Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Two Way Bike Riding :)

Smiley14
July 8th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I don't know if this would really be recommended or not, but it worked great! :) I only have two dog bike attachments and three dogs, so I thought I might as well give the coupler a try on the bikes too since it works well for walks. Luckily, it did! :thumbs up

Just a couple pics and a vid of our going slowly up and down the road in front of Mom's house last weekend as a test before we really took off. :)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/4thofJuly10.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/4thofJuly11.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/4thofJuly9.jpg

Smiley14
July 8th, 2009, 08:24 PM
One more. :)
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/4thofJuly12.jpg

And a little vid. :)
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/th_BikeRiding.jpg (http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/?action=view&current=BikeRiding.flv)

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 08:26 PM
That is an awesome workout. Wish I could, but Harley would attack the bike, and trip roxy, LOL

Smiley14
July 8th, 2009, 09:09 PM
That is an awesome workout. Wish I could, but Harley would attack the bike, and trip roxy, LOL

LOL, I didn't know what to expect either, but luckily, they go along with it. :laughing: But it's such an awesome workout for me and the dogs! And I need all the help I can get! :o

Dee-O-Gee
July 8th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I too do this on occassion with Gryphon. We get a nice rhythm going when riding down the bike path. As much as he's a goofy little guy, he stays focused on the gently run and we both enjoy the excercise! :lightbulb:

pbpatti
July 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
They look like they are definately enjoying themselves and it is great exercisse for all of you. Is that your Mom on the 3 wheeler? I think I would feel safer riding one of those.

Smiley14
July 8th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I too do this on occassion with Gryphon. We get a nice rhythm going when riding down the bike path. As much as he's a goofy little guy, he stays focused on the gently run and we both enjoy the excercise! :lightbulb:

That's how it is for my dogs too! They get into a great rhythm and don't weave around or anything. It makes biking fun for me too. I LOVE it! :) The dog attachment I have is called the Walky Dog and keeps the dogs away from the wheel, which is nice and has shock absorbers so they can't really pull me off balance. :thumbs up

Smiley14
July 8th, 2009, 09:53 PM
They look like they are definately enjoying themselves and it is great exercisse for all of you. Is that your Mom on the 3 wheeler? I think I would feel safer riding one of those.

Yes, that's my Mom! She had back surgery several years ago and has part of her spine fused together. She can't ride a regular bike, but just got this special one last summer and can now go biking again! She loves it and her and Dad go out almost every night. I live about three hours south of them, but go up there as much as I can. She takes Petey as he's the best one for walking or biking, although with the attachments the dogs can't really pull or knock you over anyway. :)

mollywog
July 8th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Welcome Back, Smiley!!! :D :D

I was just about to send out a search party!! :laughing:
It just hasn't been the same around here without regular PB&J updates!!!
How ya been!?

pbpatti
July 8th, 2009, 10:21 PM
great exercise for your Mom and less pressure on her back, not like trying to hold yourself up on the 2 wheel style bike.

Chaser
July 8th, 2009, 10:37 PM
That looks like so much fun! I don't trust my two enough to try it.....they''re too big and crazy.

Smiley14
July 8th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Welcome Back, Smiley!!! :D :D

I was just about to send out a search party!! :laughing:
It just hasn't been the same around here without regular PB&J updates!!!
How ya been!?

I know, I'm so sorry! I've been neglecting so much the past few months trying to get our little site up and running. I've been living in front of the sewing machine and computer trying to get samples made, pics taken and edited, and names and descriptions written for everything. It's been taking up all my spare time the past two months. I'm SO happy to have it finally all done! So hopefully I can stay more caught up now! :o PB&J are doing great! Jelly decided it would be fun to eat the pastic top off a water bottle last week so I had to take her in for x-rays to make sure there was no blockage. She was fine, but it was a $250 bill to make sure! :eek: Could have been worse I know, yikes! Other than that, pretty uneventful! :) How is pretty Molly doing? :lovestruck: Did I hear you got a sibling or did I dream that? :laughing:

Smiley14
July 8th, 2009, 10:40 PM
great exercise for your Mom and less pressure on her back, not like trying to hold yourself up on the 2 wheel style bike.

Exactly! :thumbs up

mollywog
July 8th, 2009, 10:45 PM
no sibling- yet! Long story short, we had a little Molly look-alike lined up through a SWOnt rescue but that fell through, then I did a test run with a cute little gal at our local shelter, but Molly wasn't too pleased about that... so now we (mostly me- not so much DH) are toying with the idea of a kitty!!! Other than that Molly is good- we just moved into our first house (yay!) and Molly and I are starting flyball!!

Smiley14
July 8th, 2009, 10:54 PM
no sibling- yet! Long story short, we had a little Molly look-alike lined up through a SWOnt rescue but that fell through, then I did a test run with a cute little gal at our local shelter, but Molly wasn't too pleased about that... so now we (mostly me- not so much DH) are toying with the idea of a kitty!!! Other than that Molly is good- we just moved into our first house (yay!) and Molly and I are starting flyball!!

Oh, I dream of doing flyball someday! That is GREAT! And hopefully there will be a someday sibling that Molly will agree with! :thumbs up :laughing: Congrats on your new house!! Very exciting!!!

TeriM
July 9th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Looks like great fun to me :lovestruck:. The furries are looking wonderful :cloud9:. How is Belle doing with her bionic legs?

hunnybunny
July 9th, 2009, 07:57 AM
What a great way to exrecise the dogs :) they sure look like they are enjoying themselves :lovestruck:

Great pics and vid thanks for sharing x

cell
July 9th, 2009, 08:47 AM
What great exercise! (for you and the dogs) I am trying to get a friend of mine to go biking with her crazy border collie.
How do you like your bike attachment?

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I've seen a couple of people with those and thought it was such a great idea! The girls certainly looked like they were having fun.

Smiley14
July 9th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Looks like great fun to me :lovestruck:. The furries are looking wonderful :cloud9:. How is Belle doing with her bionic legs?

Belle is going great, thanks for asking! So far, the surgery has been very successful! The bad news now is for Jelly's knees as they popped out once and are now a grade one for LP. Grade one doesn't need surgery yet, so we are giving her joint supplementation and hoping it doesn't get any worse. I know LP is prevalent in this breed, but just my luck, both that I adopt have it. :( But keeping her at a good weight and exercise and the supplements will hopefully help Jelly!

Smiley14
July 9th, 2009, 01:20 PM
What great exercise! (for you and the dogs) I am trying to get a friend of mine to go biking with her crazy border collie.
How do you like your bike attachment?

Oh, we love it! The one I have is called the Walky Dog and I definitely recommend it! There was literally no training needed for any of my three. So when they advertise it, it really is true! At least it's been so far with my three! :)