Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some people are very kind

TacoGrl
July 14th, 2009, 10:15 PM
As some of you know, I am out of work right now :sad: and can't afford much. My mom had an accident with her bike not long ago and ended up giving it away because it had gotten too big for her. Well, neither of us can really afford a new bike right now and she is really missing riding (it is good exercise for her and sometimes we go together :)), so I put an ad up on Kijiji and this kind soul has a bike they are willing to GIVE to us! It has been so long since anyone has done anything nice for me (I try to still help people though) and I sat down and had a good :cry: I only hope that when we get in a better spot, we can find someone who really needs a bike to help out. :)

Edit: pic...it is in really good shape and just the right size for my mom...she loves the retro style and I am happy she is happy :)

Jim Hall
July 14th, 2009, 10:26 PM
yup sometimes it happens i am sure you will pass it on

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 10:41 PM
That really was a lovely gesture! I hope your Mom gets lots of enjoyment from her new bike :thumbs up

TeriM
July 15th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Yeah, I think people are generally much better then we give credit for and it is great to have those nice moments :thumbs up.

Love4himies
July 15th, 2009, 06:50 AM
What a nice story to share with us, tacogirl. It is a lovely bike for your mom.

I hope your situation changes soon :pray: :grouphug:

BenMax
July 15th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I am a very strong believer in karma. You were 'paid back' for a good deed. This circle will continue because your luck will change in the near futur and when it does you in turn will do something unselfishly for a stranger or a friend.

I have hit hard times before and felt completely detached and wondered why me....as time goes on a new door opens and a new opportunity with good fortune. Things will be ok.:grouphug:

TacoGrl
July 15th, 2009, 07:32 AM
It certainly has brightened my day that someone could be so kind to me...with all the bad, sometimes one needs a kind gesture to bring them out of a funk :)

I am attaching a basket (mom likes to ride to Safeway) and shine the tires up...other than that, it is pretty clean and in good working order...I will give her the bike on the weekend :)

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2009, 07:54 AM
That was a lovely gesture.