Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat party

dogcatharmony
July 16th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Dex's first time with cat nip....of course big cat Amos had to show him how to do it. And Phoebe kind of joined in, she doesn't like cat nip, one sniff and she is done. The boys however like to eat it, roll in it and get it everywhere.

you shares herbz??

that's mine.......NEWB!!

catnip scootin' boogie'

dogcatharmony
July 16th, 2009, 03:24 PM
and a few more

OHHHH I am going to feel this tomorrow

Fastest gets the lastest

Feets do have flavouz

Bina
July 16th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I just love the dilated eyeballs on the tabby dude.

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 03:37 PM
:laughing:

herbz

:p funky herbz

cute kitties

under the influence :D

dogcatharmony
July 16th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Old kitty and the aftermath (Amos)

Young kitty and the aftermath (Dexter)

Dexter liked it so much that the next day he managed to wedge his little feet in the drawer I keep the nip in on the tallboy cabinet, and scooped out the nip and fed it to Amos and himself again. Of course my dining room got trashed. The places he can get into just amaze me.

Tundra_Queen
July 16th, 2009, 03:43 PM
DCH....U big cat nip pusher you! :laughing::laughing:

dogcatharmony
July 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM
:D I deal in fine kitty herbz and fish flavored cookies.

chico2
July 16th, 2009, 03:50 PM
DCH,did you ever give them fresh cat-nip??
My cats have their own little batches in the garden,they eat it,roll in it and get the zoomies from it.
You should plant some if you don't already have some.
The pics are hilarious,Dex seems to fit right in:thumbs up

Bina
July 16th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I used to have a great big cat nip plant outdoors, but it was way too tempting for Miss Mitten and her wild "teen" years.
All gone!

dogcatharmony
July 16th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I am trying right now to grow my own nip. So far the plants are just tiny.....have a bad base, my whole yard is clay. But I have got nice black dirt from the compost and am going to try again, this time in pots.

I have been buying the nip whole and dried. You get the whole plant dried in a bouquet. So it's still on the stalks and full of flowers. They go bonkers.

Why do some cats eat it and some don't ? Out of all the people I know here in town that have cats, my two are the only ones who actually eat it. My parents cat (s) before one passed, my sister's cats, friends cats......they all say their's just roll on it. Mine roll and chomp......:shrug:

Bina
July 16th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Mine eats it like it's a freaking salad bar.

chico2
July 16th, 2009, 04:05 PM
So do mine:laughing:

Love4himies
July 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I didn't know you had 3 cats and Zoe :o.

Yup, fresh catnip, is a kitty's best friend :laughing:

pattymac
July 16th, 2009, 07:26 PM
we have it everywhere!! I'm going to start drying it. My guys prefer it dry..maybe more potent!!

edwina
July 16th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Very cute :laughing:
I call my dad the kitty drug dealer, he gives the cats fresh catnip just about everyday. :D Some of mine eat it, some just roll in it, others dont want it. I prefer the smell of the dried, it smells like tea, but to me the fresh smells like a skunk. :yuck:

TeriM
July 17th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Hehe, cute pics :laughing:.

My cats love catnip but unfortunately so does the dog (Riley) so I buy the catnip pillows and they get played with for a while and then Riley gets them all covered in slobber and destroys them :frustrated:.

growler~GateKeeper
July 17th, 2009, 02:45 AM
catnip scootin' boogie'

:laughing:

Dexter liked it so much that the next day he managed to wedge his little feet in the drawer I keep the nip in on the tallboy cabinet, and scooped out the nip and fed it to Amos and himself again. Of course my dining room got trashed. The places he can get into just amaze me.

:laughing: Way to go Dexter :thumbs up Amos likes you now for sure :D