Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puce is out with the gang

14+kitties
July 16th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Are you guys tired of Puce updates yet? :D
Puce decided he wanted to explore this morning. So I trimmed his nails and let him go. I watched for quite some time to see what would happen. Then I had to come to the house and grab the camera. :rolleyes:
Beside the required lahiss (he's French) things seem to be going not bad. I will put him back in before I go to work this afternoon just to be on the safe side.
More pictures?
Squeak came around the corner, saw Puce, turned and ran. What the pic doesn't show is Puce in hot pursuit. I think he wanted to play.
This one is inside the old shed which I am going to start demolishing next day I am off. There are lots of old smells in there. Hence the open mouth.

14+kitties
July 16th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Notice in this one where the kitties heads are turned. You know where Puce is.
Frenchy - you asked if he was making more work for me. Not any more than when any other new one comes in. I just want to make sure he is settled and comfy. I bet within a week he is one of the gang. :thumbs up

BenMax
July 16th, 2009, 09:38 AM
That looks like kitty haven!!! Puce looks like he is enjoying himself.

BIg huggs to you and Puce.:grouphug:X 1 million.

Love4himies
July 16th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Sick of Puce pics???? silly girl, you know us by now, we never get sick of pics :D.

Second BenMax's post :thumbs up :grouphug: :lovestruck:

14+kitties
July 16th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Aww thanks ladies. :o I keep going over to check on progress. Every time I go near Puce runs under their house. Do you think he is trying to tell me he doesn't want to go back in the crate? :rolleyes::D

mollywog
July 16th, 2009, 10:34 AM
L4H is right- NEVER sick of pictures!!!
haha it doesn't sound like he wants to go back into his "jail"- he's enjoying his newfound kitty freedom way too much!
It must be interesting to sit back and watch all the interactions with the newcomer. Who do you think will befriend him first?? :cat:

14+kitties
July 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
L4H is right- NEVER sick of pictures!!!
haha it doesn't sound like he wants to go back into his "jail"- he's enjoying his newfound kitty freedom way too much!
It must be interesting to sit back and watch all the interactions with the newcomer. Who do you think will befriend him first?? :cat:

Now that one is really hard to answer. Seeing as most of them were a "colony" onto themselves for quite some time it sometimes takes a while before they decide to cosy up to a new one. The triplets will probably let him close the fastest I think. Triplets because they are all grey striped tabbies. Two are sisters. The other a cousin. All girls. So I guess it depends on how "nice" they decide to be. Either that or it will be Tinker. He is Mr. Personality over there. MiniMo will be the first to put the run on him. I know that one!!
The telling time will be when it starts getting cooler. It will be interesting to see who/where he curls up at night. :sleepy:

luckypenny
July 16th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Wow, what an amazing set up you have for the cats 14+. Too cool!

Can't wait to see more pics :goodvibes:.

dogcatharmony
July 16th, 2009, 10:46 AM
:thumbs up So nice to see him out and about by himself.

And tired of pics???? Is there such a thing???

krdahmer
July 16th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Aw I hadn't realized he was here already!!! and lahiss....you are too funny!:laughing: I can't wait to meet him! And it looks like he'll fit right in, he's got all the right colours anyhow! ;)

14+kitties
July 16th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Aw I hadn't realized he was here already!!! and lahiss....you are too funny!:laughing: I can't wait to meet him! And it looks like he'll fit right in, he's got all the right colours anyhow! ;)

:D I can't take credit for that! That was Momma Frenchy who said it first.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=64117

And yes, you are waaayyyy past due for a visit young lady!!! For colours.... he is actually quite a bit blacker than the rest. He sticks out well. I can look over from the house and see where he is. :thumbs up

ancientgirl
July 16th, 2009, 01:45 PM
:laughing:That's so cute he went running after Squeak.

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 02:57 PM
So how did you finally convince the little dickens to kennel up before you went to work? :D So much to explore! So many friends to make! The little guy is gonna be mighty busy for a while! :cat:

14+kitties
July 16th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Wow, what an amazing set up you have for the cats 14+. Too cool!

Can't wait to see more pics :goodvibes:.

But that's only the backside of the catuary. You can't see their house from that side. :D Thanks!

So how did you finally convince the little dickens to kennel up before you went to work? :D So much to explore! So many friends to make! The little guy is gonna be mighty busy for a while! :cat:

Actually, I let him stay out till I got home from work tonight. I took treats over to them all and he came right over to me. :cloud9: I scooped him up, put him in his crate with some treats and his food and water, and he's good for the night. I will let him out again tomorrow before work. Am iffy about letting him stay out all night untill I see some sign they are all getting along. He is such a joy to have here! :lovestruck:

edwina
July 16th, 2009, 08:26 PM
So cute :flirt: He looks very happy :cloud9:

Frenchy
July 16th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Actually, I let him stay out till I got home from work tonight. I took treats over to them all and he came right over to me. :cloud9: I scooped him up, put him in his crate with some treats and his food and water, and he's good for the night. I will let him out again tomorrow before work. Am iffy about letting him stay out all night untill I see some sign they are all getting along. He is such a joy to have here! :lovestruck:

omg he must had been so happy to be out and about ! I'm happy to see him so happy but I miss him :sad: he is such a cutie isn't he ? :lovestruck: I'm glad he's nice to his new mom now ! :thumbs up

14+kitties
July 16th, 2009, 08:51 PM
omg he must had been so happy to be out and about ! I'm happy to see him so happy but I miss him :sad: he is such a cutie isn't he ? :lovestruck: I'm glad he's nice to his new mom now ! :thumbs up

I can fully understand why you miss him. :2huggers: He is such a sweetie. Even when he is hissing and growling he isn't really angry. He is just telling me he wants to do his own thing so put him down!!
I am sure by the end of the weekend he will be out all the time. I'm off Sunday so will be able to keep an eye on them most of the day. I will be working over there gutting the small shed.
He let me do his claws this morning and only grumbled once. I think that's pretty neat. I love him to bits!! :cloud9: Gotta say thank you once again for letting me have him. :cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee
July 16th, 2009, 08:56 PM
14+--I think your Puce threads have been wonderful!

Can't wait to hear who or where his first curl up at night will be! :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
July 16th, 2009, 09:00 PM
14+ he looks like he's having a good time exploring. He must be in kitty heaven!! :laughing:

TeriM
July 17th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Wonderful pictures of Puce :lovestruck:. I am so glad that he seems to be settling in so well :thumbs up.

growler~GateKeeper
July 17th, 2009, 02:09 AM
The fact that all the cats get along really well (for the most part) and haven't started anything show's they've pretty much already accepted him :thumbs up and he has accepted them :pawprint:

Looks like Puce was having a great time exploring this morning :D

ancientgirl
July 17th, 2009, 06:52 AM
It's great that he's exploring during the day. I think you'll be able to leave him out at night in no time.:thumbs up

14+kitties
July 17th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Thanks everyone! I hope he is happy here. I don't serve poutine though so not sure. :p

It's great that he's exploring during the day. I think you'll be able to leave him out at night in no time.:thumbs up

I think I may try tonight. I need a baby monitor so I can listen!! :lightbulb:

ancientgirl
July 17th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I think I may try tonight. I need a baby monitor so I can listen!! :lightbulb:

I remember when I left Czari out of the kitchen for the first time all night, I did it on the weekend. That way, if there was any trouble and I was up constantly, I didn't have to worry about waking up early for work.

The baby monitor is a fantastic idea! You know, it would be neat if you could set up a little web cam type thing in their little area. :D

14+kitties
July 17th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I remember when I left Czari out of the kitchen for the first time all night, I did it on the weekend. That way, if there was any trouble and I was up constantly, I didn't have to worry about waking up early for work.

The baby monitor is a fantastic idea! You know, it would be neat if you could set up a little web cam type thing in their little area. :D

Actually, we have thought about putting a camera over there. Just so I can keep an eye on them. It's a distinct possibility in the near future.

ancientgirl
July 17th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I'd love to do something like that at home. Not that I think much is happening while I'm at work:laughing:

But it's nice to be able to keep an eye on them every once in a while to make sure everything is okay.

14+kitties
July 17th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Puce is out with the rest again now. It was pouring rain a while ago so he was hiding out with them under the house. :thumbs up

Love4himies
July 17th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I can fully understand why you miss him. :2huggers: He is such a sweetie. Even when he is hissing and growling he isn't really angry. He is just telling me he wants to do his own thing so put him down!!
I am sure by the end of the weekend he will be out all the time. I'm off Sunday so will be able to keep an eye on them most of the day. I will be working over there gutting the small shed.
He let me do his claws this morning and only grumbled once. I think that's pretty neat. I love him to bits!! :cloud9: Gotta say thank you once again for letting me have him. :cloud9:

OMG I love the non-threatening growls and hisses from kitties :cloud9: :lovestruck:. They make me laugh. :laughing:

14+kitties
July 17th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I fed the guys their supper tonight. After raining on and off all day and me being at work I wasn't sure how things were going here. The kitties would have been in the house most of the day. I guess things went pretty well. Puce and Spazzy shared a bowl of food! :thumbs up Progress!! And only day 3!!!

ancientgirl
July 17th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Oh wow! I think that sounds like great progress!

Frenchy
July 17th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Puce and Spazzy shared a bowl of food! :thumbs up Progress!! And only day 3!!!

Good boy Puce !!! :thumbs up I knew he would get used to them fast , he loves other kitties :cloud9:

good work 14+ !! :thumbs up

rainbow
July 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM
ARRRGH, I am sooo out of the loop here. :yell:

I didn't even know that Puce went to your place. :o

Glad to hear that he is fitting in so well :thumbs up .....but then he's a tabby. :cloud9:

14+kitties
July 17th, 2009, 07:39 PM
ARRRGH, I am sooo out of the loop here. :yell:

I didn't even know that Puce went to your place. :o

Glad to hear that he is fitting in so well :thumbs up .....but then he's a tabby. :cloud9:

Yep. :cloud9: I was so lucky Frenchy gifted me with this boy when she couldn't keep him. He doesn't like her doggies at all so, after much decision making, he came to my house on Tues. He is such a good boy. I love him already! :cloud9:
Should add it was thanks to LP, her mom and stepdad. :)

rainbow
July 17th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Some people on this forum never cease to amaze me and you are one of them. :angel: :grouphug:

14+kitties
July 17th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Some people on this forum never cease to amaze me and you are one of them. :angel: :grouphug:

:o Aww thank you rainbow. :grouphug: I'm honoured.

Smiley14
July 17th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Oh, he's exploring!!! Good boy! :flirt:

Chaser
July 17th, 2009, 08:32 PM
That's great to see! Amazing progress already 14+ :thumbs up

Such a cutie :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
July 17th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I fed the guys their supper tonight. After raining on and off all day and me being at work I wasn't sure how things were going here. The kitties would have been in the house most of the day. I guess things went pretty well. Puce and Spazzy shared a bowl of food! :thumbs up Progress!! And only day 3!!!

Yeahhhhhhh Puce and Spassy! That is great news!!

Debbie

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Sounds like everything this going swimmingly! :thumbs up Spazzy probably spent the day showing him the ropes and introducing him to the gang. :cat:

14+kitties
July 17th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Sounds like everything this going swimmingly! :thumbs up Spazzy probably spent the day showing him the ropes and introducing him to the gang. :cat:

Ummmm, nope. Can't see that. My Spaztator is a bit of a loner. Very food motivated though. I think he just saw fresh food and said YUM!! He didn't care who was on the other side of the dish. :D Well, actually, they both looked up and kept eating. It's a good thing. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
July 17th, 2009, 11:40 PM
That's great Puce & Spazzy were sharing a food bowl :thumbs up and after spending some time huddled under the house together it shows for sure they're getting along great :highfive:

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Ummmm, nope. Can't see that. My Spaztator is a bit of a loner. Very food motivated though. I think he just saw fresh food and said YUM!! He didn't care who was on the other side of the dish. :D Well, actually, they both looked up and kept eating. It's a good thing. :thumbs up
Aw, I can dream, can't I? :laughing: hazel has a runaway imagination and madame hazel is even worse! :p

14+kitties
July 19th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Well, big test was last night. I let him spend the night out with the others. Everything was hunky dory this morning. All is well!! He is officially part of the gang. Still holds back a little from them but I am sure very soon he will be right in the midst. :thumbs up Good boy Puce!!! :cloud9:

Frenchy
July 19th, 2009, 04:31 PM
awwww good boy Puce !!! :thumbs up

I'm so glad he's settling so quickly :cloud9: maybe he'll make a girlfriend ? :p

:cat:

ancientgirl
July 19th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I'm so glad he's adjusted so well! I think soon he'll be making lots of friends!:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 19th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Yay, Puce! :highfive: That was pretty quick! :thumbs up

rainbow
July 19th, 2009, 11:28 PM
awwww good boy Puce !!! :thumbs up

I'm so glad he's settling so quickly :cloud9: maybe he'll make a girlfriend ? :p

:cat:

LOL ......and he's got lots of pretty girls to choose from there. :D