Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Severe Frustration

Iggette
August 14th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Has anyone got a funky mouse that does tricks that they can share info on?

My mouse does not want to co-operate it wants to have a mind of it's own and is pissing me off to no end I'm gonna replace it as it has become a real pain in the a**. (My computer mouse of course :D )

Has anyone tried those laser mouses I was thinking about them but thought it might end up like the remote for the TV that I can never find. :eek:

ozactie_squrix
August 14th, 2004, 09:35 AM
I have a cordless, optical mouse.. it's pretty.. it matches my room. :) Usually it doesn't get lost.. but it sometimes gets buried!! It also flashes red when the battery is low and it alerts the computer. Very hi-tech. :cool:

Cflat
August 14th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Hey OZ! Nice to see you here. Great minds think alike (as well as those who can quickly read where a new board is)!

Your mouse issue - If it is a regular mouse, unscrew the bottom, take out the ball and you will see two black rollers about 1 inch wide and a white skinny wheel. Clean the gunk off all of these with a plastic knife or your fingernail. Your mouse will roll much smoother.

ozactie_squrix
August 14th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Hey Cflat!! :D Quick is the key... heh heh... ;)

glasslass
August 14th, 2004, 11:45 AM
:eek: Oh yuck!!!! Dirty balls!!! :mad: :mad: :D This board is going to the dogs! :D

I have a Logitech cordless mouse, as well as a cordless keyboard. My husband has the same set-up on his computer, which is in the same room. When we're both on the computers at the same time, his mouse will cause all kinds of problems with mine. He'll switch to a cord mouse now when we both are in here together.

Cinnabear
August 14th, 2004, 01:20 PM
:D Iggette. Yep that laser mouse would be lost here. Sometimes those mouse's are a pain in the arse.

Luba
August 14th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Take the round thing off that holds the ball in there, clean the ball BUT also clean the rollers inside as well :D

chico2
August 15th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Yes,Iggette,I was going to say the same,it's amazing how cathair gets into the stranges places.I clean mine once a week,a q-tip and some alcohol works great.
I actually thought you were training a mouse to do tricks :D