Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Big Dogs (for Matt&Murph) - photo heavy

mollywog
July 4th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I received these pics as an email attachment and had to share. I have a feeling some may be photoshopped (ahem... the horse picture....:frustrated:) but some are pretty cool. Immediately made me think of Matt&Murph!
TBC...

mollywog
July 4th, 2009, 10:27 AM
a few more!
TBC....

mollywog
July 4th, 2009, 10:28 AM
and more...
TBC...

mollywog
July 4th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Last 2 (isn't that horse pic ridiculous!?)
Oh, and the B&W Great Dane pictured below is the World's Tallest Dog. His name is Gibson, I saw him on Animal Planet. Here is a link (http://gibsondog.com/) to his webpage.

ancientgirl
July 4th, 2009, 10:32 AM
OY! Yeah, some of these have to be photoshopped.:eek:

Chaser
July 4th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I've seen that Dane on TV before too. Definately agree some must be photoshopped, but I'm not surprised to see so many Irish Wolfhounds in there - LOVE them! :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
July 4th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Yes, I think the Dane is in the Guiness book of records as the largest Dog or largest Dane. The first one of the Irish Wolfhounds looks real and the one with the guy and the dog standing. The others are suspect for me though.

mollywog
July 4th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I've seen that Dane on TV before too. Definately agree some must be photoshopped, but I'm not surprised to see so many Irish Wolfhounds in there - LOVE them! :lovestruck:
Irish Wolfhounds are pretty neat, our neighbours have 2, but unfortunately they do not take proper care of them, they just leave them outside pretty much all the time, and let's just say they are very "vocal" dogs! :frustrated: at all hours of the night and day! Since we've moved in, they have been visited by animal services twice!!

mollywog
July 4th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Yes, I think the Dane is in the Guiness book of records as the largest Dog or largest Dane. The first one of the Irish Wolfhounds looks real and the one with the guy and the dog standing. The others are suspect for me though.

I agree- the ones with the "pretty blonde lady" look pretty PS'd to me!

ancientgirl
July 4th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I agree- the ones with the "pretty blonde lady" look pretty PS'd to me!

Yeah, I mean look at them! LOL, they're as big as lions!

Frenchy
July 4th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Oh yes I got that e-mail this week ! :lovestruck:

ohhhh Gibson :cloud9:

Irish Wolfhounds are pretty neat,

one neighbor (when I lived near Montreal) had one and I would see them walking every evening when I came home from work. He was freaking tall ! :eek:

hunnybunny
July 4th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Lol Great piccies:)
even if some aren't real :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Thanks for sharing them:goodvibes:

Mat&Murph
July 4th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Awwww Mollywog..... Thank you for the big doggies!!! Love irsh wolfhounds. And of course the danes. Wait till M&M get bigger!! :crazy: we will be able to add more pics :crazy:

edwina
July 4th, 2009, 04:28 PM
A couple of those with the young blonde girl look like there mixed with newfoundland dogs, if so , then they could be real, but maybe the site is off. She is behind the one quite aways and they have the pic too close to the dog, which makes it look a little bigger. But i have been around some newfoundlands that where unbelieveable. There heads where twice the size of mine. :eek:

SandraLM
July 4th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I hope these aren't lap dogs or these people will be in big trouble. :laughing:

Mat&Murph
July 4th, 2009, 04:33 PM
LOL My 2 mastiffs think they are lap dogs and they are not full grown yet!! I am going to be in major trouble!! :laughing:

SandraLM
July 4th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Mollywog, is that first pic of the IrishWolfhound a new dancing partner for that man? :laughing:

Tundra_Queen
July 4th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I wonder where one would get a pooper scooper big enough for them? :laughing:

lUvMyLaB<3
July 5th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I think that one with the girl is a tibetian? And the one with the horse, the neo, I don't think is ps'd I have seen it before, and I am trying to think, I believe it is the heaviest dog, but I have seen it somewhere, let me think..

LavenderRott
July 5th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Tibetian's aren't that big. I think the dog with the blonde is a Caucasian Ovcharka (Pretty damn rare in the Americas) but there are a couple of other long haired mastiff types that are pretty darn big and pretty darn rare that I don't know.

I remember reading on another forum that the Neo in the picture with the horse is definately photo shopped. Something about shadows and blah blah blah.

Really isn't that hard to make an Irish Wolfhound look like a giant - all it takes is a smaller owner and voila! And I know a couple of smaller ladies who just love the huge dogs - one has mastiffs and the other, danes.

Shaykeija
July 5th, 2009, 05:44 PM
We owned a saint benard that weighed in at 225 pounds....he was huge..

lUvMyLaB<3
July 5th, 2009, 07:44 PM
The english mastiff i am sure is real, the worlds biggest dog was one, named herculese when he was alive, that I remember, and the pic of this mastiff looks smaller actually. he was something like 300 pounds I remember? I remember some of these from the worlds biggest dog, the worlds tallest is that harlequin great dane.

lUvMyLaB<3
July 5th, 2009, 07:47 PM
ok, yup he is not real..

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hercules.asp

But I stilll remember that pic from something about the worlds largest dogs, I remember it, and I am trying to find something about it, there was kell, zorba, and hercules, I remember the great dane, and there was an anatolian shepard, and of coarse lots of english mastiff's

lUvMyLaB<3
July 5th, 2009, 07:50 PM
and Tibetians can be huge, actually their breed standrad says the bigger the better, there is no limit. In a show ( now that they are recognized) a bigger one with some flaws will win over a smaller more typey one, it is that desired.

SandraLM
July 5th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Have any of you had problems with the stomach turning with these large breeds which seem to be more prone to that?

My old friend that was breeding the bullmastiffs lost one of her breeding females to it.

kandy
July 7th, 2009, 04:33 PM
This is a newf pup we babysat for a weekend a few months ago. At the time these pix were taken, he was 11 months old - and he towered over Hazel. Hazel is short for a newf, but he made her look downright little. That table behind him is a counter height table - he could rest his head on it.

I've seen some of these pix before, and I know for a fact there are some that are photoshopped - like the one of the dog and the horse. The Irish wolfhounds I would bet are real, as is the great dane with his paws on the shoulders.

ancientgirl
July 7th, 2009, 05:53 PM
:eek:That's one big pup!

kandy
July 7th, 2009, 08:41 PM
LOL, yup...in that last pix the counter he's in front is my computer desk - it's 26 1/2" tall, and he's sitting down.

Oh, and didn't mean to threadjack - just knew this was one giant pup whose photos weren't doctored...lol