Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Czari helping me type.

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2009, 06:14 PM
You can't see these too well, but I managed to get a few webcam shots of Czari making herself comfy while I'm trying to type. :laughing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Czarina/WebCam_20090709_1844.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Czarina/WebCam_20090709_1846.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Czarina/WebCam_20090709_1847.jpg

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2009, 06:15 PM
This one's really dark, but she's stretching here.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Czarina/WebCam_20090709_1849.jpg

14+kitties
July 9th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Hmmm yes, I can see she is a BIG help!! Kinda like when Mittens does the same to me. :rolleyes: :cloud9:

diandpat
July 9th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Wow AG that cat hit the jackpot the day she came under your radar. You were soooooo patient with her and now you get to reap the rewards :thumbs up

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2009, 06:20 PM
LOL, she loves putting her paws on the keypad and where the mousepad is. Sometimes I don't know why the heck the mousepad is all messed up, then I look down and see her paw on it. :rolleyes:

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Wow AG that cat hit the jackpot the day she came under your radar. You were soooooo patient with her and now you get to reap the rewards :thumbs up

I am very lucky to have found her. Fate has played such a role in how I found all of my little ones.

Czari amazes me though. She's adjusted so well to living indoors. She has her favorite little sleeping bed, she runs when I call treats, she snuggles in my arms at night in bed, she now uses the other litterboxes and not just her own, AND she even loves jumping in the bathtub when I finish in the shower. And oddly enough, she's not the least bit interested in looking out the window.

14+kitties
July 9th, 2009, 06:26 PM
She has figured out she is HOME! :cloud9:

Winston
July 9th, 2009, 06:36 PM
AG you just brought tears to my eyes! but good ones! Your so lucky to have her made the transition! she doesnt look outside because she knows what she has is good! :D

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2009, 06:38 PM
14+, I think you're right.:D

Winston, there were so many times when I didn't think she's want this, but as more time goes by, I know she's very happy here. That's all I ever wanted, was for her to be happy and feel safe.:cloud9:

Dracko
July 10th, 2009, 12:18 AM
How sweet. I had envisioned her "accepting" being indoors but didn't think she'd be all lovey dovey with you like she has become. :thumbs up

edwina
July 10th, 2009, 01:10 AM
How nice of her to help you. :cloud9:

krdahmer
July 10th, 2009, 06:52 AM
now that is amazing! I still remember how discouraging that first rescue attempt had been.... and now look at the queen of the roost!!! You have done an amazing job with her.... I mean just look at what your love has done! She's now safe and relaxed and healthy and best of all.... HAPPY!!:thumbs up:lovestruck::grouphug::goodvibes: And really there aren't nearly enough furry office helpers in my opinion...:rolleyes::laughing:

chico2
July 10th, 2009, 07:10 AM
AG,she brought tears to my eyes too,Czari was and is,such a lucky girl,love,care and patience worked wonders,she's amazing,as are you:grouphug:

Love4himies
July 10th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Awww, AG, Czarina is doing so wonderful in your home. It warms my heart to see her. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
July 10th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks everyone! Every time I come home and see her waiting for me at the screen I remember when I used to walk downstairs to leave for work, and she was always waiting for me.:lovestruck: I can't imagine my life now without her. She's even starting to initial play with Kiska and Oksana (I don't think the Diva is interested LOL), but I think that's so wonderful. I can't explain it, but there was just this need inside of me to help her. There other cats in my complex, and I feel for them and wish I could help them, but there was something about Czari. Those eyes, and that little face, I just couldn't leave her out there.

I came home the other day and the screen was pushed and open slightly. I froze because I saw her there and she totally had the opportunity to run out, but instead she just sat there and waited for me, then once I shut the door she ran to her scratching post, cooing all the way.

I wish more people would give stray cats a chance.

Magicwildwolf69
July 10th, 2009, 03:04 PM
wow she sure has come a long way. i'm so happy for you AG. I remember reading how hard it was and it took a long time but goes to show time and patience really can work most times.

babymomma
July 10th, 2009, 03:08 PM
What a pretty girly!:cloud9:

Im so glad youve made so much progress with her! She is sooooooooo mucvh better off with a mommy that loves her!

ancientgirl
July 10th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks! A lot of the credit goes to her too.:D

Smiley14
July 10th, 2009, 07:47 PM
WOW, AG, what an amazing testament! :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
July 10th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Smiley, it just goes to show, they are all worth giving a chance to.

onster
July 10th, 2009, 10:08 PM
wow...she has come soooo far!! Let me tell you, my cats that werent ever strays have yet to cuddle with me like that. Youve done such an awesome job AG

hazelrunpack
July 10th, 2009, 10:11 PM
:laughing: My guys like to "help", too, AG... :rolleyes:

I must say Czari looks right at home there in your lap! :D Hard to believe that she's come as far as she has, in so relatively little time. Would you ever have thought it possible after that first attempt to bring her in? I'm so glad you persisted...and I'll bet Czarina is, too! :cat:

TeriM
July 11th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Aww, those pics just warm my heart :cloud9:.

growler~GateKeeper
July 11th, 2009, 02:13 AM
That's a great 2nd pic :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
July 11th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Onster, I've had Vlad and Oksana since they were about 2 months old, and I have had Maks and Kiska since they were around 4 months old, and Czari, who lived outside for 3 years, who may have never even been anyone's cat, is the only one who will sit on my lap and nap, and cuddle and nestle herself in my arms at bedtime. Go figure.

Those first days for us all were dark days. Heck, I was scared to death to even try to pick her up. Now if I need to pick her up for any reason, I just do it, and she's got no problem with it. I was even able to give her liquid meds the last time she was sick, so THAT in itself is major progress.

I'm very happy to not only have been able to give her a home, but to have gone through this experience. I know not all cats are the same. Czari has come a long way and I think that has a lot to do with her personality. Another cat may take longer to get used to being an indoor cat. But I think if there is even the tiniest bit of of interest from the cat, there's a chance.

This has been a very enlightening experience for me. If I ever have to do this again, at least I'll know what mistakes not to make.

Winston
July 11th, 2009, 10:01 AM
This has been a very enlightening experience for me. If I ever have to do this again, at least I'll know what mistakes not to make.

AG after all this you will know ALL THE THINGS YOU DID RIGHT! :thumbs up

Cindy