Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puce is at his new home.

14+kitties
July 14th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Puce had a long day today. He came from Montreal to Grimsby, Ont. He is now snuggled up sound asleep in his crate. :cloud9:
Frenchy - I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this gift you have trusted me with. He is adorable. :lovestruck: I am sure in a few days he will fit in quite well. I know there were some tears this morning when you said goodbye. Please know whenever you want to see him all you have to do is ask. I would be glad to take pics for you.
LP - thank you for being instrumental in getting him to me. For that I will always be grateful to you.
Thank you both for your generosity and kindness. :grouphug:
Inside the catuary... being scoped out by the others....

edwina
July 14th, 2009, 07:42 PM
He's a cutie :cloud9:

14+kitties
July 14th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Tinker saying hi.
Inside the cat house.
Checking out his temporary home.

14+kitties
July 14th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Handsome boy. :cloud9:
Checking out the noises around him.

14+kitties
July 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM
What's out there?
Hmmm, must explore and see.....
I think it might be ok here.

mollywog
July 14th, 2009, 07:49 PM
oh, thats great news for everyone!! He actually looks quite calm and happy, all things considered! :cloud9:
Can't wait to see his progress with the gang!

14+kitties
July 14th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Last ones for tonight.
I just got told off. :D
And he was very happy doing it!!

He has used the litter, eaten, and is cuddled on his pillow with Momma Frenchy's teeshirt. :cloud9: More adventures tomorrow............

Frenchy
July 14th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I just got told off. :D

Are you sure ? because it looks to me like he's saying HI !!!! :D

omg 14+ , I'm the one who should be thanking YOU !!! :angel: poor Puce was so miserable in the guest bedroom here , all alone :sad: but now he will have so many friends , he loves playing with other kitties ! And being safe outside :cloud9: what a life he'll have !!!

Like I said in my e-mail , I think you should change his name , Puce is sooo french !!

Thanks sooo much again 14+ !!!! :2huggers:

And LP , for getting EVERYTHING together , as always , you're an angel mf !!! :2huggers:

BenMax
July 14th, 2009, 08:06 PM
What a beauty.:lovestruck:

14+K - you are an amazing person. Thank you so very much for everything that you do!!:grouphug:

14+kitties
July 14th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Are you sure ? because it looks to me like he's saying HI !!!! :D

omg 14+ , I'm the one who should be thanking YOU !!! :angel: poor Puce was so miserable in the guest bedroom here , all alone :sad: but now he will have so many friends , he loves playing with other kitties ! And being safe outside :cloud9: what a life he'll have !!!

Like I said in my e-mail , I think you should change his name , Puce is sooo french !!

Thanks sooo much again 14+ !!!! :2huggers:

And LP , for getting EVERYTHING together , as always , you're an angel mf !!! :2huggers:

Nah, he was telling me off! He was hissing!!! :eek: But he hasn't since then.:thumbs up I just went out and checked again. He is looking quite comfy on his neat bed. Your teeshirt is right beside him. :cloud9:

What a beauty.:lovestruck:

14+K - you are an amazing person. Thank you so very much for everything that you do!!:grouphug:

Look who's talking. :highfive:

Frenchy
July 14th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Have you notived something different when he hissed ? Like this :

la hiss la hiss .....

well , he's french ! :shrug:

:D

14+kitties
July 14th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Have you notived something different when he hissed ? Like this :

la hiss la hiss .....

well , he's french ! :shrug:

:laughing::laughing: I did wonder if he would understand English. :p
He is doing quite well! How about Duece for a name? Close enough to Puce he won't get too confused?

aslan
July 14th, 2009, 08:18 PM
only the dogs speak french french, la ruff la ruff, i'm soo glad Puce made the trip safely and you just no he's gonna get the bestest care possible at 14+'s...And we can always really bug her for pics and updates.

clm
July 14th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Isn't that wonderful, Frenchy can relax because he's got an incredible home with loads of new friends and 14+ has a new beautiful kitty.

So what does Puce translate to in English? How do you actually pronounce Puce. I like the name the way I pronounce it although it's likely not the right way. :laughing:

Cindy

Frenchy
July 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Isn't that wonderful, Frenchy can relax because he's got an incredible home with loads of new friends and 14+ has a new beautiful kitty.

how true clm !!! I can't even begin to tell you how glad I am , to know where he is ! in kitty heaven !
So what does Puce translate to in English? How do you actually pronounce Puce. I like the name the way I pronounce it although it's likely not the right way. :laughing:

Cindy

Puce means.... flea :laughing:

Duece sounds pretty much like Puce :thumbs up

Frenchy
July 14th, 2009, 08:29 PM
only the dogs speak french french, la ruff la ruff,

cats do speak french too !!! but really , Puce is bilingual , started with a french owner , then got a crash english course at Badger's , and back to french at my place :p

14+kitties
July 14th, 2009, 08:30 PM

Cindy

Puce means.... flea :laughing:

Duece sounds pretty much like Puce :thumbs up

LP's son told me that Puce was pronounced Puss in English. When I heard that I said it was most definitely being changed!! I don't mind Puce at all. I may keep it. If I change it to Duece I already have an Ace. I can make a whole deck soon. :rolleyes: NOT!

14+kitties
July 14th, 2009, 08:32 PM
cats do speak french too !!! but really , Puce is bilingual , started with a french owner , then got a crash english course at Badger's , and back to french at my place :p

And now he has to listen to English again. Poor boy. :sad: :D He is going to be able to speak both fluently then. :thumbs up

babymomma
July 14th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Yay For puce! And you 14+! I bet he will be right at home very soon!

Frenchy, it sucks that you had to give him up, but to know he is in good hands and to be able to have lots of pictures and updates, It must be awesome!

Jim Hall
July 14th, 2009, 09:30 PM
all right nelly is breasking out the beer right now..... the terror has left the building!!!!

Dee-O-Gee
July 14th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Oh how I love happy endings! :cloud9: Crack open the Bud eh Jim?

14+ and Frenchy-- :thumbs up :thumbs up up for finding Puce/Duece his forever home! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 09:40 PM
:laughing: You may be right, by all reports, Jim!

Puce looks pretty calm with 14+, Frenchy...give or take a little hissing. :D

Has he only just hissed at you, 14+? Not at the other kitties? I don't see anything other than kitty kuriosity in any of those pics :thumbs up I think this is going to be a wonderful adventure!!

14+kitties
July 14th, 2009, 09:44 PM
:laughing: You may be right, by all reports, Jim!

Puce looks pretty calm with 14+, Frenchy...give or take a little hissing. :D

Has he only just hissed at you, 14+? Not at the other kitties? I don't see anything other than kitty kuriosity in any of those pics :thumbs up I think this is going to be a wonderful adventure!!

Nah hazel. He was doing some hissing/growling at the other ones. Normal stuff. I have no doubt in a few days he will be out there playing with the others. It will be fun for sure. Especially when MiniMo puts the run on him!! She doesn't back down from anyone. :eek:

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 09:53 PM
He doesn't look particularly upset to hazel...no ears back, claws out, open-mouthed hissing :o (Can you tell hazel has had some uncomfortable moments with cats? :laughing: She is definitely not much of a kitty whisperer like you are! :p)

Tundra_Queen
July 14th, 2009, 11:21 PM
14+ u got another kitty! Puce is very pretty!Do u cover up his cage a bit so he can have his privacy in case he gets scared?

only the dogs speak french french, la ruff la ruff, i'm soo glad Puce made the trip safely and you just no he's gonna get the bestest care possible at 14+'s...And we can always really bug her for pics and updates.

In the french books, the dogs say wap wap! :laughing: I kid u not! Son went to French immersion up here, 98% of the pop is French here. And they say wap wap. could never figure out how they got wap wap.

Debbie

growler~GateKeeper
July 15th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Puce looks like he's settling in quite nicely :thumbs up Bonus that he matches also being a Tabby w/White :D

Dracko
July 15th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Puce looks like he's settling in quite nicely :thumbs up Bonus that he matches also being a Tabby w/White :D

Same thing I thought. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2009, 04:48 AM
I love that second shot of him in the first post. Such a direct gaze...looks very regal! He's such a handsome boy! :flirt:

Love4himies
July 15th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Awwww, 14+ you are an :angel:, I think Puce is going to fit right into your catuary :lovestruck:

mollywog
July 15th, 2009, 08:00 AM
In the french books, the dogs say wap wap! :laughing: I kid u not! Son went to French immersion up here, 98% of the pop is French here. And they say wap wap. could never figure out how they got wap wap.

Debbie

Sorry- a bit :offtopic: here but in Chinese, dogs say "Wong Wong Wong"! :laughing:

mollywog
July 15th, 2009, 08:01 AM
14+= how did Puce/Deuce make it through the night? How long will you keep him in the crate for?

luckypenny
July 15th, 2009, 08:37 AM
:goodvibes: for a smooth transition.

Dog Dancer
July 15th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I'm with Hazel, he really doesn't look overly stressed out given all he went through in one day. What a lucky boy to have so many people who cared so much for him. But that all the animals had guardian angels looking out for them like this crew has. Congratulations and hugs to you all for making this sweet, beautiful boy happy.

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2009, 10:23 AM
He looks pretty darn happy to me.:D

sasha101
July 15th, 2009, 12:22 PM
He's one very handsome boy, lets hope he'll settle with his new neighbors and be happy :D

14+kitties
July 15th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I want to make sure to have a few pics up so Momma Frenchy can see Puce's progress so.......

More here......

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=64130

Frenchy
July 15th, 2009, 08:26 PM
all right nelly is breasking out the beer right now..... the terror has left the building!!!!

:laughing:

she is more relax .... and pretty soon Puce will be too , and will have tons of friends to play with. :thumbs up