Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

WhooHooooooooo another little milestone!

ancientgirl
July 12th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I had to cut the gangs nails today, (Oksana is still eluding me) and I decided to try to do Czari. She's never allowed me to cut her nails, always growling and hissing if I even hold her paws for too long.

Well, today she let me!!!!! Of course, I had to be quick, and near the end she was starting to growl at me but SHE LET ME! When I was done, I let her go and she stood and stared at me for a few seconds. Then I held out a treat for her and she came to me.:D All was forgiven.

I'm so happy. I hope you aren't all tired of hearing me go on about every little thing she does, but it's just so exciting and wonderful to me. I know they are little things, but to me they are huge!

14+kitties
July 12th, 2009, 10:53 AM
:thumbs up HUGE step for her and you! Great job!!!!! And, it's going to save you some money being able to do it yourself!

ancientgirl
July 12th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Yes, it's going to save me about $18 a month. Sometimes the girl at the front desk doesn't charge me, when there are no other people around, but most of the time there are people so I have to pay.

I'm so proud of her!:cloud9:

ownedbycats
July 13th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Pets.ca is for sharing milestones like these. Congratulations to Czari on getting over her fear. Way To go ancientgirl on taking the time and having the patience to let her get over her fear.

Jim Hall
July 13th, 2009, 10:54 AM
cooll wnaa come up and try DU ?

ancientgirl
July 13th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Jim, I think I'll pass LOL.

TacoGrl
July 13th, 2009, 01:39 PM
:highfive:

What a great milestone! Treats help too...next time will be even easier...maybe no growling. :)

ancientgirl
July 13th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah, she wasn't too crazy about it, but at least she allowed it. Hopefully next time it will be easier.

phoozles
July 13th, 2009, 03:24 PM
That's awesome! DH and I have to wear gloves and have a full game plan when we try and tackle Ethel's nails.. I find giving treats after each paw seems to make it a little easier.. Great job! :thumbs up

Smiley14
July 13th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Wow, that IS a huge milestone!!! YAY! :thumbs up

krdahmer
July 13th, 2009, 05:40 PM
that IS huge!!!:thumbs up:highfive: and awesome.... now can you get Czari over here to talk some sense into Buddy and Asker.... they still fight like clipping their claws is some form of medeval torture!!! :rolleyes::laughing:

luckypenny
July 13th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I know they are little things...

Nope, I'm happy to say you're wrong :D. You've helped Czari come such a long way. Great job!