Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Go train to oshawa

NoahGrey
July 2nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
anyone know the distance between oshawa and peterborugh? I know Linsday is right close to Peterborugh. I am trying not to move for school.(see my leaving the field I love thread)

I believe the Go train goes to oshawa and that is the closest. Then if I can take a bus into peterborugh, maybe I still have to look into it I can take a bus from peterborugh into lindsay,

Thanks,

ACO22

Mat&Murph
July 2nd, 2009, 09:31 AM
It is about 45 mins from Oshawa to Peterbrough.

Go Train stops in whitby then bus to Oshawa, Mybe bus from Whitby to PeterBrough??

hazelrunpack
July 2nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
So are you thinking of making the commute each day, or finding a room for the times you're in town then going home for the weekends? Might be relatively inexpensive just to rent a room as opposed to renting an apartment.

NoahGrey
July 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
Ok, so I have been frusted at week, trying to figure everything out *lol*

See, I really love the place that I am renting right now. So, I am trying to find ways to still live here, and communte. Hence teh go train. I have come to the conclusion that there are three cities that I can take a go train into, then have to take a grehound into Lindsay and depending on day and time, there might not always be a bus in or out.

So, I have been thinking of driving the communite with my car. Yeah it would be a pain in the ass, but at least I have the place that I love and I don't have to uproot...again. I have uprooted 6 times in four years and I am tired *LOL*.

Hazel: If I do plan on moving up to Lindsay, I want my own place. I don't want the partying, sharing stuff with a stranger, etc. Plus I have a cat that would be coming with me.

I have looked into my budget and there is not much of a difference in a loan, if I move up there or stay here. So why not try and stay in the place where I am now? Just the ware and tare on my car.

ACO22

mafiaprincess
July 2nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
I drive from Whitby to the Peterpatch a lot. Takes 45-50 minutes usually.

I've known more than a few people who stayed here for school and drove to fleming for school. It is doable..

NoahGrey
July 2nd, 2009, 12:01 PM
yeah, but from where I am, to lindsay is a 2 hour drive. I am really keen on keeping my place here. I don't want to really up root, if I don't have too. I am debating on just doing the drive.

ACO22