Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What horrible people!

TacoGrl
July 13th, 2009, 03:49 PM
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-pets-cats-kittens-for-sale-CHUNKY-loves-food-and-will-love-you-too-W0QQAdIdZ141997864

Yes, I did it again...I clicked on one of the ads :sad:

"We have had some recent changes (including a baby and summer camping) along with house renovations to start in a few weeks. We love, love, love Chunky...but he doesn't fit our lifestyle anymore." ...and they continue to babble from there :frustrated:

lUvMyLaB<3
July 13th, 2009, 04:03 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????????? OH MY DOG!

are you kidding me? the LOVE LOVE the cat but because he eats the cat food? ok that goes to the top of the list of stupid a** reasons!

they love the cat.. when he fits into their day and they have nothing else to do.. other than that!

ok ok he was ADOPTED? and they are giving them away on kijiji?? where did they adopt from?? is that allowed??????????????????

creeps

babymomma
July 13th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I emailed.

I said "Hi, PLEASE do not post your beloved cat for free. Some people are looking over sites like these and looking for free animals. They will lie and say they are taking them to a good home and sell them to research facilaties. If you can please ask for a small fee. You adoopted him from the spca, ussually they have a return policy (if you cant keep the cat you have to give it back)..or find a nokill shelter. They do everything in there power to find a great FOREVER home for the animal. Because animals are NOT supposed to be 'disposable')

Smiley14
July 13th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I emailed.

I said "Hi, PLEASE do not post your beloved cat for free. Some people are looking over sites like these and looking for free animals. They will lie and say they are taking them to a good home and sell them to research facilaties. If you can please ask for a small fee. You adoopted him from the spca, ussually they have a return policy (if you cant keep the cat you have to give it back)..or find a nokill shelter. They do everything in there power to find a great FOREVER home for the animal. Because animals are NOT supposed to be 'disposable')

Good idea! That poor kitty. :sad:

Melinda
July 14th, 2009, 04:30 AM
I replied to an ad last week from a lady wanting to give her rotti/lab away because her dream dog (pug) became available, she "loves" her mutt soooooo much but can only have one dog etc etc....I received a very nasty reply back *L*

ancientgirl
July 14th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Wow, I can't imagine being so cold. That's unbelievable to me.

mollywog
July 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM
oh man, those ads realllly get me down, but sometimes I can't help but look. I see a lot of them in my neck of the woods. Sorry to Threadjack, TacoGirl, but..

How many people here reply to those ads? If so, what do you say?

I think I would like to, but I don't think I could be so bold as to use my "real name" (small town). I wonder if it would help anyone, or if it would just make them mad!? :frustrated: :cry: :wall:

It seems like a lose-lose situation for the owners and the poor pets :cry:

mollywog
July 14th, 2009, 07:55 AM
I just actually looked at the ad..... :eek:
what kind of :loser: are they hoping will adopt the cat, by posing it with a hat an a beer can!? :wall: :wall: :wall:

TacoGrl
July 14th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I send "suggestions" :D a lot of the time. There is another one of those "new baby has allergies, so we are throwing away our long time member of the family" posts on there today. :frustrated:

Most of the time I ask if they are serious about giving away a member of their family...kids grow out of allergies and exposure will help them later in life...a pet is a comittment and perhaps they should give their kids away too...etc.

Depends on how I am feeling at the time I send the e-mail and how ridiculous the ad is...sometimes I am nice and informative...sometimes not so much. :evil: :D

BenMax
July 14th, 2009, 11:14 AM
And she has her face there holding the cat...nice! Well looks like I have another dart board!

I always send messages and sometimes I get the thank you's and other times the 'buzz offs'. I feel better to warn people about the hazards and also advise them who to contact for help.