Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Soon to be new kitty

Rottielover
July 7th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Hey there,

well my daughter and I went to the SPCA today, the first cat I saw, said I lve dogs on it. I went and asked what her story was. This poor little thing was in a foster home with 2 large dogs raising her litter of kittens. Unknown age as she was brought in as a stray. She was the sweetest little thing, but oh so skinny.
Her nipples were still so hard, most likely just finished nursing.
I have never felt such a skinny cat.
She was loving, and first thing she did was run up to kayla and started purring.
I spoke to someone there and asked if she can be checked by the vet because I was worried about the nipple thing.
If all is alright, she will be going in for her spay and coming home.
I have the spare room all set up, just bought a huge scratching post.

Well here she is Missy

TwinTails
July 7th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Oh she is lovely! :lovestruck: :cloud9: I love Calicos and Torties, so so so pretty :angel: Congrats!! :highfive:

TacoGrl
July 7th, 2009, 12:40 AM
What a sweet girl :lovestruck:

My Messina's nips were quite hard when she first came home...took a couple of weeks for them to go down. The skinny thing is probably just cuz she had babes she had to feed and maybe didn't have the strength to feed herself :shrug: I know my Messina was skinny when they found her carrying her babes and now she is a little butter ball :D

mollywog
July 7th, 2009, 07:08 AM
awww she's adorable!!! I am jealous!! I hope she checks out at the vet ok, that's cute that she :lovestruck:s dogs!

ancientgirl
July 7th, 2009, 08:26 AM
She's just lovely! I hope everything checks out okay for her. I can't wait for pictures of her in her new home!:D

Rottielover
July 7th, 2009, 09:21 AM
She is so friendly and so scared at the same time, ok not scared, unsure of the place. I call today around 2, then arrange her spay, then pick her up. Kayla is so excited too.

Love4himies
July 7th, 2009, 09:27 AM
What a beauty :cloud9: :lovestruck:. They say that kitties should always pick thier owners :thumbs up :cloud9: :lovestruck:

I am jealous!!

Ummm but aren't you getting 4 siblings kittens and Frenchy's foster? :confused: :laughing:

mollywog
July 7th, 2009, 09:43 AM
What a beauty :cloud9: :lovestruck:. They say that kitties should always pick thier owners :thumbs up :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Ummm but aren't you getting 4 siblings kittens and Frenchy's foster? :confused: :laughing:

oh no! :eek: I'm becoming a hoarder! (in my own mind... ) :rolleyes: :laughing:

Rottielover
July 7th, 2009, 09:46 AM
She really is a sweetie, it was fate because the first cage I saw that was not a kitten was Missy, in big letter said I love dogs, which is a must for Harley.
I am just really worried for her, it is not her nipples that are swollen, it is around them that is huge and hard. The belly is not loose like I have seen with others.
I do not have an age for her, except she is an adult cat, she has plaque on her teeth due to poor nutrition. Originally she was a stray :( so who knows the age.
All I know is I hope their vet actually does check her well.

ownedbycats
July 7th, 2009, 09:48 AM
My cat's nipples were fairly hard while she was nursing, and she too stayed very skinny while nursing. Afterward she put on so much weight so fast she is now too fat :wall: I'm sure your lovely lady will check out just fine at the vets and be home soon. So exciting for your family.

Chris21711
July 7th, 2009, 12:50 PM
She is beautiful Rottielover, Kayla is going to be over the moon with her :cloud9:

Jim Hall
July 7th, 2009, 02:59 PM
oh my she could be du's sister!!!

Melinda
July 7th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Ilove calico's!

edwina
July 7th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Pretty kitty. :cloud9:

BenMax
July 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
So that is what you were doing there last night...:laughing:

(notice I never went into the adoption rooms - I can't do it for this reason.)

Rottielover
July 7th, 2009, 03:54 PM
She is officially mine:cloud9:
I went, paid, filled out forms. Poor thing has to stay there until tomorrow evening. She will be spayed tomorrow.
The vet saw her, she is still lactating a bit :(, but the mammaries should go down within the next month.
will be keeping the name Missy, and yes Kayla is so excited

Rottielover
July 7th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Tomorrow, Oh ya, had her out for a bit, and she likes being held for a little bit, then wanted to see the great outdoors, LOL

BenMax
July 7th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Congrats Girl! So happy for everyone! Your new baby is adorable btw.:cloud9:

Love4himies
July 7th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Congratulations, rottielover, can't wait to see more pics of her.

:goodvibes: for her spay tomorrow.

dogcatharmony
July 7th, 2009, 06:57 PM
:flirt:oh she is beautiful!!!

Congratulaions!!!!!!

Rottielover
July 7th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I am a little worried about the spay because she still seems to be filled with milk, which I know is more difficult of a surgery and recovery.
:fingerscr she will pull through with flying colors.
I went crazy on the scratching posts. In her file, foster mom wrote that she loves to scratch furniture :( new couch yikes.
I will have her in the spare room for a couple ays with visits from Kayla and I, then allow tigger to go in, then when she is feeling better, then let her meet the dogs.
Kayla even chose a new collar for her. We are keeping the name Missy :)

Thanks guys...

dogcatharmony
July 7th, 2009, 07:04 PM
:fingerscr for her spay, and hugs to you while she is gone. It's no fun worrying but she will be in good hands.

hazelrunpack
July 7th, 2009, 10:49 PM
She's a gorgeous, very lucky girl, RL! :goodvibes: for a smooth surgery and quick recovery!

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Hey guys, off to pick up missy now, they called and said not risking doing the spay. I was right, too much of a chance because she is still lactating.
I am going back in 1 month to have her spayed.

Sylvie
July 8th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

Missy is beautiful :lovestruck: If I could get a kitty it would be Calico or tabby. I love them both.

Can't wait to see pictures of her in her new home. :D

bendyfoot
July 8th, 2009, 10:31 AM
pics asap please!!!:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
July 8th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Hey guys, off to pick up missy now, they called and said not risking doing the spay. I was right, too much of a chance because she is still lactating.
I am going back in 1 month to have her spayed.

Thankfully that's the reason she felt hard and she will soon be back to normal.

Now for the pictures!!!!

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 12:39 PM
OMG this cat is amazing. I put her in the spare room, she ran out and greeted the dogs, she is unsure of tigger, hissing and such, but looks like she will not be needing the spare room. She ate a full cup of food as soon as she got here, poor thing.
Right now she is sleeping under the couch, so I will for sure have some pics for tonight.

ancientgirl
July 8th, 2009, 12:47 PM
That's great. Maybe her former home had dogs?

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 12:49 PM
She was a stray, but the foster home that had her when she was sick, and had the kittens specified that she loved her dogs. Foster had 2 of them. I am guessing she is about 5 or 6, she has a lot of tartar. I have a vet apt with my vet on friday :)

babymomma
July 8th, 2009, 12:55 PM
scuse me, Where da new pics at?! hahaha.. (We need new doggeh pics too):thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
July 8th, 2009, 01:09 PM
She is so adorable! thank u for rescuing her!!

Debbie

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Ok..ok without further hesitation here is Missy. Not great pics :(

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 01:11 PM
A couple more, and one of tigger trying to show her how to play

By the way what should I expect for the next month? I have never had an unaltered animal.
She just finished nursing a week ago, and still full of milk.

dogcatharmony
July 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Oh she is just gorgeous!!!!!:cloud9:

Don't you just love it when they introduced themselves and everything goes right?? Cats that love dogs must be special kitties.....:cat:

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 02:13 PM
She loves the dogs, it is tigger she hates right now, every time he walks by a huge hiss, but no swatting, so that is a good sign.
She is still under the couch, but has come out for water, so will not be long.
I could not say no to her when I walked by. An adult cat with major tartar does not stand much of a chance unfortunetly, so when it said loves dogs, I knew was fate.
No more kittens for this girl, just waiting on when it can be done, and the teeth cleaning at the same time. Ouch, they gave me the estimate:2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents:

babymomma
July 8th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I dont think you should expect anything out of the ordinary. Ive been around unaltered dogs/cats all my life and they are pretty much the same as altered animals (females anyways) unless they are in heat. :shrug:

Rottielover
July 8th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Tonight you will be getting the cutest pictures of Missy playing with Harley gently with her paw. Was so cute, she started rolling around on her back. It really is fate she is here

bendyfoot
July 8th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Molly and Solly did some hissies for maybe a week after Mol joined our pack, but no one swatted either. It sounds like things are going really, really well. What a cutie!!!:lovestruck:

TeriM
July 8th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Congrats! She is adorable :lovestruck:.