-->

I has a big stick!

CearaQC
July 16th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I has a big stick!

And no you can't touch it!

dogcatharmony
July 16th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I want pictures of the big hole that is going to be needed to bury that big stick! LOL

CearaQC
July 16th, 2009, 11:50 AM
She doesn't bury them, she makes toothpicks!:laughing:

dogcatharmony
July 16th, 2009, 11:54 AM
:laughing: Well that is going to be one huge pile of toothpicks

Jim Hall
July 16th, 2009, 11:56 AM
ahh yeah irember my guy reducing sticks to kindling

CearaQC
July 16th, 2009, 11:57 AM
We're starting to bring in winter firewood and there are sticks everywhere. She will even try to haul around 6 ft long pieces or even good sized chunks. When the men are out there working with the wood, she will steal pieces and haul them off to chew and spit out.

Well at least she's doing her bit in helping us make kindling! :laughing::laughing:

Jim Hall
July 16th, 2009, 12:00 PM
lol yup the bigger the better

mollywog
July 16th, 2009, 12:09 PM
ahh there she is, the last time you posted pics of the pups she was too busy rolling around to get a good shot! What a clown, she looks great! Isn't it funny how some dogs always have to go for the biggest stick!? :laughing:

14+kitties
July 16th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Awww Sheeba. She is so sweet!! She has big stick and she knows what to do with it too!! She's just trying to help you make mulch for your gardens. :thumbs up Such a good girl!! :cloud9:
What does Sandy do through all of this?

CearaQC
July 16th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Awww Sheeba. She is so sweet!! She has big stick and she knows what to do with it too!! She's just trying to help you make mulch for your gardens. :thumbs up Such a good girl!! :cloud9:
What does Sandy do through all of this?

Sandy either pretends she's a cow and grazes on a bit of tall grass (it seems to be especially yummy with rain drops on it, even though the water bowls inside are full!:laughing:), sniffs around, smells something interesting in the lawn and decides to have a roll on top of interesting smell, or plays with Sheeba. Usually Sandy stands still while Sheeba runs around the flower beds trying to get Sandy to chase her. Sometimes it ends in a standing on hind legs rear up and then a chase, other times she just stands there and takes it.

Sandy isn't very athletic and tends to be lazy. We have to encourage her to exercise more or she will just lay around like Garfield.

But when we go for walks in the woods, and leave the woods to go home, the two of them get all crazy in a combo wrestling match/chase/catch-me-if-you-can.

diandpat
July 16th, 2009, 01:04 PM
OMG those are such cute pics...I love the one running away :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I always thought that she was a "black golden" but in those pics it looks like there is some red hair under the black, or is that just the sun?

One way or the other, she is just beautiful :cloud9:

CearaQC
July 16th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Sandy is her mom, so that's where the golden highlights come from. As to her father, no one knows. I asked the people that helped with Sandy's rescue and they think it was another Lab not far away that fathered the pups. :shrug: I don't think we will ever find out for sure.

So Sheeba is mostly black, with golden highlights in the places where true Goldens have the lighter colors. But her back leg feathering and underneath the tail is more of a grayish/white color. She was solid black when she was born though and didn't sport the other colors until almost a year old. She's a trail mix retriever. :laughing:

I'm trying to get a video together so you can see them in action. I love our vid camera but it's so complicated to get the videos off it. I have to "finalize" the disc then put it into a computer. Then the computer won't even play it until I convert the file type. So annoying.

ancientgirl
July 16th, 2009, 02:53 PM
What a great assistant you have to bring in firewood!

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Sheeba really does have lovely highlights! Such a beautiful girl :flirt:

I swear the Pack thinks it has a cellulose deficiency....I see that Sheeba shares that need. :D She can come here and help clean up under the oaks any time! :thumbs up

Dog Dancer
July 16th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Sheeba is gorgeous times two. My last dear departed pup was named Sheeba also and had an affinity for sticks until she got a small one stuck in her throat one day and it resulted in five or six surgeries over about a month to fix it all up. It was awful for her, and after that I really avoided letting her make toothpicks. We always said she needed more "bark" in her diet.:laughing: (Now I must go back and look, but I don't recall seeing brown spots on the lawn...)

Bina
July 16th, 2009, 04:45 PM
So pretty, that Sheeba girl.
We've had bad luck with sticks and dogs. One got a piece of wood wedged across the roof of his mouth, another got a huge splinter in the gumline, and my friend's dog got a piece lodged in it's throat (emerg surgery).
I realize that I can't over protect my pets, but I can supervise and watch for signals that they have something stuck.
Your dogs are so beautiful. :)

chico2
July 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Ceara,I don't think I've ever seen Sheeba,she is a very beautiful girl:lovestruck:
Love her silky soft looking retriever hair:lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
July 17th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Love the 2nd pic w/her walking away so proud with her prize :D