Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What the ... ???!!!???

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Can someone please explain to hazel how she can comb and comb and comb...

54887 54888

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2009, 05:41 PM
...vacuum religiously once or even TWICE a day...

and here's a before shot so you can see hazel is really, really vacuuming... :o

TacoGrl
My hair is starting to fall out in clumps too as I get older, not quite like THAT :eek: :D

krdahmer
:laughing: I get that off Buddy on a daily basis.... and he's a cat!!!:eek::laughing: I can't even imagine all the tumble furs flying off that many doggies!!! ;)

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2009, 05:44 PM
...and still end up with THIS?!? :eek:

54891 54892

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Oh...wait a minute...

Okay...

Never mind :o

:laugh:

Smiley14
July 13th, 2009, 05:49 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I will never complain about all the short little hairs around my house again. :p

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2009, 05:50 PM
:laughing: The dogs do try to blame the Hazel Run Humans for all the hair (who woulda thunk that two Humans could shed so much!!!??? :dog:) but hazel ain't buyin' into that theory! :laugh:

kr, Buddy will soon be inducted into the Honorary Setter Hall of Fame! :thumbs up Anyone who sheds like that must be given an honor of some sort, and the Setter Hall of Fame just happens to have an Excellence in Hair Award! :dog: (I won't tell them he's a cat if you don't :p)

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Around our house, Smiley, short hairs are hubby's nose hairs... :o :p

Dog Dancer
July 13th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Ummm... Nose hairs huh. I must show hubby this thread so he'll know that we are not alone in having dog hair in the house now and then. Of course I only have two, but...

Dracko
July 13th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I go through the SAME thing. With 1 dog that seems to shed a lot and the 5 cats no matter what I do there's always more hair. I sweep/wash the floor, turn around and there are hair balls blowing around. :shrug:

dmc123
July 13th, 2009, 07:18 PM
That is too funny! We can empathize, not as many dogs, but add the cats in. Each vacuuming seems to pick up another stray critter.

LOL at those great pics.

Diane

Love4himies
July 13th, 2009, 07:47 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: OMG that is too funny. I do have similar problem with Puddles' fur, but not quite on that scale.

lUvMyLaB<3
July 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM
wow hazel.. I not quite so jealous anymore, you cured me... next time I threaten.. remind me....

Clean freaks live around here, that why I got me one of them fun fangled non sheddin dogs!

Frenchy
July 13th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Oh...wait a minute...

Okay...

Never mind :o

:laugh: omg :laughing: poor Hazel , you need to be sponsered by Dyson ! :lightbulb:

love the final picture :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee
July 13th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Frenchy's right. You should get some kind of vacuum sponsorship deal going to show how well their product cleans! :laughing::laughing:

I just love windy days when all the windows and doors are opened and you can catch them hair balls in mid-flight :D:D

Luvmypitgirls
July 13th, 2009, 09:52 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Omg Hazel!

I've always complained about the hair on my floors too, just never had the nerve to take a picture of it and post it...:laughing:

babymomma
July 13th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Ohhhh ther Joys of having a dog, that sheds less then i do :D

Sorry hazel... If you would like, I can come down and vaccum full time for you. As long as I can sleep with one of the dogs on their beds, and get many many doggy cuddles. Oh and Keely would have to come.. She could help keep the pack in order! :angel:

Collies_Rule!
July 13th, 2009, 11:04 PM
OMG... I feel your pain! LOL! :)

edwina
July 13th, 2009, 11:50 PM
You may want to get a new vacuum, its blowing hair instead of sucking it up. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Thats alot of doggies :eek: :D

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 12:42 AM
It's blowing hair! :eek: That's gotta be the answer, edwina! :laughing: I never thought of that!

Oh, I have no problem taking pictures of my less-than-Susie-Homemaker house, LMPG :D Next week, maybe I'll do one on the dusty corners at Hazel Run. Housework has never been my forte :o Luckily, dogs aren't very critical and hubby knows better to complain (if he does, I hand him a dust cloth :laughing:)

Wouldn't that be great, Frenchy?! An official sponsorship by Dyson! :cloud9: I might just have to send them a letter :D

And I just realized I posted the wrong Pack picture...the one I was going for was this one:

Macie has her eyes closed in it, but at least she's facing forward. :D

Tundra_Queen
July 14th, 2009, 12:54 AM
:laughing: Hazel I think u should start collecting the dog hair and selling it to a bird sanctuary. Ya know birds love animal hair to make their nests! You could make a killing selling it by the metric tonne! :laughing::laughing:

Debbie

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 01:03 AM
As it happens, I do put hair out every spring! :D Got the idea when we lived in EC and had a carpeted deck. It was indoor/outdoor carpeting with a pretty good nap on it and it used to catch all the setter hair. Every spring the house finches would come along and clean all the hair off of it. They'd work their way across the deck, pulling hair, and by the time they got to the far edge, they had quite the beakful of white setter hair. They all looked like they were sporting moustaches! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
July 14th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Hazel must find someone with a spinnning wheel ........ spun dog fuzz coats :cloud9:

Love the Pack pics :lovestruck: so cute :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I don't think it would spin very well...most of it isn't woolly enough. :o If setters had more of an undercoat it might work...but then, of course, there'd be even more hair on the floor! :eek: :laughing:

I thought you might like that last pic, growler. :D Easy ID with everyone facing forward. :p

growler~GateKeeper
July 14th, 2009, 01:16 AM
I thought you might like that last pic, growler. :D Easy ID with everyone facing forward. :p

:rolleyes: Is that a challenge? :p

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 01:42 AM
It's been a while since you've had to run through your paces :p

growler~GateKeeper
July 14th, 2009, 01:45 AM
:p

Front Row L-R
Macie, Lil Belle, Ember, Brier, Ridge

Back Row L-R
Cass, Cole, Gracie

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Nope. :eek:

:D

Look closer...

growler~GateKeeper
July 14th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Okay I was only looking at the last pic Brier is in the back between Cass & Gracie then and Cole up front between Ember & Ridge

Cole's face looks much smaller but I can see it better in the 1st Pack pic, Brier's grown himself rather stocky now hasn't he :D he's been working out. :dog:

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 02:01 AM
He's filling out some under the Sheriff's strenuous "get the Deputy in shape" exercise program. Cole sends Grace out to run Brier ragged all morning and the Deputy's physique has begun to develop nicely in response to all the hard work :D

Interestingly, Grace was looking a little pudgie after winter and was up to 34 pounds, so I cut her back a little and started getting her zooming a little more. Her tummy tucked up higher and her waist pulled in a bit and she was looking just boffo... Had her in to be weighed at the vet and she now weighs 35.5 pounds! :eek: :laughing: So much for dieting :rolleyes: But she's looking good! So the Sheriff's exercise program has benefited both Grace and Brier. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
July 14th, 2009, 02:22 AM
All that just means we need to see more of the Pack ;) :D

breeze
July 14th, 2009, 10:06 AM
If setters had more of an undercoat it might work...

Archie and Bree has enough for eight,( and then some, they don't mind sharing :D:D :laughing:

I understand what your going though, yesterday we had all doors and windows opened and all the fur balls went a rolling. (thought I got them all, they multiply!! :eek: right before your eyes)

All your dogs look fit and great hazel !!

Gail P
July 14th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Ohhhh ther Joys of having a dog, that sheds less then i do :D

Sorry hazel... If you would like, I can come down and vaccum full time for you. As long as I can sleep with one of the dogs on their beds, and get many many doggy cuddles. Oh and Keely would have to come.. She could help keep the pack in order! :angel:

Can I take you up on your offer too? :D My place is just as bad, I just haven't posted pictures of it :o My pack would be more than happy to cuddle and have more people to sleep with. They can't all fit on the bed with me. :dog:

Melinda
July 14th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I will never complain about one dog again, I'll never complain about one dog again *LOL*

CearaQC
July 14th, 2009, 02:37 PM
This is hilarious! :laughing::laughing: I thought we had it bad with two dogs and a cat.

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I just finished vacuuming and hazel is taking a much deserved break on pets.ca where lots of people understand the state of her house...unlike, say, hazel's MIL :o :laughing:

hunnybunny
July 14th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Lol i thought i had it bad with hair everywhere !!!

:)You could take up knitting jumpers with their fur :laughing::lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
July 14th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Hazel, those birds must of looked cute with their little moustaches LOL

I put the cat and dog hair out for the birds in the spring too. We get so much I might start taking it over to the huge park across the road from me......LOL The bears might be able to use it too! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 04:18 PM
:laughing: I can just picture the bears snuggling down into their dog-fur-lined beds, TQ! :cloud9:

GailP, we have the same problem--not everyone fits on the same bed! You need to clone yourself and get two king-sized beds so everyone can snuggle up to mom! :laughing:!

onster
July 14th, 2009, 05:01 PM
LOOL

ok im showing this to my mom so she can stop complaining bout kitty fur :p

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 05:12 PM
There ya go, onster! :thumbs up The Pack will be so happy they helped out yet another pets.ca member. :laughing:

edwina
July 14th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Hazel must find someone with a spinnning wheel ........ spun dog fuzz coats :cloud9:
I saw a woman on the news once that did just that, she had so much dog fur, that she spun it into thread and made purses and animal coats out of it and sold them. This also reminded me of a woman that used to sheer her sheeps and spin the wool into coats for her sheep :laughing::laughing: , she dyed them different colors and everything :D

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2009, 11:32 PM
There's a woman here who makes dog-fur coats and sweaters--spins the undercoat and knits or weaves the garments. Problem is, setters don't have much undercoat. If they did, I'd be up to my eyeballs (instead of just my navel :laughing:) in hairballs! :eek:

Gail P
July 15th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I just finished vacuuming and hazel is taking a much deserved break on pets.ca where lots of people understand the state of her house...unlike, say, hazel's MIL :o :laughing:

Just do what I do and stop inviting in anyone who doesn't understand :D If someone comes to my door I'll often step outside to speak with them. They might think I'm rude to not invite them in, but somehow hearing the ruckus the dogs kick up and seeing at least 6 doggie faces in the windows seems to make them feel they might be better off on the outside :laughing: ("How many dogs do you have?! And they all live in the house?!")

I honestly can't be bothered trying to vacuum and sweep all that often, it seems just as bad the next day and I have better things to do with my time and energy. With my bad back and some other joint problems there's a limit to how much physical stuff I can do so I'm sure not going to wear myself out on something so pointless (daily cleaning really is pointless in my house when it's just as bad again the next day). I choose to instead use my energies on things where I feel I'm actually accomplishing something, and it's usually outside stuff (i.e. planting and later weeding out the vegetable garden, backyard cleanup, odd jobs around the farm, cleaning out the chicken coop, taking the dogs for a swim or a training run etc.) If you come to my house you're going to have dogs sitting on you, licking you, wanting attention and yes, shedding on you. I figure if you don't like it, don't come over. It's my house and it's the way I choose to live. In fact, I even have a couple of warnings/disclaimers posted. I have this posted on my front door:

Dogs Live Here

If you don't want to be greeted with paws and swinging tails,
Don't come inside because dogs live here.

If you don't like the feel of a cold nose or wet tongue,

If you don't want to step over many scattered toys,

If you think that a home ought to smell of perfume,

But if you don't mind all of this,
You will be instantly loved when you come inside because…

Dogs live here!

and this hanging on the wall just inside the door:

My Dogs Live Here

My dogs live here, they're here to stay.
you don't like pets, be on your way.
they share my home, my food, my space
this is their home, this is their place.

You will find dog hair on the floor,
they will alert you're at the door.
they may request a little pat,
a simple 'no' will settle that.

It gripes me when I hear you say
“just how is it you live this way?
they smell, they shed, they're in the way..”
WHO ASKED YOU? is all I can say..

They love me more than anyone,
my voice is like the rising sun,
they merely have to hear me say
“C'mon , time to go and play”

then tails wag and faces grin,
they bounce and hop and make a din.
They never say “no time for you”,
they're always there, to GO and DO.

and if I'm sad? They're by my side
and if I'm mad? they circle wide
and if I laugh, they laugh with me
they understand, they always see.

so once again, I say to you
come visit me, but know this too..

My dogs live here, they're here to stay.
you don't like pets, be on your way.
they share my home, my food, my space
this is their home, this is their place.

Of course, there's no guarantee that once inside the dogs will give you a chance to read it :dog:

:laughing: I can just picture the bears snuggling down into their dog-fur-lined beds, TQ! :cloud9:

GailP, we have the same problem--not everyone fits on the same bed! You need to clone yourself and get two king-sized beds so everyone can snuggle up to mom! :laughing:!

Yeah, just picture 6 out of 8 dogs wanting to be on the double bed with me and dh :crazy: Actually only a couple of them sleep on the bed when both of us are in it but they know it's fair game once he's up and gone to work. Some of them will just quietly get up on the bed and go back to sleep when he leaves, but more of them jump on the bed to let me know when it's time to get up and then I'm pinned down by them all wanting to snuggle and get their morning cuddles. :lovestruck::cloud9:

Yes, I'm the crazy dog lady, I'll admit it. :o

TeriM
July 15th, 2009, 02:24 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Love the group shots :cloud9:. I actually named them all in my head before growlers post (gotta keep up the training) but I can never tell Cass and Ridge apart :frustrated:.

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Love the poems, Gail! :thumbs up But for some reason, we get very few guests.

:laughing:

And as for beds, I know exactly what you mean :D:
We frequently have that pinning problem, too! Very unfortunate if you wake up having to pee! :eek: :laughing:

Love the group shots :cloud9:. I actually named them all in my head before growlers post (gotta keep up the training) but I can never tell Cass and Ridge apart :frustrated:.

madame hazel sometimes has trouble with that, too, if she can only see their heads. Ridge's back is a lot whiter, though. :D

Frenchy
July 15th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I just copied the pics of the whole pack on deck. Must show my sister , she drools everytime she sees pics of the pack :)

Frenchy
July 15th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I just copied the pics of the whole pack on deck.

it didn't work :cry: could you e-mail me both pics ? please please please ? :o

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Yes'm... For a price... When will Nelly be arriving, eh? :o

They're on their way :thumbs up

pattymac
July 15th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I'm making a carpet...just let it stay on the floor and then when it gets thick enough, wet it down, jump around on it so it felts and voila, animal coloured carpet!!! Then you can have it steam cleaned! :) :)

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2009, 10:45 PM
What a marvelous idea, pattymac! :highfive: And another advantage of the finished product is that it won't show the dog hair! :laughing:

Chaser
July 15th, 2009, 11:16 PM
LOL.....I think I need to stop complaining about the tumbleweeds in my house now! :laughing:

Good job getting them all in one pic! :thumbs up

Gail P
July 16th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I'm making a carpet...just let it stay on the floor and then when it gets thick enough, wet it down, jump around on it so it felts and voila, animal coloured carpet!!! Then you can have it steam cleaned! :) :)
BRILLIANT!!!:lightbulb:

edwina
July 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Great idea, i will try that with my cat hair :D

rainbow
July 16th, 2009, 03:21 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for the laughs, Hazel :laughing: and, I loved the pack pic. :cloud9:

Next week, maybe I'll do one on the dusty corners at Hazel Run. Housework has never been my forte :o Luckily, dogs aren't very critical and hubby knows better to complain (if he does, I hand him a dust cloth :laughing:)

Ummmm ....could you maybe get Cerberus and Sally to help too? :D

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 04:04 PM
sigh

:p

CearaQC
July 16th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I :lovestruck: the pic with all them on the bed!

How in the world can you keep any blankets for yourself while sleeping?:laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 04:23 PM
The beauty of it is that there's so much body heat being transferred that you don't need any blankets! :laughing:

chico2
July 16th, 2009, 05:29 PM
OMG Hazel,that is an awful lot of hair,but just think of the eight time kisses and cuddles,i'd live with the hair:lovestruck:
and I thought my house was hairy:yell:

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 06:06 PM
hazel had to post this thread as a public service to those of you who used to think your house was hairy but now have a better perspective on it. Isn't she an :angel:?

:o

(GailP, you, of course, are not included in that group. Your house is hairy! :p I think we should start a Hairy House Club! :laughing: Whaddya think? Minimum 8 hairy animals in the house as a membership prereq? Or should we do it by sheer tonnage of hairballs? :laugh:)

kandy
July 16th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Wow. LOL And I thought my house was hairy. At least the newf hair tends to come out in chunks, so it's fairly easy to pick up.

Great pix of the pack!!! I bet it's tough to get them all in one place (yes, I noticed that the porch dead ends right there...lol) and all looking at the camera, or at least towards the camera. :)

aslan
July 16th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I personally wanna know how, you can thoroughly clean all the hair balls up, sit down and poof a little hairy tumbleweed goes rolling by. Seriously how can One dog lose so much hair and not be bald.

CearaQC
July 16th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I personally wanna know how, you can thoroughly clean all the hair balls up, sit down and poof a little hairy tumbleweed goes rolling by. Seriously how can One dog lose so much hair and not be bald.

I've wondered the same thing about myself. You should see my hair brush!:laughing:

aslan
July 16th, 2009, 06:44 PM
We use the furminator on Qman, then i dustmop the floor, then mop, and sure enough, rollin,rollin rollin...:frustrated:

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 09:31 PM
If you ask the Sheriff, he'll tell you that it's not the Canines at all--it's the Humans. Look at a Human and all you see is bare skin! Where do you think all the fur went? :dog:

pattymac
July 16th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Hehe!! You know I find that coffee tastes better with a little hair in it! You know too that all that hair on the floor helps insulate. Just sweep it into those drafty corners!!

aslan
July 16th, 2009, 09:37 PM
see now there is a problem with that theory Cole... both grace and i have short hair, and one is blonde the other brunette, the hairballs is gold.

Dee-O-Gee
July 16th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Public Service announement eh Hazel? :laughing::laughing:

Today was a nice breezy day and all my windows were open. :eek:

All of a sudden the wind came whippin in and I had little funnel furry clouds floating in amongst the sun filled rooms! :o :o

If this had of been a real emergency, I would have had to lock all my windows! :laughing::laughing:Fortunately no company came a callin' today. :highfive:

jaclmickles
July 16th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Hazel, that is too funny! Now when people are shocked about my four I can just show them pics of your bunch. How in the world did you get them all to hold still so you could take such a great picture of them together?

As for the hair, I ended up with a wet/dry vac, the large 16 gallon size, to help with all of the short hair everywhere. Plus I have a rhoomba that I like to let run whenever needed. I think they make one for pet, though I'm not sure they had your run in mind. :cool:

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Hehe!! You know I find that coffee tastes better with a little hair in it! You know too that all that hair on the floor helps insulate. Just sweep it into those drafty corners!!

Actually, the passage of the Pack herds the furballs into those drafty corners! :laughing: And as for food...I have a trivet that proclaims to all who are brave enough to eat here that "The Chef is not responsible for dog hair!"

see now there is a problem with that theory Cole... both grace and i have short hair, and one is blonde the other brunette, the hairballs is gold.

Dogs are colorblind...and you still have to explain why none of your bare skin has any hair on it. All that fur...missing! Looks pretty suspicious to Qman and Bailey! :laughing:

All of a sudden the wind came whippin in and I had little funnel furry clouds floating in amongst the sun filled rooms! :o :o

Don't ya love it!? :laughing: We have the occasional outbreak of dust bats (as opposed to dust bunnies :D), too! :o

Hazel, that is too funny! Now when people are shocked about my four I can just show them pics of your bunch. How in the world did you get them all to hold still so you could take such a great picture of them together?

OK, OK! hazel will fess up... :o

It's not really a dead-end there...that's a gate behind them. I tricked 'em. Told 'em they were going down into the Big Yard. Then, when they all had gathered at the gate, I broke the news to them that the toll to pass the gate was gonna be a photo op. :D

Plus I have a rhoomba that I like to let run whenever needed.

I was thinking about a rhoomba...but the image of 8 dogs chasing the darn thing down the hall convinced me that perhaps an automatic vacuum was not the best idea. :o What does your crew do when the rhoomba is running? Do they pay it much mind?

Gail P
July 17th, 2009, 12:04 AM
(GailP, you, of course, are not included in that group. Your house is hairy! :p I think we should start a Hairy House Club! :laughing: Whaddya think? Minimum 8 hairy animals in the house as a membership prereq? Or should we do it by sheer tonnage of hairballs? :laugh:)

"Public service anouncement #123456789 - the Hairy House Club

Do your friends, family and loved ones complain about the amount of pet hair in your home? Do they say it's on their clothes, in their food, up their nose, in their throat, blowing around and collecting in every nook and cranny? Is it really as bad as they think? Now you can prove them wrong by directing them to view the photos posted by members of the Hairy House Club. They will be shocked, amazed even, and will look around your home with a whole new respect.

If you and they both are not truly shocked by the images you find, perhaps it's time to re-evaluate the situation? Maybe you qualify to become a member of the Hairy House Club and can join us in our outreach program to help others whose non-pet-loving friends just don't get it.

The Hairy House Club...helping pet-owners everywhere"
:D

Minimum number or sheer tonnage, either one works for me :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Should I start a pets.ca poll? Number or tonnage?

So do we get community service brownie points for this? :D

growler~GateKeeper
July 17th, 2009, 12:39 AM
:laughing: HHC :laughing:

pattymac
July 17th, 2009, 04:15 AM
I don't think I can beat my sister for hair right now. She's in the middle of sorting her herd of Alpacas fleeces, she has at least 10 large bags to sort through and clean...heheh all sitting in her family room. Great piles of very soft, very large piles of hair..hehe she keeps the windows in that room closed!

14+kitties
July 17th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Wow! It's amazing a thread about hair gets to page three already! Where ARE our priorities these days? :rolleyes::p Joshin'
I could, I suppose, move all my kitties into my house for a day or two. I'm sure if I did that I could rival your doghaired corners hazel. But not so sure I could get hubbies ok on that one.
Love the pics of your eight beauties and handsome dudes being "tricked" for the photo op. :thumbs up

jaclmickles
July 17th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I was thinking about a rhoomba...but the image of 8 dogs chasing the darn thing down the hall convinced me that perhaps an automatic vacuum was not the best idea. :o What does your crew do when the rhoomba is running? Do they pay it much mind?[/QUOTE]

So far they tend to leave the Rhoomba alone. They'll sniff at it, then find something else to get into. I was actually surprised. I thought it would be great fun to watch them play with it.

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I don't think I can beat my sister for hair right now. She's in the middle of sorting her herd of Alpacas fleeces, she has at least 10 large bags to sort through and clean...heheh all sitting in her family room. Great piles of very soft, very large piles of hair..hehe she keeps the windows in that room closed!

:eek: Can you imagine how much fun the Pack would have with that?! :laughing: Pack nirvana! :dog:

Does your sister spin the wool, pattymac?

Wow! It's amazing a thread about hair gets to page three already! Where ARE our priorities these days? :rolleyes::p

:laughing: Hey, beats me! I thought it was gonna be a one-post wonder! :laugh: :p

I guess hair is just something that everyone with furry pets can relate to. :D

So far they tend to leave the Rhoomba alone. They'll sniff at it, then find something else to get into. I was actually surprised. I thought it would be great fun to watch them play with it.

Hmmmm...maybe I'll try one of them after all...the one designed for pet hair, of course. :thumbs up

pattymac
July 17th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Yup, she helps shear, then cleans it, takes it to the mill and some of it she has them spin and she is learning how to spin (very cool) and has some made into rovings so she can spin it. She's also starting to do some homedying and wants to learn how to weave. And of course, then she's a machine knitter so she can make absolutely gorgeous stuff.

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Sounds like a career! :thumbs up I've always wanted to learn to weave, too.

pattymac
July 17th, 2009, 11:14 PM
that's what she's working towards. She's in the process of getting a website up. hehe oops threadjacking here..although it still is about hair!!!!

rainbow
July 17th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Hmmmm...maybe I'll try one of them after all...the one designed for pet hair, of course. :thumbs up

Go for it .....then we can get a pic of Cerebus & Sally riding around on the Roomba. :D

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Now there's an idea! :laughing: