Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost my job

clm
July 15th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Found out on Thursday. We knew a big reorg was coming and they whacked 25 people out of a possible 75 in round one. My last day is Friday, but I'm not coming back to work after today.
Thursday was a horrible day, a lot of very sad people. My whole department got the chop.
DH isn't working yet either, so it's definately a worry.

Cindy

BenMax
July 15th, 2009, 11:01 AM
CLM I am so very sorry. Keep your chin up as hard as it may be at the moment. Hopefully you got a package???

:grouphug:

Something positive will come your way.

Love4himies
July 15th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Awwww, crap, clm. I hope you (and dh) find a job soon. :pray:

Dog Dancer
July 15th, 2009, 11:10 AM
CLM - I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure it is a worry to say the least. Good luck to you both, something will come along. Good things inevitably happen to good people. Stay positive and focused. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Oh no, that's terrible! I hope you find something soon! Are they at least giving you some sort of severance?

luckypenny
July 15th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry clm. I know change is difficult, and especially stressful when it involves employment. Hoping something good comes of all this...and a window of opportunity opens for both you and your dh :grouphug:.

TacoGrl
July 15th, 2009, 11:33 AM

I am sorry to hear this... :sad:

Make sure if you qualify for EI to get it filed right away to make the wait shorter...I don't qualify cuz I was commission :sad: , but it makes things a little less desperate and you have access to all kinds of job clubs and courses.

Good luck :fingerscr

mollywog
July 15th, 2009, 11:38 AM
so sorry to hear that clm. What field were you working in??

clm
July 15th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks guys, I'm sure it'll work out, life has a way of doing that.

Yes I have gotten a package and will be fine for a while. This same place packaged my off 7 years ago, but hired me back in just a few months, so the package is good, not quite as good as it would have been if it had been for my full 29 years.
A lot of people are in a lot worse shape than we are. At least we don't have a honkin big mortgage or kids to worry about.

I'm an inventory planner Mollywog. I keep us in stock on stuff so we can sell it on to our customers. I help to ensure steady supply and plan for packaging changes and that kind of stuff. Been doing that for the past 7 years. I was in IT for 22 years prior to that. AS/400 operations, telecom and network administration.
Lots of different things so I'm not too worried about not being versatile enough to find a job, just need the economy to pic up enough to help the cause. :laughing:
Thanks TacoGirl. I know I have to file for EI right away, although I will not be able to collect it for months to come yet, and hopefully I never have to, but you do have to file within 30 days or you can have a huge hassle. You can at least do it all on-line now.

Cindy

CearaQC
July 15th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Wow it's so hard to hear that when someone has such a long service. Some companies only care about profit and they boot out employees right before they are eligible for a nice pension.

I'm sure you will find something soon!

Smiley14
July 15th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Oh, I'm so very sorry. :( I have to say, I really admire your attitude though! I wish you the best of luck. :grouphug:

mollywog
July 15th, 2009, 01:29 PM
glad to hear you aren't panicking (yet :o)
yes, definitely apply for EI- I actually just applied online yesterday (since I am a substitute teacher- shortage of work over the summer, obviously). It says it will take 60 minutes, but I found it to be much less, as long as you have all the basic info on hand.
Good Luck! :thumbs up

14+kitties
July 15th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Awww clm, I am so sorry. It's tough out there. We have a friend who has been looking since before Christmas for something in his field. Now he is at the point he is willing to do anything.
I really hope the economy turns around soon. It sucks for everyone.
Hang in there. :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Aw, Cindy, what crappy news! :grouphug: But you're right--life seems to work out. Here's some :goodvibes: that the silver lining shows itself soon!! at least you'll have more time with the boys now! :o They'll like that! :dog:

Frenchy
July 15th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I'm so sorry clm :sad: this economy thing just sucks :sad:

did you buy a 6/49 today ???? 35 millions or something .....

good luck to you and hubby :grouphug:

Dee-O-Gee
July 15th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Sorry to hear of your bad news CLM!

Just be positive and take it one day at a time. :)

At least you'll be able to spend some time with the pets and have a little extra time off for the summer...if it ever gets here :frustrated:

chico2
July 16th, 2009, 09:13 AM
clm,I am sooo sorry,maybe you can get in to a business of your own,I know quiet a few people who have.
My oldest son beeing one of them,with your experience,maybe you could come up with something.
It's a scary time for many people,especially younger couples with mortgages,expensive habits etc...a wake-up call for sure:sad:

cell
July 16th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I`m loosing my job too, and funnily enough it doesn`t really have anything to do with the èconomic crisis. What can ya do eh :shrug:

Luvmypitgirls
July 17th, 2009, 01:52 PM
clm, I'm sorry to hear about your job loss.
I hope that they call you back sooner than later or another job comes your way quickly.

BeagleMum
July 17th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I am so sorry to hear that you lost your job. I am sure everything will be ok. I am a true believer in everything happens for a reason. :grouphug: