Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More Puce

14+kitties
July 15th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Puce wasn't liking being in his crate while I was in the house feeding and cleaning this morning. He wanted to be out too so..... I took him out on a leash. Please excuse the long grass. This is the first day off I've had in a week. I have since cut most of it.
I wish I had sound to go with the pics. Most of the time he was busy hissing and growling. I guess he expected one of the other kitties to jump out at him. But all in all he was pretty relaxed.
Love this one!
Oh hi Nipper!!

mollywog
July 15th, 2009, 01:30 PM
oh yay!! He's making friends!! :highfive:

BenMax
July 15th, 2009, 01:33 PM
He looks sooooooooooooooo happy 14+K!

:offtopic: I am a kitty needing a home...I have been pretending to be a human so that I can see who I want to be my mom - I pick YOU 14+K. Bags are packed, got my own litter box, I like treats and California Blend....I will see you for next transport!:D

Chris21711
July 15th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Bless you Gerri...hissing and growling sounds like a normal kitteh :thumbs up...as for long grass, don't excuse yourself :rolleyes: like cats care about long grass :)

14+kitties
July 15th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Not too interested in making friends with Nipper. Gotta move on......
Stop to smell the flowers.
Then Tinker came up to see. Puce wanted nothing to do with him either.
After all of that I took of the collar and leash. He promptly went under the house and hid. After I mowed the grass he ventured out. I was cuddling with him when Meowzer came close. He got pretty hissy and growly again.
Right now he is cuddled back in his crate having a much needed rest.
So much to do..........

14+kitties
July 15th, 2009, 01:46 PM
oh yay!! He's making friends!! :highfive:

:laughing: Not sure how "friendly" they are yet. Give them time. I would say at this point he's making hissing buddies.

:offtopic: I am a kitty needing a home...I have been pretending to be a human so that I can see who I want to be my mom - I pick YOU 14+K. Bags are packed, got my own litter box, I like treats and California Blend....I will see you for next transport!:D

:thumbs up Thanks BenMax. I love having these guys around. They are what I work for. Any time you want to join us feel free. Just remember you gotta like cat hair. It comes with the territory.

Bless you Gerri...hissing and growling sounds like a normal kitteh :thumbs up...as for long grass, don't excuse yourself :rolleyes: like cats care about long grass :)

Actually, remember I leave the edges of the catuary long for them to hide and sleep in. That is what Nipper was doing when we came upon her this morning. She just grumbled a little and moved. :D But the rest of it really was bad. It looks so much better now.
I am on my way shortly to pick up fencing so hubby can work on the new enclosure for Ace, Ajax and the unnamed one. It's way past time to get them out of the garage.

Chris21711
July 15th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Yep I remember Gerri, they like the long grass to play hide and seek, Herbie has a special place in one of my gardens :frustrated: he especially likes, hence bent over lillies.

It's a good sign he wasn't freaked enough to stay under the house and that he felt confident enough to come out :thumbs up

All will be good at Tabby Haven :cloud9:

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I love the picture where he's smelling the grass. He'll be so happy with you over there. Heck, what cat wouldn't be?

dogcatharmony
July 15th, 2009, 03:55 PM
:laughing: Hissing buddies........that is too funny, but hey, you got to start somewhere. Puce has beautiful eyes, Love the smelling the flower pic.

You're an angel +14........:angel:

Dog Dancer
July 15th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Oh yeah, he's going to settle in just fine in time. I don't see any flat kitty ears in the pics. This is good.

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2009, 04:46 PM
He seems to be sizing up all the exploration possibilities. :D I love the second shots of each set--doesn't he look like the Great Adventurer surveying all his new territory? :cat:

Love4himies
July 15th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Awww, it is all so scary for him right now, but he is not looking overly stressed ;).

edwina
July 15th, 2009, 06:43 PM
He looks kind of really excited to me. Like a kid in a candy store. :D
Has he seen your mini panther yet ? :)

14+kitties
July 15th, 2009, 06:53 PM
He looks kind of really excited to me. Like a kid in a candy store. :D
Has he seen your mini panther yet ? :)

Unfortunately the mini panther decided he didn't like being with my other kitties. :sad: He ripped a hole in the top of the fence last Monday night and escaped. Luckily I was just coming home from a meeting because when he left he took Spare Cat and Mew with him. Spare Cat is still out. I know he will go back in eventually. He has before. I managed to finally catch Mew but he was very stressed by the time I did. It took him a couple of days to get back to his normal lovable self.
We are working on adding a stronger medium to the top of the fence so it doesn't happen again. I was surprised it happened the first time. In the years we have had it this is the first time a cat has chewed a hole through the strongest gauge chicken wire.
My hubby saw the black cat the next morning (he thinks) about two miles down the road. I am hoping he was trying to find his way back to his home. :fingerscr

Frenchy
July 15th, 2009, 09:22 PM
omg Puce outside in the grass !!! :cloud9: he must had been sooo happy ! :cat:

I can't wait to see him finally play with the others , but I do know this will take time.

14+ , thanks for your patience and all your work !!!!! I'm hoping Puce isn't taking too much of your time , I know you have many more to take care of.

Is he ok with you now ? Is he still hissing at you ??

Be a good boy Puce !

growler~GateKeeper
July 16th, 2009, 01:50 AM
That 2nd pic is so cute :lovestruck: He looks like he'll do fine with all the other kitties :)

:fingerscr mini-panther either is heading home or comes back for good
:goodvibes: Spare Cat come home soon & doesn't try chewing the wire himself

Tundra_Queen
July 16th, 2009, 02:35 AM

:laughing::laughing:

14+...U are a wonder! Puce is a very lucky boy to have a wonderful place to live in.

How did u get Puce to walk on a leash or was he already use to one?

Debbie

EndOfFashion
July 16th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Puce is beautiful :lovestruck: I love his eyes! Are they a seafoam green kind of colour (that's what they look like)?