Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Missy :)

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 05:44 PM
As you can tell from these photo's, I have cat that much prefers dogs over cats, LOL

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 05:47 PM
She has had one accident in the house already, she peed on her cat bed :(
She knows where the litter box is, so I am thinking she is definitely making a statement.
Been less than 24 hours here, and she has been everywhere.

diandpat
July 8th, 2009, 05:48 PM
OMG She looks soooooooo small beside tigger :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Love that she and Harley (?) are so curious about each other :cloud9:

Congratulations on the new member...you're catching up to Frenchy ;-)

Chaser
July 8th, 2009, 06:02 PM
What a sweetie! :lovestruck: Dog-loving cats are for sure the best kind! :D

ancientgirl
July 8th, 2009, 06:28 PM
She's gorgeous. I was going to same the same thing about how much smaller she looks next to Tigger. LOL.

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Tigger is almost 20 lbs, looks bigger because of fur, she is max 5lbs.
Tigger is a huge cat, I have never seen one so bi. But let me tell you, she is the queen B around here, lol

dogcatharmony
July 8th, 2009, 06:58 PM
what a sweetie! Love her eyes.

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Here is Missy sporting her new collar, This is proof adult cats are just as great or even better than kittens.....
Oh yes, I have many scratching posts that she does not seem to use, she has tried my new couch, any way of getting her to use them.

CearaQC
July 8th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Awwww :cloud9: Missy is so pretty!

Definitely didn't look too happy being near another kitty. But perhaps it won't take long for them to make friends.

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2009, 07:02 PM
What a little cutie! :lovestruck: She looks like she's going to have no trouble fitting in...in fact, I'll bet she's in charge by the end of the first month...ruling with an iron paw! :D

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Ha ha ha, she already started, she has no problem telling the dogs they are getting too hyper, no claws, but a good bat to the snout and they stop.
I just hope she uses the litter box, saw her go in, but did not use it. She alrady did pee on her cat bed

ancientgirl
July 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Maybe using some of that "Cat Attract" litter will help. There's also a product you sprinkle in their current litter, made by the same people.

Cat attract litter additive (http://www.preciouscat.com/attract-litter-additive-p-7.html)

Smiley14
July 8th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Oh, she is beautiful!!! :lovestruck:

My sister and her husband just adopted a kitty and are having trouble with her peeing on both the dog bed and cat bed as well. If you find any good solutions, let me know! :) For now, they are cleaning up the accidents with Nature's Miracle and are trying Feliway.

edwina
July 8th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Perty kitty, i love calico's :cloud9:

mollywog
July 8th, 2009, 09:52 PM
ooh! She is sooo so cute. :cloud9: Glad to hear she is becoming fast friends with the dogs. I am sure it will happen with Tigger, as soon as they sort themselves out.
Keep us updated- lots of pictures plz! :lovestruck:

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 10:31 PM
I heard her playing around in the litter box :) She has come face to face with tigger on her own free will, no hissing, which for a cat only being here 12 hours is amazing.
Question, is it possible for her to be pregnant again, I believe she stopped nursing about 3 weeks ago or so.
She is so skinny, except middle section. Either way has a vet apt on Friday, but just curious. Could she have gotten pregnant just after kittens are born? She was only brought in to spca on may 22nd, then foster home for 1 month, just over.

TeriM
July 9th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Oh yes, I have many scratching posts that she does not seem to use, she has tried my new couch, any way of getting her to use them.

Try rubbing catnip all over the scratching post. You can also buy a catnip spray that works well. One of my cats likes the carpeted posts with only a certain type of carpet but they both love the cardboard ones like this (which are awesome!) http://www.cosmicpet.com/scratchers.htm I found the cosmic ones are the best, I tried the kong version and the cardboard was really cheap and shredded way to easily. You might need to experiment with different types to see what ones she will like best.

Another suggestion is to temporarily put some double sided tape on the areas likely to be scratched on your couch before she gets into the habit. I actually just used regular packing tape (sticky side on couch, smooth side out) once on our couch and it worked well too :shrug:.

Congrats on your addition, Missy is adorable :lovestruck:.

Love4himies
July 9th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Looks like Missy is fitting in very well and will soon (if not already) self appointing herself as boss of the house :laughing:

chico2
July 9th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Rottielover,just like with Frenchy,I never thought you would have cats and now you have TWO,that's great,little Missy is beautiful:lovestruck:
:pray:she's not preggers again:pray:

BenMax
July 9th, 2009, 07:48 AM
RottieLover - she is absolutely gorgeous! You saved her! :grouphug:

Rottielover
July 9th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Thank you guys, last night she slept on my belly, with Harley on the bed, LOL

Question, is it possible for her to be pregnant again, I believe she stopped nursing about 3 weeks ago or so.
She is so skinny, except middle section. Either way has a vet apt on Friday, but just curious. Could she have gotten pregnant just after kittens are born? She was only brought in to spca on may 22nd, then foster home for 1 month, just over.

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I'm no expert on cat pregnancy, but I think I read somewhere that they can get pregnant very soon after having babies.

kandy
July 9th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Very pretty kitty! Congrats on the new addition.

Had to laugh at the pix of Missy and Tigger - definitely not a lot of love there yet. LOL

Frenchy
July 9th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Congratulations on the new member...you're catching up to Frenchy ;-)

Rottielover,just like with Frenchy,I never thought you would have cats

:laughing:

Missy is too cute , my first cat ever was a calico and I named her ... Missy !! :cat: she was a total bi*** but I loved her :lovestruck:

Rottielover
July 10th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Ok, so the verdict is out, she was definitely meant for me, even my vet said so.
As soon as she got out of her carrier, she jumped unto the vet table, walked around as if owning the place, we just could not help but laugh. All my animals love my vet.
She is approx 3 - 5 years of age, 7 lbs, can stand to gain another 1 or 2. She already looks much better since getting here 2 days ago, put on weight.
Her teeth are pretty bad, but not as bad as the SPCA had said. In a month when she goes for her spay, I will have her teeth cleaned at the same time.
In the mean time, she has a tooth brush, and surprising she does not mind at all.
We are starting to think that this cat was a throw away before being found and brought to the spca, she really loves people and dogs. Not so much Tigger, LOL
She is going into be vaccinated again before the spay, then she is up to date on all.

ancientgirl
July 10th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Sounds like good news all around, except for the teeth of course.

If she was a throw away, someone else's loss is your gain. :D

Magicwildwolf69
July 10th, 2009, 02:59 PM
i love her i love her i love her i love calico's i was looking for one when i fell for stormy. wouldn't trade her for anything well expect well maybe a calico (kidding) congrats on your newest addition! hope she continues to do so well but hope she uses the litter box for you.

Rottielover
July 10th, 2009, 03:11 PM
she has been using the litterbox without any issues, she only peed once, I think it might have been to mark, just like roxy did when she first got here.

Only 1 issue I have Tigger eats like a dog, 5 mins it is all gone, while she pecks at it. I give her some in the morning, but have no choice but to take it away or I will have a very fat Tigger, and she will not get any food.
Can cats be trained like dogs to eat when it is put down?

14+kitties
July 10th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I love that first pic where she is stretched out. :cloud9: What a sweetie. Sorry I didn't see the thread before now. I am assuming the vet has assured you she isn't pregnant? Has she been dewormed? Worms could account for a big belly too. It is possible she is pregnant. Cats can give birth one day, get pregnant within a few days after. If there is an intact male around they can force their body into estrus.
She is a sweetie. You are very lucky to have found each other. :thumbs up

chico2
July 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Rottielover,I think they all have different eating-habits,while my Vinnie gulps the food down,Chico is a nibbler,eats a little then expects to find the food still there when he decides he wants more:confused:
Well,I've learned to put his food away for later,if I don't Vinnie will soon be 20lb's:yell:

Rottielover
July 10th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Tigger is 20 lbs normal weight, so if he ate all hers, I see him getting to 30 lbs easily. I am just worried because she needs to eat more to put on weight.
Right now she is in the living room on the couch all sprawled up loving the life.

Rottielover
July 17th, 2009, 07:48 PM
As I write this I am in tears.
On a positive note, Tigger while he was here with Missy, the very short while has taught her a few things.
Missy is a very confident cat around the dogs, and is so affectionate and laid back, almost a female version of my baby.
Unfortunately she is in heat :( never had an animal in heat before, her meowing is driving me nuts. Her second vaccines are due on the 27th, 10 days later her spay, Thank god :).
The new addition has also been sleeping with Kayla every night :)

sasha101
July 17th, 2009, 11:35 PM
:laughing: one of those pics definitely says' get out of my face dude!" I love tortoiseshells :D

TeriM
July 18th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Seems like an angel sent Missy to you and Kaila to help heal your hearts :angel:.

:grouphug: :grouphug:

rainbow
July 18th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Missy is a beautiful girl :lovestruck: .....I hope she helps to heal your hearts. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
July 18th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Rottilover,why the tears??
Because Missy is in heat:confused::confused:
I've never had a cat in heat,but have heard them around here and it is an awful sound:yell:
Did something happen to beautiful Tigger?? I better check around:sad:

Rottielover
July 18th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Chico Tigger was put to sleep on july 16th :(.

chico2
July 18th, 2009, 08:16 AM
OMG,I did not know:cry:so sorry RL He looked like such a healthy beautiful boy..