Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

remember the neighbour issues???

dogcatharmony
July 15th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Well how is this for an update?? Zoe just loves the little guy. Wish I would have had my camera settings right for the first two pics....so cute

Okay, I will wear Zoe's birthday hat

And she can wear my hat

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Cute pictures! What was the neighbor issue? Did they have an issue with Zoe?

dogcatharmony
July 15th, 2009, 03:24 PM
And of course we have to throw Dexter in the mix. I crack up so hard when the little fella calls Dexter through the window. He even calls Phoebe....but Phoebe was a no show.

dogcatharmony
July 15th, 2009, 03:27 PM
oh yeah AG......I had major major issues with my neighbour. Let me see if I can find the old thread and post a link.

She gave me a list of dogs she didn't like, and asked if Zoe was a Husky because of her curled tail. I said no but she is part Chow.....well Chows were on her list.....and then the fun began.:wall:

14+kitties
July 15th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Aww, that last pic is a keeper!! You need to blow it up and give it to the mom as a keepsake. It's adorable.:cloud9:
Is that the mom in the first pic? Nice to see the smile. :thumbs up Great work!!

dogcatharmony
July 15th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Yep, that's the mom. She even stops to come and pet Zoe whenever she is outside.:thumbs up Zoe is all bum wiggles when she sees her now.

The mom even picked up on when Zoe does her "alert" bark that something is nearby. They were playing on the little fella's new swing set way out back , and Zoe was in her yard watching......and she saw/smelled something, and jumped up and did her bark. She ran as far to the back of the yard as her line allows and just barked and barked with her back protecting the passage to the next yard. The mom payed attention, and the next thing is two loose dogs come barreling through the backyard......Zoe went nuts.....you don't mess with her peoples. Then she had to give kisses and sniffs to make sure everyone was all right.

Oh and I forgot to add, Zoe did all the hard work. It's those big brown eyes of hers I tell you. There is no denying them anything.

BenMax
July 15th, 2009, 03:33 PM
You have done the canine world a great service. You educated! Great job!!!:thumbs up

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Oy, she actually gave you a list of dogs she didn't like? Is she on some sort of medication.:rolleyes:

dogcatharmony
July 15th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Okay, found the thread let's see if this works. It got a little long, but you get the jist of it the first few posts......it was insane.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=55616

Dog Dancer
July 15th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Great pics, glad it all worked itself out.

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2009, 04:36 PM
How cool is that! I guess there is hope! :D Did you ever in your wildest dream think it was going to work out so well?!

Love4himies
July 15th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Wow, what a positive outcome, dch!!!!!

I think it is great that a little boy gets to enjoy the love of a dog, even if it is only a part time dog :lovestruck: :cloud9:

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2009, 06:52 PM
OMG DCH, you have the patience of a saint. If I had a neighbor who came up to me like that, I'd look at the list, then at them and say, "If you have a problem with the dog, then I suggest you put up a fence. Other than that, watch your kids and keep off my side of the yard. I'm not going to chain my dog up, or keep him in the house because you just moved in."

Oy! Seriously, the nerve of that woman.

Jim Hall
July 15th, 2009, 09:43 PM
lack of knowledge produces fear knowledge allows you to ract in a good way with the world

to parapharase one of the rules educate dont castigate

growler~GateKeeper
July 15th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Great pics :thumbs up nice to have harmony between you & your neighbours

Tundra_Queen
July 16th, 2009, 03:20 AM
DCH what a difference a year makes! I love the pics of the hat exchange and with Dexter!! I'm so glad Mom is starting to relax around Zoe too!! :grouphug: that is so wonderful!! You did great girl! *S* And that little boy is a sweetie!

Debbie