Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

R.I.P Barney

dogcatharmony
July 7th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I just found out the a dear ol' friend Barney has past away. He was 20 years old, supposedly the neighbourhood bully tom cat. He managed to out do the odds being an outside cat in a busy neighoubourhood for all those years.

I would like to thank Barney for showing my dog that not all cats are mean. Everytime he heard Zoe's tags jingle he would come running down the sidewalk to give kisses to Zoe, and get mega belly rubs from me. They would squirrel hunt in the fall, on warm winter days they would exchange greetings, spring and summer I had to shoo him back home because he would try to follow us on our walks.

All the neighbourhood children use to stop and give him lovings. Even this last year, he would come strolling out if he could manage to pin point you with his hard of hearing ears. Of course, Zoe's tags were a give away, and we always managed to say hello.

Goodbye dear friend, you will be sadly missed. Zoe still stops and sits in your driveway waiting for you. She doesn't understand were you went. Hopefully you will meet again one day, and chase squirrels across the rainbow bridge. Run free Barney.......may we meet again one day.

mollywog
July 7th, 2009, 04:44 PM
aww Barney, you lived a long and exciting life I am sure. :rip: handsome fellow

What a great story, how he was friends with Zoe. That 2nd picture is sooo sweet :cloud9: sorry to hear about his passing DCH. :grouphug:

dogcatharmony
July 7th, 2009, 04:51 PM
It was so funny when I moved into this house, people warned me to watch for Barney. We had cars stop on the street to watch, expecting a fight or something (:wall:people), and then they would see Barney bump up and kiss Zoe right on the nose. Even people walking would say "watch out for that cat".....and Zoe would sqiggle over on her belly and they would snuggle.

Can't imagine the life he had, he was one super cool kitty.

Love4himies
July 7th, 2009, 06:07 PM
So sorry to hear about Barney, he sounds like my kind of cat and looks adorable.

:rip: Barney :candle:

edwina
July 8th, 2009, 01:48 AM
:rip: Barney :cry:

BenMax
July 8th, 2009, 07:45 AM
RIP dear Barney and thank you for being a cat ambassador!

Bless you little one.:rip:

ancientgirl
July 8th, 2009, 07:50 AM
He must really have been special to have beaten the odds the way he did and have lived for so long.

RIP boy.:angel2::rip: