Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wildlife Park Pics :)

TwinTails
July 2nd, 2009, 10:25 PM
Last year I went to the local Wildlife park after it had some serious renovations ;) I got to take some amazing up close photos of the Birds of prey, so I am sharing some here :) I hope you like! First are 3 beautiful Bald Eagles that were in the rehab center :) (more to come)

TwinTails
July 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Gorgeous Golden Eagle, Barred Owl & Snowy Owl :D

TwinTails
July 2nd, 2009, 10:28 PM
A Lovely grey owl, and several orphaned fawns :)

TwinTails
July 2nd, 2009, 10:35 PM
A raccoon who was too darned cute! They were trying to pick up pop corn that had been dropped for them :) These babies were sooooo adorable :lovestruck: Lastly is a peacock who followed us around, showing off his tail ;)

hazelrunpack
July 2nd, 2009, 11:03 PM
Nice pics, TwinTails! :thumbs up You really get an appreciation for the power in an eagle's beak when you get close, eh? :eek:

edwina
July 2nd, 2009, 11:35 PM
Nice pics. The snowy owl is so cute. :flirt:

TacoGrl
July 2nd, 2009, 11:48 PM
Thank you for sharing these pics :) Such beautiful birds...I love the racoons...did you see the baby one erykah1310 posted too? http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=63686 Racoons are SOOOOO sweet :lovestruck:

The people who help these poor orphans out are great! I have tried to volunteer at one of the local wildlife places, but I can only do evenings and/or weekends and they need daytime people :sad:

TwinTails
July 2nd, 2009, 11:49 PM
Nice pics, TwinTails! :thumbs up You really get an appreciation for the power in an eagle's beak when you get close, eh? :eek:

Thank you! Oh yes, for sure! I was about 2 feet in front of the guy, he was so very beautiful! All the visitors were mad because he wouldn't look at them, so I simply asked him if he could come closer to me so that I could take a picture. He sauntered right over and posed for at least a 1/2 hour! He was a very proud young man who appreciated being admired :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Edwina, that boy was so very friendly! My friend took one look at him and shrieked "It's Hedwig!" :crazy: There were about 6 of them in there, enjoying their dinner :)

TwinTails
July 2nd, 2009, 11:53 PM
Thank you for sharing these pics :) Such beautiful birds...I love the racoons...did you see the baby one erykah1310 posted too? http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=63686 Racoons are SOOOOO sweet :lovestruck:

The people who help these poor orphans out are great! I have tried to volunteer at one of the local wildlife places, but I can only do evenings and/or weekends and they need daytime people :sad:

Yes I did :D They are so cute! I wouldn't mind having some around my home :)

I will be volunteering there soon, I need to get my year long bus pass first (as $8 a day bus fair is rediculous!). I have been talking with the main animal trainer there and she is willing to teach me to train animals (mainly grizzlies, wolves and cougars, along with the birds). I need to start volunteering there, to get under their insurance. She was very excited to teach someone totally new to the field (although I've been involved with rescue and rehab of domestic pets for 15 years). :highfive:

hunnybunny
July 3rd, 2009, 06:53 AM
Lovely pics :)

Wow !!! the birds are super, loving the fawns too :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
July 4th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Wow love those pics! I would love to work there too! They are all just beautiful.

Debbie

mollywog
July 4th, 2009, 08:26 AM
very cool. Those owls are spectacular, it's not often that you get to see one up close in the wild. And the raccons are sooo cute with their little hands grabbing for food... little rascals!!

Love4himies
July 4th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Wonderful pics, looks like you had a wonderful day.

CarolynInPEI
July 4th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Very nice pictures, I would love to be able to see a Golden Eagle!!!