Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing my dog Beau :-)

sasha101
July 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Well here is Beau, he was dumped in our neighborhood and was running around for a couple of days, we called the pound, looked for flyers, looked in the newspaper, but it seemed nobody cared that he was missing. We kept him for a few days, then decided we'd give him a home.
I took him to the vet, he said he looked like he could be a lab/dane cross, we had the rabies, and puppy shots just in case, the vet thinks he's around 7-8months. Today he is on his first trip to the beauty parlor lol, goodness knows how that will go, he's a typical pup , wild as a hawk and full of fun.
You will see by the pic, I think we have quite a character on our hands lol

BenMax
July 15th, 2009, 12:56 PM
He obviously is very pleased about being rescued by you. Sometimes things happen for a reason - they seek you out rather than the other way around.

How wonderful you are to take in this beauty and care for him. You will get it back 10 folds.

sasha101
July 15th, 2009, 12:56 PM
this was resized, I have no idea why its so big , sorry can someone adjust it if its a problem :rolleyes: sorry :-)

sasha101
July 15th, 2009, 12:58 PM
thank you ben, Im so sorry for the size, its huge here on my computer, and yes I think he's going to be a treasure once we get him trained :-)

BenMax
July 15th, 2009, 12:59 PM
thank you ben, Im so sorry for the size, its huge here on my computer, and yes I think he's going to be a treasure once we get him trained :-)

Actually - I like the size - no apologies as we just get more of him:thumbs up

sasha101
July 15th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Ha,ha ok Ben thanks, Im new to the site and was a bit worried,didnt want to make a bad impression as a photo-hog lol

BenMax
July 15th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Ha,ha ok Ben thanks, Im new to the site and was a bit worried,didnt want to make a bad impression as a photo-hog lol

With a face like that sasha101 - there can be no bad impressions. Anyways - I have been here for awhile and still can't post a picture.

So welcome to the forum and if you need any help with training - this is the perfect place to be. There are many different people that have solutions to just about anything.:thumbs up

sasha101
July 15th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Ok ty again, working with him nearly every evening, recall is a hard one, but persistence pays off will post pics of my old girl of 11yrs when I get some more on this new computer, getting used to Vista Arghh lol

mollywog
July 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
oh he's beautiful!! What a character indeed, sitting on the toilet seat like that! :laughing:
we will never get upset for too many pictures- we love pictures!!! :lovestruck:

Dog Dancer
July 15th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Beau is so handsome - mind he doesn't steal the clorox bottle though. Did the intro's go well with your older dog? I guess it must have. Thanks for saving this sweet young boy.:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2009, 04:39 PM
He looks like Beau's feeling right at home! He's a beautiful boy! :flirt: Thanks for taking him in and then sharing him with us! :D

Dee-O-Gee
July 15th, 2009, 09:24 PM
You're an :angel: for taking him in. He looks so content. How can you say "NO" to a face like that! :cloud9:

We never get tire of too many pictures either! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
July 15th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Beau is adorable :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

He might even be full Lab - the taller more lanky American Lab as opposed to the shorter stockier English Lab :) From that one pic I'd say American style Lab and not Dane crossed but we'd need more pics to see for sure :D

diandpat
July 15th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Congratulations on the new addition!!! :thumbs up We "acquired" our Hobo in much the same manner six years ago and can't imagine life without him...he definitely picked us as I am sure Beau picked you :lovestruck:

Looks like toilet training is going well:laughing::laughing::laughing:...I am sure he'll get recall in no time. When in doubt, use hot dogs when he gets it right ;)

Can't wait to see more Beau and your beautiful senior too :D

sasha101
July 16th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Growler if you take a look at this link, you'll see why we we're thinking maybe a dane/lab mix, when Beau is standing upright this dog is so much like him, Id love to get his DNA done to see exactly what his mum and dad were , mind you that would probably cost a pretty penny lol whatever he is, he sure has a lovely nature, Ill post some pics of my senior and more of Beau when I can get this Vista thing sorted out, Im lucky if I can find my pics at all he,he :shrug:

http://www.quintessa.net.au/Dogs/Quintessa_Paroo/Paroo%20pic.jpg

sasha101
July 16th, 2009, 12:35 AM
P.s Ill try to get a sideways shot to compare....ohh eek ! how much do danes eat ?? lol

growler~GateKeeper
July 16th, 2009, 12:52 AM
We have a member on pets.ca TeriM she has an American style tall lanky black lab Riley and an English style shorter stalkier yellow lab Lucy. Riley often gets mistaken for a Great Dane or part Dane.

This post has a pic of the two together http://www.pets.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=451103&postcount=5

and this thread has a few to show the size difference http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57075

I'm just saying it's possible :shrug: :D

Tundra_Queen
July 16th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Oh My look at that face!!! :laughing: He is so darn cute!!!

Debbie

sasha101
July 16th, 2009, 01:12 PM
wow growler, that pic of both dogs, sure does look like our Beau, Im praying he doesn't get too large lol although I have to say Danes and Labs have lovely natures, so IF he turns out to be a mix, it will be a nice cross nature wise, he is so loving now at 8months, Ill try an post a pic of my older girl... watch this space :rolleyes: he,he

TeriM
July 17th, 2009, 02:50 AM
We have a member on pets.ca TeriM she has an American style tall lanky black lab Riley and an English style shorter stalkier yellow lab Lucy. Riley often gets mistaken for a Great Dane or part Dane.

He does look like my Riley :eek:.

Great pictures, what a character :lovestruck:.