Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

am i really neutered?!

rexdoggieowner
August 14th, 2004, 12:02 AM
" GIMMIE THEM BACK MOMMY"

rexy is just too cute with this " lamp shade" on.
I think I might have to sleep on the floor with him tonight because he can't go up the stairs to my room :(

its going to be a looooong night... but just wanted to let you know he is doing good-- not really drinking a lot of water-- but the vet said its normal ?!

poor boy :(

rexdoggieowner
August 14th, 2004, 12:05 AM
oh yeah... the girl at the vets office said he is mixed with German Shepard... do you agree ?

Luba
August 14th, 2004, 12:09 AM
I don't see much GSD

You can take that stupid E collar off though if he's not biting on himself. Keep an eye on him. He is very very beautiful :D Would be a good boyfriend for my Sadie :D

rexdoggieowner
August 14th, 2004, 12:11 AM
hahaha.. sandie is bbbbbeautiful!! i just love her.... when rex is done his obedience class... we should make a play date for them-- and any other doggies on there :)

you don't think so.. HMMM... what on earth could he be mixed with..

glasslass
August 14th, 2004, 12:39 AM
That 1st pix is so expressive! He's a real cutie! But you treat our Sadie with respect! We're all looking out for her! :D

Cactus Flower
August 14th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Ohhh he looks so sad it broke my heart!!! Poor baby! I don't understand why some vets put that collar on and some don't. What a horrible contraption. I suppose many are just being cautious, but if the dog is leaving the wound alone......well it's up to you. I personally would crumble beneath that mournful pout LOL.

The little girl in the picture is absolutely stunning, by the way.

chico2
August 14th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Oh,what a sad face,he lost his thingys :( I too would take the collar off,it just makes him more miserable.My cats never had a collar and I nevr had a problem,but maybe dogs are more lickers than cats :D
The little girl is beautiful..

rexdoggieowner
August 14th, 2004, 12:04 PM
thank ya everyone! yeah, i only keep the collar on at night... just because i don't see what he does!!

he is eating fine an playing like normal..

the little girl in the picture is my goddaughter... which is also my niece. :)

goldenblaze
August 14th, 2004, 01:01 PM
What a sad face.... Blaze was neutered on Tesday but didn't not need a lamp shape ;) He has not bothered with it at all
next day he was back to normal.. won't take long.

wAggie
August 14th, 2004, 04:25 PM
ya, when chocolate was neutered, he didn't have it either... come to think of it, i couldn't tell if he actually HAD been neutered. his personality/behaviour hadn't changed AT ALL. :rolleyes: (he was still wayyyyy too hyper for his age ;) )

i don't see why he'd be bothered to stiff back there, didn't he get a soucher?

rexdoggieowner
August 14th, 2004, 10:13 PM
i have to keep it on him... every time i look over at him... he is licking himself!!

but when i put the collar on him.. he is soo sad and just lays down and doesn't want to move!!

wAggie
August 14th, 2004, 10:16 PM
just like Honey when she gets her muzzle :(

Enjolras
August 19th, 2004, 02:27 AM
when i spayed my pup, she didn't even know it...

was jumping and playing right away...i had to seperate her from my girlfriends dogs and cats.

after a day or so, she realized what happened...and pooped all over the place to let me know she was mad at me...

she is too smart for my own good! ;)

krdahmer
August 19th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Awwwww...that sad face and the satellite dish! What a cutie! Hope everything heals up hunky dory and soon!!!

TalonsMa
August 19th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Poor little guy, he looks so forlorn!! :D Kisses for him! :D