Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My new addition *S*

Tundra_Queen
July 16th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Hi

Here is our new addition. When I was out at physio this afternoon, Mirabelle decided to clone herself! :laughing: My sweet girl is a very clever kitty! :laughing::laughing:

I'm still thinking of names to call this kitty, I'm not sure what sex it is. All I know is that it is declawed...NO I didn't do it. I am calling her Darcey, for the time being. My friend found her and couldn't take her in as she is severely allergic so she is my early birthday gift. *S*

Darcey is up in the bathroom so the lighting is not the best for pics. I was trying to get pics of her beautiful green eyes. I didn't do a few good job though.

She loves to be petted and I have brushed her twice already which she loves...rolling back and forth and she even likes her tunny done! she is dirty and her fur is weird and thick so I wanted to brush it to try and clean it up.

I did finally get the nerve to pick her up and she is light! I thought she was so much heavier than she was. I thought she was older than mirabelle too, but I don't think she is.

She has done some growling when she first came in and when i petted her while she was eating. I was trying to feel where her ribs are and how skinny she was.

So here are some pics...they aren't very good though.

Debbie

Tundra_Queen
July 16th, 2009, 07:56 PM
It always helps if i attach the pics.

Tundra_Queen
July 16th, 2009, 07:58 PM
here are some more

edwina
July 16th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Cute kitty :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Oh, she's beautiful!!!! :flirt: Her eyes look very green in the second and third shots :thumbs up What a lovely girl! I love the pattern and coloration of her stripes!

Mirabelle did a great job of cloning herself! :laughing:

Tundra_Queen
July 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM
thanks Hazel...Mirabelle must of been on the net looking up cloning when I wasn't looking. :laughing:

I wish I could of gotten the colour better as Darcey is white, grey and tan colours. Mirabelle was grey but she tunred blackish when she got older. I hope Darcey stays grey as I love grey in cats.

Debbie

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Maybe Darcey'll settle in a spot of sun for a photo op soon so we can get a better idea of her true colors. :D Regardless, she looks like a lovely girl!

growler~GateKeeper
July 17th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Darcey is very purrty :lovestruck: Being white, grey & light orange means she is a dilute calico :lovestruck: 99.99% of calicos & torties are females :D

Tundra_Queen
July 17th, 2009, 06:09 AM
thanks Growler. Then that is what mirabelle is also. For some reason I keep think of Darcy, still not sure about the name yet. as a male. Don't know why. :laughing: I think Snuggle bums would fit her better.....she loves to cuddle and get pets.......it's unreal, but I'm loving it!

Debbie

14+kitties
July 17th, 2009, 06:30 AM
She's a cutie. It's amazing how much she looks like Mirabelle. Uncanny actually. Almost like they are from the same mom. Is that possible?
I am sure she will fit in quite well once she is settled. Is there much hissing from the other side of the door?
I'm glad you decided to help this one. She is so cute! :thumbs up

EndOfFashion
July 17th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Awww she's so pretty! I love her black eyeliner. My friend had a cat with black eyeliner too, and named her Alice - after Alice Cooper! :laughing: Yours doesn't really look like an Alice, though...I think Darcy is a great name!

chico2
July 17th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Darcy is very pretty,is there something wrong with her eye??
She seems to be squinting with one eye.
If nobody is looking for her,she'll be a reat fit in your kitty-household:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
July 17th, 2009, 07:57 AM
She's lovely! Her expressions are so sweet. I like Darcey as well. It suits her.

Tundra_Queen
July 17th, 2009, 10:09 PM
She's a cutie. It's amazing how much she looks like Mirabelle. Uncanny actually. Almost like they are from the same mom. Is that possible?
I am sure she will fit in quite well once she is settled. Is there much hissing from the other side of the door?
I'm glad you decided to help this one. She is so cute! :thumbs up

14+ Mirabelle and O'Shawnnessey, their brother and Mom were all captured at the same time. After I adopted Mirabelle and OS their mom got adopted too. She had been fixed in the foster home.

I guess it is possible. If Mom had a baby a year before she got captured and that one had a baby I guess that one could be Darby. :)

Darcy is very pretty,is there something wrong with her eye??
She seems to be squinting with one eye.
If nobody is looking for her,she'll be a reat fit in your kitty-household:lovestruck:

Chico, I didn't even noticed her eye. I went back and looked at the pic and your right. I will have to mention it to the vet on Tuesday. I went over her again today and did find a wound on her. My friend had thought she had been in a cat fight one night so maybe her eye got scratch. Me, with my bad sight didn't even notice, so thanks for mentioning. I will keep an eye on it now that I know about it.

Debbie :)

Tundra_Queen
July 18th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I had a really good snuggle with Darcy laying flat and I found a few little wounds on her, more than I had found before. Her fur is so thick it is hard to feel thru it all. Also she doesn't have much padding on top of her bones. I can feel almost every disc on her back and her shoulder and hip bones are sticking out.

I fed her some chicken on a flat plate and she ate it all up, so she will be getting lots more with her canned food. She seems to be drinking a fair amount of water, so that is good. Plus the water I put in with her wet food. her white is still not as white as Mirabelle's but it is getting there. Her tummy is a lot more white now and so are her legs and paws.

Debbie

rainbow
July 18th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Darcy is so pretty and does look so much like Mirabelle. :lovestruck: I love her markings and green eyes. :cloud9:

She doesn't look thin to me in those pics at all. :shrug:

TeriM
July 18th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Very pretty kitties :cloud9:. Congrats on the newbie :).