live in that house any more! :pawprint: :dog:

:laughing: I love that last shot :laugh: :D

TeriM
July 17th, 2009, 02:14 AM
He was supposed to protect it from being damaged :frustrated: :laughing:.

luckypenny
July 17th, 2009, 09:08 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Riley is such a character! Bet he had you and hubby cracking up the whole time :D :cloud9:.

14+kitties
July 17th, 2009, 09:13 AM
So I suppose you will now have an invasion of bees? :rolleyes:
Do those things really ever work? I would need about ten of them!!
Riley is a hoot!!!!

Love4himies
July 17th, 2009, 09:23 AM
:laughing::laughing: What a good boy you are, Riley.

It was the new bee gang on the block that made you destroy the other "hive" so they could move in on their turf. :D

CearaQC
July 17th, 2009, 09:26 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I know that look. Hilarious!

My tummy muscles hurts now.:D

Bailey_
July 17th, 2009, 10:11 AM
:laughing: Beautiful dog! :lovestruck: What a shiny coat he has.. great pics!

Dog Dancer
July 17th, 2009, 11:20 AM
So this is why I shouldn't scope this site out at work. I'm sitting here killing myself laughing - good thing everyone else is off at a meeting. I love the captions and the look on Riley's face. Just too hilarious - I could see my Halo doing the same thing though. But um let's just say this nicely now - it's a wasp nest not a bee hive! Sorry, the beekeeper in me had to make that minor correction. Bee's are good - wasps are not so nice. But please tell Riley not to do the same to a real wasp nest - not so much fun, and I bet mom wouldn't be standing there with a camera either:eek: I know it's just a technicality. I keep going back and looking at the pics, they're too funny. Love the last one.

Rottielover
July 17th, 2009, 11:24 AM
there is no guilt on that face, only pleasure :)

dogcatharmony
July 17th, 2009, 11:44 AM
:laughing: That last pic says it all......"nope, no idea how it happened"

Dog Dancer
July 17th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I had to come back and laugh again. I think this is my favourite thread in a while. I love the remnants hanging out of Riley's mouth in the last pic "nope not me"

mollywog
July 17th, 2009, 12:18 PM
that is the funniest thing I have seen in a while. His expression in that last pic really is priceless.
(I hope you weren't planning on keeping that nest??):laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
:laughing: Ah, Riley! What a character!!!

So have you seen any more wasps than usual since the demise of the decoy? :D

Chaser
July 17th, 2009, 09:34 PM
LOL :laughing: Such an innocent face!

He is so handsome.....I'm a little bit in love with him I think! :cloud9:

Tundra_Queen
July 17th, 2009, 09:50 PM
:laughing::laughing: That is too funny! LOL

rainbow
July 17th, 2009, 11:24 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Riley's expressions are priceless ....especially the last pic. :laughing:

TeriM
July 18th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Dog Dancer you are absolutely correct :thumbs up. It is for wasps (we like the bees). The first summer we were here the wasps set up a nest under the flashing in our eaves so the next summer I tried one of these and they stayed away. I put it up this summer again but we have now caulked the problem area so it wasn't really all that necessary. It really doesn't help for keeping the wasps and/or bees out of the area :shrug:. We actually have seen lots of bees on our flowers this year :thumbs up.

Riley is our lovable goofy boy that cracks us up constantly, this was just a perfect example to share :laughing:.