Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nino is finally home!!

pattymac
July 7th, 2009, 06:23 PM
So, lots of thanks to RG-girl for waiting for me to be able to come and get him. He's an awesome kitty..even though Bobee doesn't think so right now!! After all he was in Bobee's crate!! So I will keep everyone posted on how everyone is getting along. Bayley seems to be the most excited about his arrival! I'll have to make sure she doesn't think he's lunch!! Or a new squeak toy!! Anyway gotta go, Montreal - Kingston and back in one day, I'm not used to that anymore!!

You also discover that you must be a cat person when you can drive through Montreal rush hour/construction and then spend another 2.5 hours carrying on a conversation with a meowing cat and not lose your mind!!

mollywog
July 7th, 2009, 06:37 PM
PattyMac, is this the pregnant, snaggletoothed cat??? Or another kitty?
WTG either way! :thumbs up you are an :angel2: :D

Love4himies
July 7th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Congrats on your new kitty. you know you will be pressured for pics, right :D

pattymac
July 7th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Nino is the silver tabby Maine Coon. I did meet Snaggletooth, what a sweet little kitty, I hope everything goes well for her too.

mollywog
July 7th, 2009, 10:16 PM
ohhh! I remember Nino!! :cloud9:
pictures plz?? :o

rg_girlca
July 7th, 2009, 10:21 PM
PattyMac, is this the pregnant, snaggletoothed cat??? Or another kitty?
WTG either way! :thumbs up you are an :angel2: :D

This is another rescue kitty of mine mollywog. You can read about him here and see his pictures.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=62961

Patty is was sooooo nice to meet you. For those who don't know or never met Patty, she is one wonderful, pleasant woman and definitely a cat person. Nino took to her almost immediately. When she was sitting on the bed, he was just a rubbin all over her and practically doing flip-flops. She must have smelt real good to him. LOL!!!! I know that Nino is in good hands and will be loved as much as I loved him. My hats off to you girl for making such a trip here and then back with Nino crying all the way. I was so hoping that he would get tired at least after an hour. Enjoy your new handsome boy as much as I did, while he was in my care.

hazelrunpack
July 7th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Congrats on your new addition, pattymac! :highfive: We definitely need some pics. :D

TeriM
July 7th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Congrats, I hope the settling it goes well :goodvibes:.

and of course we need pics :rolleyes:.

Tundra_Queen
July 8th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Oh Pattmac I'm so jealous! Nino is such a beautiful cat!! You're a real angel for taking him. I hope he adjusts quickly to the new digs. :)

Debbie

pattymac
July 8th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Well he ate a good portion of his crunchies and used the litter box. He's still a bit grumbley. I'm going to get a 2 baby gates to put across the door to the porch so he can start seeing everybody and to keep them apart for a while longer. I'm going to get some of that Feliway today and set that up in the house. Bobee's the only one with claws so I gotta trim them today. Although Nino's got a good thick coat and Bobee's usually just noise and a quick swat, we don't need any injuries!!

14+kitties
July 8th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Congrats on the newest addition. He may be an older kitty but man, he is one handsome dude!! Thanks for :cloud9: him.

ancientgirl
July 8th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Congratulations! I remember Nino's story. What a handsome boy he is. You are very lucky to have him.

pattymac
July 8th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Actually he's the youngest, he's 5 so lots of years ahead of him!! Got some lovies and head butts from him this afternoon. Jeez though those head butts...just about knock you over!

Tundra_Queen
July 8th, 2009, 02:08 PM
:laughing: Maybe u need to start wearing a helmet! :laughing::laughing:

Frenchy
July 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Congratulations !!!!!! :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
July 8th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I remember Nino's story--Contratulations Pattymac! He is absolutely georgous and can't wait to see some updated pictures! :thumbs up

pattymac
July 9th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Survived another night :) This morning I left the porch door open for a little bit while Bayley was outside. Coco had a good look at Nino and of course, Bobee had to growl and hiss. I think he's a bit intimidated by Nino..why did I bring that mountain lion in!!?? Nino meowed a few times but didn't growl or hiss. My plan for next week is, while I have Bayley out for a run, to leave the porch door open and let him make his own moves. I can put Bobee & Coco out on the back porch so he can explore the house and check things out. They can also peek at each other through that door. My mom will supervise and if they can a little snarky with each other...she's got that 'hiss' down to a science and Bobee knows she means business when Grandma hisses!!