Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oh boy, I'm such a dork.

ancientgirl
July 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
I feel like the person who complains about how their computer doesn't work, and it's because it's not plugged in.

I use rechargeable batteries. I put some in my camera a couple of weeks ago, after they finished recharging and the camera said to change batteries. Well, like a dork I thought it was just that the camera crapped out on me.

:laughing:I come to realize this morning, after I thought to put NEW batteries in it, that it's my rechargeable batteries that were bad.:headslap:

Oy! So, having said that, I will not commence to get camera happy and take lots of pictures of the gang this weekend.:D

hazelrunpack
July 2nd, 2009, 10:46 AM
Oh, I'm so glad it's not just me :o

:laughing:

I feel your pain, AG. I do stuff like that all the time!!! Like the time I bought a special battery for the SLR. It was expensive. I put it in and nothing happened. It didn't even register as being in the camera! Since I'd bought it a long time ago and had pitched the receipt for it, I couldn't return it. So I tossed it away.

Found out a couple hours later when I found and read the packaging, that it can take up to 30 minutes for the battery to 'warm up' and 'register' after you put it in the first time! :yell: And, of course, despite much dumpster-diving :yuck:, I couldn't find the little bugger when I went looking for it. :laughing: So don't feel like the Lone Ranger. :p

ancientgirl
July 2nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Hazel, I'm officially turning into my dad:laughing::laughing::laughing:

A couple of years ago, he got himself a "Sunpass." It's this gadget that you electronically put money in, and when you are on the highway and have to go through a toll booth, it beeps and pays, so you don't have to stop and look for change.

Anyway, he loved his little Sunpass, then after about a month, he said it stopped working. He'd go through the toll and no beep. He wound up calling several times, so they would not mail him a ticket for not paying his toll.

Finally after two weeks he realized, he'd not changed the batteries and that's why it wasn't working.:laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 2nd, 2009, 10:54 AM
So did he get a ticket? :eek: He's lucky he didn't get chased down by the State Patrol! :p

I've come to the conclusion that batteries are evil and a work of the :evil:

:laughing:

ancientgirl
July 2nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
No, he didn't, but only because he called to notify them his sunpass wasn't working.

I hate having to buy batteries. They are so expensive, which is why I bought the rechargeable ones. I thought they lasted forever:frustrated:

kara1
July 2nd, 2009, 11:31 AM
MY idiotic story

I bought anight light for my son from dollarama, later i opened up the package and tried turning it on it wouldnt work thought it might be the light bulb, changed light bulb still didn't work. So i tried calling dollarama to see if i could exchange it i had only bought it about an hour ago but no they don't do returns i was pissed it was only a dollar but hey well i called my dad and complained to him and after awhile realized i had to plug it in :wall: I felt like such an idiot and imbarrased because i called and complained to dollarama :o

ancientgirl
July 2nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
LOL, well Kara, the good thing is, dollarama didn't know it was "broken" because it wasn't plugged in.:D

kara1
July 2nd, 2009, 11:48 AM
that was my worst lol Im just glad i didnt go to the store with it

onster
July 2nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
lol we all have those moments AG.

In fact my bros are always teasing me about how they dont understand how I can be so book smart but so dumb otherwise :loser: :rolleyes:

Jim Hall
July 2nd, 2009, 04:18 PM
tis is why every call to customer service help desks start with " is it pluggled in and or do u have fresh batteries?

tree call i got once " hi! my keyboard is on fire! oh S*** i that where that ciggarete went

TacoGrl
July 2nd, 2009, 07:06 PM
Oh yea! I have one!

I park in underground parking...one night I came home really tired (yes, that is the excuse I will use :o), parked the truck, got my stuff out of the back seat, closed the door and went to the building door...I couldn't find my keys! I was panicking trying to think of where I had seen them last...retraced my steps back to the truck and found in the truck...the truck was still running. :headslap:

ancientgirl
July 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I've done that myself. Except I didn't realize I'd done that until after I saw the movie, freaked out at a restaurant and decided to just walk to the car to see if I'd dropped them. Oy, my car was running for almost 4 hours!!!!!

Dee-O-Gee
July 2nd, 2009, 07:58 PM
I got one! :lightbulb:

I know that underneath a spare couch in our rec-room I placed a box of antique car parts. When I put this box underneath the couch, I purposely left myself a note inside the box to remind of the other spots in our house that I placed more car parts! :D

I know that this box is under the couch but I couldn't for the life of me, tell you where I put the other parts! I will start my scavenger hunt soon when the time comes! :D:D premeditated memory loss? :shrug:

ancientgirl
July 2nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
:laughing: I can see I'm not the only one losing her mind.

TacoGrl
July 2nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
:laughing: I can see I'm not the only one losing her mind.

No, sadly you aren't :wall: