Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Not going so well...

lUvMyLaB<3
July 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Well I have a few foster kitties, as per the norm lately.. One lady wanted one, and seemed awesome and everything checked out, she was wanting a kitten, she was looking at a little one I have and came to visit, while we were talking she said this...

" I always let my female animals have one litter before I get them fixed, I just believe everything that can be a mother has a right to experience that. It is not fair, blah blah..:wall:"
NO KITTEH FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

THEnnn a little male cat was taken home by a wonderful family, this cat has been awesome with my kids, they have a kid, and a screened in porch where the kitty can go, the kitty is a baby that is here with momma, so they took him. I got a call back, about 40 calls in an hour at about 8 a.m. Apperenly the kids has "allergies" yeah and I am a pink elephant.! On talking to the Man when he brought the baby back, it sounded like they didn't like that the baby was crying, they put him in the screened in porch for the night.. NICE!!

Sometimes it doesn't matter how much someone is checked out, what great answers they have, they are still idiots underneath.. Momma and baby were happy to see eachother, but that will just make next time that much harder, I am not going to let him go for awhile now, I don't care how long he has to stay. You wouldn't believe how awesome these people checked out! They had another cat for 17 years, and the wife loved him, he passed over a year ago and she was ready for another, and didn't want to get a "free" kitten, ect... Nice place, nice family.. and look what they did!

Sometimes I have days when I want to beat my head against a brick wall. This is one of those days...... I cannot believe how many people I have encountered in person and online the past week that I just think have their heads up their **** when it comes to pets!

OYE!

14+kitties
July 2nd, 2009, 06:48 PM
:grouphug: I feel for you. I have gone through the same thing. Why get a pet if you are planning on putting it in a room by itself so it doesn't "bother" you at night. You can talk till you are blue in the face to these :loser:s who think it's a great idea for a female animal to have a litter before it's fixed. They don't care. They do it for their own selfish reasons. Not everything capable of having a litter is good at it. :rolleyes: It doesn't matter how well they interview. Their actions speak for themselves.
It's a tough tough world out there. :wall: :grouphug: Thank you for caring so much.

TacoGrl
July 2nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
You mean putting annoying kittehs in a room by themselves at night is an option?!? Hmmmm...:evil:

J/k!

Maybe a question could be "Do you consider yourself an idiot?" and if they have to think about an answer...:loser:

lUvMyLaB<3
July 2nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
You mean putting annoying kittehs in a room by themselves at night is an option?!? Hmmmm...:evil:

J/k!

Maybe a question could be "Do you consider yourself an idiot?" and if they have to think about an answer...:loser:

I agree!! I don't make up the rules though, But I should suggest! The lady that said about all female animals having babies is the one the floored me! I almost passed out, I can promise with an answer like that, no kitty, she was after a nice one too! her loss! But watch her go buy one from an ad now, she would be that type..

Love4himies
July 2nd, 2009, 08:48 PM
Oh crap, why are people such :loser:. I know you work so hard with your fosters. :grouphug:

joeysmama
July 2nd, 2009, 09:44 PM
All I can think about is how scared that poor baby must have been all alone all night and how happy he must have been to come home to his mama!! I'm glad your'e keeping him for a while.

Sometimes I hate people.

Jim Hall
July 2nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
for supposedly independt" creatures cats can be a real B*** sometimes

kits are real haed that way you relly have to pund it in sometimes we go so far as to give the bonded pair 2 for 1 just so they dont come back

lUvMyLaB<3
July 3rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
I am glad they brought him back, If that is a prob then I don't want them keeping him. and I don't think they will get another one anytime soon, which is more than I can say about the lady. If you are thinking of adopting a baby female cat, it is not a good idea to say that you allow them to have a litter. I was like WHA?? and she said, well if you only have one litter a year it is not that hard to find homes. She doesn't get it. That was it, I was like NO KITTEH FOR YOU!!! NO NO NO NO NO!! But now I think she will go get a 'free' female kitten and breed it, and maybe it would be better for her to have this one and at least I can go and make sure it doesn't breed, make her get it fixed on time, cuz I can do that. But no, after that I didn't have the right feeling and I wont let someone like that have one of these babies, no way. BUt now she will get her free kitten and have who knows how many litters, and guess who will devot all her time energy and money to these kittens? YUP ME!! What STOOOOOPID reason to let her cats breed!

We cannot go away this summer, my kids are missing out... I have pumped so much money into fosters this year. And with babies here I cannot go. I could have them boarded but I wont do that to them.. That is what makes me so mad!! Then people think they have a right to breed, and people will help clean up the mess... They think we do it cuz we love it. Well that is true, but I do it because the animals need it. I would love to be able to afford everything and go away, but selfish people don't get it!!!!

BenMax
July 3rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
Ohhh love that one - pregnant, labour pains, loose skin afterwards, droppy boobies, stitches, stretch marks, crying unsatisfied baby - yep everyone should experience that! And I am complaining about 1! Imagine 6-8 - FORGET THAT! What a nutjob. Hope she has 24 kids!:loser:

So true - you can do the best you can when placing. We have all made mistakes and anyone who said they placed 100% perfectly it's because they only had 1 animal to rehome (to themselves).

There is no formula or perfect way of screening. I follow up to the best of my ability to ensure everything is fine. At Christmas I send cards and usually get an e-mail back showing the animal I put into adoption. If not - I follow up and usually it's a case of me just letting go. I have however made 2 errors in judgement - for one it was too late!:sad:

Best to you in finding forever loving homes. It certainly is not easy nor fool proof.:grouphug: