Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I Think I Am In Love!

TwinTails
July 1st, 2009, 11:20 PM
So, today my parents adopted a lovely Lynx Point Birmen :D Her name is Mischa, and she's about 3 years old now. She was living with my brother and sister in law, but they don't have the time to devote to her (with an Alaskan Husky and 2 tots).

Anyways, Mom let me go through the grooming stuff in case there was anything I needed, and there was :lovestruck: I picked up a free Bamboo FurBuster Deshedder tool (http://www.petdiscounters.com/FurBuster-Deshedding-Tool-for-Cats-p8025.html)! It's AWESOME!!!!!

I have huge clumps of fur on the balcony now, just after a few minutes of grooming all 5 cats. Lua has the least amount of undercoat, but everyone else is getting groomed now, a lot! My lousy slicker brush is a load of :censored:, lol! I am just so very happy to have this tool!

And sorry, no Mischa pics as my batteries died. But I will get some Mya (husky) pics up soon ;)

BenMax
July 2nd, 2009, 01:00 PM
Pretty neat little gadget. I would need a bamboo shedding lawnmower for my herd!:laughing:

Seriously - it works that well?

Love4himies
July 2nd, 2009, 01:02 PM
Did your kitties mind being brushed with it?

BenMax
July 2nd, 2009, 01:04 PM
Did your kitties mind being brushed with it?

Ohhh good question. I have EVERY type of brush imaginable. My favourte thus far is the horse glove. But I am open to another idea for sure.

edwina
July 2nd, 2009, 01:08 PM
I should probably have one of those, how long does the blade last before you have to replace it ? :cat:

Rottielover
July 2nd, 2009, 01:20 PM
I have something similar(different name) I swear by it, everytime I brush my 2, there are 5 or 6 more dogs, LOL

bendyfoot
July 2nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
We've got the Furminator (same thing basically), and it works great on the cats...they've gotten used to it, but only like being brushed a little at a time in general.

I use it on Jaida too, it's AMAZING for short-coated, double-coated dogs to get rid of shedding undercoat. Can't use it on Gracie, though, her topcoat is too long/wiry, and it's not meant for single-coats like Heidi.

TwinTails
July 2nd, 2009, 05:04 PM
I absolutely love it! My cats are 2 long haired, 1 short smooth haired (no undercoat), and 2 short haired with thick undercoats. I don't need to use it on Lua, as she doesn't have an undercoat. I got the equivalent of 4 kittens off of Bo & Majik, and another 2 off of Oliver and Baby. They all look great now, shiny coats and not as much fur flying all over :D

Oliver hates being touched on his back and rump (he was horribly abused), but he tolerates this brush very well! He will sit for about 10 mins and let me groom him. With the other brushes (all my professional grooming equipment), he won't sit still at all!

I am not sure how long the blades last, they look like blades from a shaver - thick, short & durable. They do come off, so you can replace or switch up to the version for longer haired pets.

I do quite like it! My fussy boogers like it, so thats a HUGE bonus for me, lol! I am allergic to my cats, so the more I can eliminate the exess hair the better :D