Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

JanM - We need a Bobby Update!

TeriM
July 3rd, 2009, 12:40 AM
It has been a long time since I have seen you posting and just wanted to see how you and your fur family is doing.

Hope everything is okay :goodvibes:.

growler~GateKeeper
July 3rd, 2009, 02:10 AM
Hope all is well :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

TeriM
July 7th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Still looking for ya JanM :).

hazelrunpack
July 7th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Adding my :goodvibes: to the mix! Hope all is well! :D

JanM
July 13th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Hi guys - and thanks for thinking of us! Bobby, Amber, Shadow and I have been having some ups and downs and I think I've only been on this site once in about 3 months!

Bobby is still up and down - some good days (like today) and some bad days (like yesterday). Sometimes he is good one minute and crashes the next; some nights are good some aren't - so my time is pretty much spent with the animals.

Hazel, I have to comment on your signature - about how we live life - Bobby just drove that home to me a couple of days ago. He and I were walking along the bank - shoreline just below. Bobby kept stopping and just gazing across the harbour; once he sat down and just looked out - that made me realize I was too concerned about his passing instead of living each moment we have - so now that's what we're doing!

Amber is, well, Amber - full of life, full of beans and a wonderful companion. Shadow is still a little miffed at me because I've changed his food from constant kibbles to wet food twice a day and a tiny bit of kibble at night. He is now starting to eat the wet food but his disdain is still apparent :)

Thanks again and I hope I'll be able to spend a little more time here again soon!

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2009, 02:15 PM
The passing of my first dog taught me that, Jan--they don't think about dying, just about what new smell is around the corner and patiently waiting for things to get better... It just struck me what a great attitude Gauge had about life in general :dog:

So yes, enjoy every moment and store up those happy memories. And I hope you have lots of time quality time left with Bobby :goodvibes: Glad to hear that he's better again today! :grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
July 13th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Good to hear from you Jan :grouphug:

I hope Bobby has far more better days than not :goodvibes:

I'm happy to hear all is well with Amber & Shadow :)

TeriM
July 15th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Good to hear from you and glad that Shadow and Amber are doing well. I totally hear you with Bobby although it is much worse for you as he is still a young dog :sad:. Lucy is also teaching me to just value the time we have, it's a good lesson :grouphug:. Hopefully Bobby continues to have lots of good times :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:.

rainbow
July 15th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Just adding my good wishes for you and Bobby. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :grouphug:

Glad to hear that Amber and Shadow are doing well. :thumbs up

Take care. :2huggers:

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I think that's a great attitude to have. Enjoy the time you have left with him and treasure it.

JanM
July 16th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Animals sure do teach us great lessons! It's a constant process and I'm thankful I'm at least open to learning!

We're just getting ready to go to the Beach - it's a hot one today so we'll get there and home before the heat hits full force!

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Ahhhhhhh....swimming on a hot day! :cloud9: Hope you all had a ball! :D

rainbow
July 16th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Have fun at the beach :goodvibes: ....and hope we're getting pics. :D