Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rotten rackin trackin frackin neighbours!!!

rg_girlca
July 4th, 2009, 10:59 AM
My neighbour brought me a cat last Thursday and this is the story;

This poor cat is so skinny, it isn't funny. Apparently she lived on the next street over from us belonging to an elderly lady who was taken away by ambulance about 2 weeks ago. There was another cat and this one that was left in the house with NO FOOD! I don't know what happened to the elderly woman, if she died or was placed in a home, but the nephew came and was throwing out her furniture on the sidewalk outside of the house on Thursday. Another neighbour, for some reason, got this female cat and put her in a duffel bag and dropped her off at the corner of the lane way. He told MY neighbour about it and said that after an hour the cat is still there. He was hoping that someone would pick her up. B&^*@$D. So my neighbour went and got the cat and brought her to me. I gave her a little bit of kitten food and she just gobbled it down. I've been feeding her every 3 hours and so far she seems to be doing okay, for now. My main concern was her organs shutting down. She's been peeing and pooping in her litter box. Now, here is my dilemma, I'm on vacation this week. Pattymac is suppose to come on Tuesday to get Nino and I have plans to go away to the country for a few days on Wednesday. My son works 2 jobs so he wouldn't be able to take care of her properly.
I think she might be a Himalayan or Persian, not sure, but I will attach a few pictures of her. She's a tiny girl of about 4-5 lbs. I had her in a crate at first, but now she has free roam of the room. You will see in the picture that she has, what I call a snaggletooth. She is scared right now, but you can pick her up and pet her without a fuss from her. You can't see her eyes that well in the picture, but they are a pretty pale blue. I give her maybe 5-6 years old, but she could be older. Apparently the other cat that was with her, ran out of the house and the guy couldn't catch it. What I don't understand is that people KNEW this woman had cats and yet no one thought to go into the house and feed them. :frustrated:
I'm going to do a search for any Himalayan/Persian rescues site, but if anyone can help me look into placing her somewhere else, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

You can't tell by the pictures, but believe me when I say, that she is just skin and bones.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures499.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures502.jpg

mollywog
July 4th, 2009, 11:33 AM
aww poor thing, that story is just heartbreaking. :cry:
Thank you for taking her in, I hope she finds her way to a deserving home very soon!
oh, and the "snaggletooth" is cute and adds character!

ancientgirl
July 4th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Unbelievable! Thank goodness you were at least able to take her in and feed her. I hope you can find a home for this girl.

Shaykeija
July 4th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Sorry but the guy who did this to the cats deserves this....

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/djgain/stickll7.gif

Hope you can find the other one.. Poor babies

kiara
July 4th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Not surpsised at all this is happening in Quebec, where many people don't care about animals. She surely is gorgeous. You could call Verdun refuge for cats, Animal rescue network or Steri-animal. The timing is bad, as all rescues are full, after July 1 moving day. The Westmout cat lady (who helped pure-breeds) has retired sometime ago. Maybe someone who knows this breed would want to adopt her.

t.pettet
July 4th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Could you pm me your phone #, I know of a wonderful kitty rescue just outside of Carleton Place who am sure would take her in.

rg_girlca
July 5th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Thank you for your replies. I know the timing is bad and this couldn't have come at a worse time for me, but I just couldn't turn my back on this precious girl with the condition she is in.
Apparently my neighbour told me yesterday, that the neighbour that was helping the nephew throw out the furniture, asked him what he was going to do with the cats. The nephew replied, "Just throw them out with the furniture." Shaykeija, I would love to do that to the nephew and then put him in a bag at the corner of the lane way, with NO AIR HOLES!!!!!!
My neighbours have been looking out for the other cat, but so far, no luck. I pray that maybe, just maybe, some kind hearted person took the cat in.

Kiara, I have sent e-mails to all those places and yes, I know the Westmount Cat Lady is retired now. She has helped me in the past with my rescues and I even adopted one of her rescues in 1991. The best cat I've ever had.

So far, this little girl is doing okay. Eating and drinking well. Using her litter box and coming out from under the couch for petties. She even started to play a little bit with a shoelace that I was dragging on the floor.
Fingers and paws crossed that this is a good sign that she will pull through. I know how quickly they can take a turn for the worse.
I'm thinking of bringing her to the vet on Monday, for a checkup.

edwina
July 5th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Poor thing. :cry: That guy is a real :loser: :mad:

Tundra_Queen
July 6th, 2009, 04:50 AM
I just don't understand how people could do that to any creature, never mind a loved pet! i am so glad that stupid guy told your neighbour what he did. And bless u for taking in this sweet girl. It just breaks my heart.

:offtopic: Someone put a cat in a garbage bag and in a garbage can on garbage day during the winter up here when it was -40C! Luckily the garbage man found him before he died. The poor guy's pads were frostbite along with his ears. I wanted to adopt him, but he doesn't get along with other cats. *sigh* I just don't understand the human race.

Debbie

Debbie

Love4himies
July 6th, 2009, 06:49 AM
:evil::loser: What are people thinking. I can't believe we are the animals that are suppose to have empathy :sad:.

BenMax
July 6th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I just got your e-mail this morning. I also see that this cat has been cross posted within rescue. If no one can help, let me know.

Thanks.

BenMax
July 6th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Also - I sent you a link and contact name for a purebred cat rescue. Please let me know if she can help.

rg_girlca
July 6th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I brought this girl to the vet today for a check up and there is good news and bad news.

Good news. She is between the ages of 6-7 years old, is 5 lbs., has no temperature and the vet said that she seems healthy apart from being too skinny. I'm to continue giving her the kitten food and I got some Nutri-Cal to help boost her system.

Bad news. She is 4-5 weeks pregnant. Because of her condition right now, he said it wouldn't be safe for her to go under and abort her babies or have her spayed. Plus he can't give her a vaccination because of being pregnant.

So I decided not to go away and I will keep her here and see her through this.
Once her babies are weaned and I have her spayed and vaccinated, then I will look into finding a new home for her and her babies.

I want to thank everyone for their concern and help.

mollywog
July 6th, 2009, 07:56 PM
:eek:
I :pray: that she is healthy enough to survive the pregnancy. You are an absolute :angel: for sticking with her through this.
We expect regular updates, and are you going to give the little sweetie a name? What about Snag? :laughing:

edwina
July 6th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Thank you for taking him in. :cloud9: Wasnt there a cartoon cat named snaggletooth ? Sounds like a good name. :D

rg_girlca
July 6th, 2009, 09:02 PM
:eek:
I :pray: that she is healthy enough to survive the pregnancy.

You and me both mollywog, but the vet seems to think she will be okay by the time she's ready to give birth near the end of July, beginning of August.

For now I've nicknamed her Snagglepuss.:D

krdahmer
July 7th, 2009, 01:55 PM
:sad::frustrated: :lovestruck::grouphug: :pray::goodvibes:

Melinda
July 7th, 2009, 02:12 PM
oh the poor poor thing...

t.pettet
July 7th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Snagglepuss lucked in to find her guardian angel in you.