Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spencer, Sydney & Friends on Canada Day

BeagleMum
July 3rd, 2009, 04:46 PM
Thought I would share some pictures of Spencer, Sydney & their new friends on Canada Day this year. They had a blast and were exhausted by the end.

Blazer:

Franklin:

Buddy:

Buddy was actually just adopted this week, he is an 8 month old cocker spaniel and is the sweetest thing ever. He was the calmest dog out of the bunch.

BeagleMum
July 3rd, 2009, 04:48 PM
Weird, the pics come out blurry on here. Oh well...

Max:

Pups in the pool cooling off:

Buddy:

BeagleMum
July 3rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
And a few more...

Max in the pool (we had to fill it back up again when he got out):

Spencer & Franklin playing:

Spencer & Sydney in the pool again:

BeagleMum
July 3rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
Last ones...

Buddy:

Pups running around (this one made me laugh):

Sydney looking bored. She got stuck around the tree and instead of trying to figure out how to get loose, she just sat there. The mean mom that I am, I had to take a picture before I untangled her.

I think that's it for now.

14+kitties
July 3rd, 2009, 04:56 PM
:lovestruck::lovestruck::cloud9::cloud9:
Oh my!! Buddy!!! :flirt: What a sweetie!!! Well, they all are. Love them! :cloud9:

Mom, you are mean leaving Sydney stuck around the tree!! *snicker*

BeagleMum
July 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
I know, Buddy is the cutest thing ever, and he's so soft. For an 8 month old dog, he was so calm, just layed there and slept most of the day. He was a little timid of the rest of the dogs but played with Spencer for a bit. They said that he has been like that since they got him.

14+kitties
July 3rd, 2009, 05:13 PM
He has a puzzled look on his face in the first pic. Almost like he isn't sure how to play. Do you know his history? He is simply adorable.
That pic with the dogs chasing each other and playing...... too funny!!!

BeagleMum
July 3rd, 2009, 05:23 PM
All I really know is that he was born in October. He was purchased from a "breeder" (I have no idea who the breeder was but I am guessing not a great one, JMO since they didn't insist he go back to them). I think it with the brother of the person who bought him or something, not too sure. Anyway, the people who bought him didn't have time for him or the other dog that they had so they were getting rid of the two of them. My friends adopted him late last week and have been really happy with him. He had been on the cheap crap food so they are already trying to switch him over to something better. They have a 7 year old son and Buddy is so good with him too.

And yes, the face Spencer is making in the picture with the 3 dogs playing is just too funny, I have a bunch of pics of them playing and Spencer's ears are all over the place.

14+kitties
July 3rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
I am sure with your friend's love and attention Buddy will be a wonderful family friend. :cloud9: Give them a big thank you for me please. :thumbs up

ownedbycats
July 3rd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Your pictures aren't blurry. They came out very nicely, expecially the action shots of the dogs playint together.

hazelrunpack
July 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
Max in the pool! :laughing: I can see why he's a "Max" and not a "Min" :p

Actually, I can only download a few of the pics (bad connection again :rolleyes:) but from what I can see it looks like a great party!!! :dog:

BeagleMum
July 3rd, 2009, 10:30 PM
It was a great party!! I was surprised that Spencer was so well behaved too. He can not meet dogs on leash, he has become pretty leash agressive however on Canada Day, he met all of the dogs on leash and did awesome. The only one he got snippy with is Max and he sees him every day (they are our next door neighbours). It seems like he does that to Max every time they meet because Max is growly at him. I just correct him and then the two of them are fine. I am starting to wonder now if it is just the bigger dogs that he has an issue with because he's scared of them or something? I don't know. All I know is that they had a blast that day and were begging to come in the house to go to bed. I think Sydney is still tired today, I just realized that she has been in bed for hours already. LOL

edwina
July 3rd, 2009, 11:48 PM
Cute puppies. :flirt:

Tundra_Queen
July 4th, 2009, 02:04 AM
what cute puppies! the one wrapped around the tree looks so tired that he's quite happy to stay there. :laughing:

Love the pics of them in the kids pool too!

Debbie

Golden Girls
July 4th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Looks like a fun day, great shots!

luckypenny
July 4th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Great photos! First time I've seen Beagles enjoying water.

mollywog
July 4th, 2009, 07:42 AM
so cute! They are like a bunch of little kiddies at the playground!
Max in the pool... :laughing: too funny! I guess big guys gotta cool off too, eh!? :laughing:

Frenchy
July 4th, 2009, 07:45 AM
What a cool doggie party , the pool was a hit hey ? :p

BeagleMum
July 4th, 2009, 12:26 PM
The pool was definitely a hit, it actually got really hot out that day so they were able to cool themselves off. I was surprised that Spencer & Sydney actually went into it on their own too, usually they don't want to. Spencer actually got into it and sat down, I guess his bum was hot. LOL

kandy
July 7th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Great pix! Had to laugh at Max in that pool - I think you needed the XL sized pool for him.

And what a mean mom - making Sydney wait for you to take a pix before you untangled her!

breeze
July 7th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Great pictures!!

The pool one reminds me of our pool, a little to small for Archie also..:laughing::laughing:

all that running around would make me tired too..:thumbs up:thumbs up

TeriM
July 8th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Wonderful pictures :lovestruck:. Looks like everyone had a fabulous day :cloud9:.

Melinda
July 8th, 2009, 06:44 AM
I think you possibly need a larger pool................*L* or smaller doggie friends, great pics Beaglemum!!

chico2
July 8th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Aww,Love all the pups in the pool and playing with each other,a bigger pool definitely needed:laughing:
Buddy is adorable,but then I am a little parcial to Cockers,"our"Bailey too does not know what toys are for,or what playing is all about:sad:
Glad he got a good home:thumbs up

ancientgirl
July 8th, 2009, 07:45 AM
I love all of the pictures. They don't look blurry at all to me. They all look like they're having fun, especially in the pool. It's so nice you guys had that for them.

BeagleMum
July 9th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Thanks guys!! The dogs definitely had a blast that day. So much so that they didn't even flinch when we were watching the fireworks that night. Usually they scare Spencer really bad but he just layed there next to me and didn't care.

I will have to keep an eye out at the yard sales to see if I can find a bigger pool for Max, he definitely doesn't fit in mine.