Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet/house sitter needed

Bearsmom
July 6th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Hey guys: We're looking for a pet/house sitter for the weekend of August 8th. We'd require someone to come and live in our house for Friday through to Sunday, and must LOVE giant breed dogs.

If anyone knows of anyone who is responsible and would like to make some cash, please PM me. Full use of house and pool provided. I just need some leads as we're going camping and it would be far less stressful to have someone come in and live in our home than to farm the dogs out for the second weekend straight.
I've looked locally, but most businesses won't have someone stay over.

mollywog
July 6th, 2009, 12:28 PM
sorry, I live a long way from Orangeville otherwise I would be interested... house with a pool, sounds like a good deal!:thumbs up
Good luck, did you try posting an ad on Kijiji? Just be very careful who you choose of course!

Bearsmom
July 6th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Hee, thanks mollywog. I'm leery of kijiji as I don't want just anyone coming into our home, and most of the local businesses won't do overnights, so I thought I'd fire it out there if anyone had anyone they knew.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that we live in Orangeville.

Chris21711
July 6th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Bearsmom, a friend of my daughter's does in home pet sitting, I will check with her to see if she would be available and interested.

I know that last year she lived at a neighbours house for two weeks taking care of her St. Bernards'......I'll check it out for you today.

Bearsmom
July 6th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks, Chris, that'd be great.

Frenchy
July 6th, 2009, 10:22 PM
omg omg omg ..... why do I live in Quebec ? but then I would have to find a dogsitter for my guys .... well , just for while I get bear and molly in car and speed away back to quebec .....

:cloud9:

mastifflover
July 7th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Pm me if you get desperate I am in Toronto but I have a car so I may be able to help you out I just could not stay overnight. Since Clark does not play well with others. Plus I am a sucker for the big kids

Bearsmom
July 8th, 2009, 09:11 AM
omg omg omg ..... why do I live in Quebec ? but then I would have to find a dogsitter for my guys .... well , just for while I get bear and molly in car and speed away back to quebec .....

:cloud9:

Ms. Frenchy, I would KNOW if they went missing (but it doesn't mean you can't come visit) :)

Bearsmom
July 8th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Pm me if you get desperate I am in Toronto but I have a car so I may be able to help you out I just could not stay overnight. Since Clark does not play well with others. Plus I am a sucker for the big kids

Aw, thanks, mastifflover, that's very sweet. Our guys don't necessarily love other dogs (particularly the small breeds) either.