Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet Nicknames?

Chaser
July 1st, 2009, 10:05 PM
This may very well have been done before, but I just wanted to start a light-hearted thread that might get some laughs.

Do you have any nicknames for your pets?????

Chase answers to both Bud and Baby Boy.

Kailey responds to Pretty Girl (gee, wonder why we'd call her that? :lovestruck:), Kailey-Bum and Butthead. I have no explanation for the last two :shrug:...DH-to-be started those, but I promise you he adores her and they are used with love!

Rupert has several nicknames, and has no idea what a source of entertainment it is for us to create them. So far we have: Skid Mark, Poopert, Butterball and Fat@$$. The last two are my fault....I thought I bought Now! Grain-Free two months ago but actually bought the regular. I didn't adjust the feeding amount and loaded him up on carbs! :o

It's a good thing animals don't posess the ability of higher reasoning, or Kailey and Rupert would have serious emotional scars! :laughing:

TacoGrl
July 1st, 2009, 10:36 PM
Jaeger was my "Boo Bear"

Seth is "Mr. Seth"

Frenchy
July 1st, 2009, 10:37 PM
I don't know why but , all females I call poo , like Nelly poo (or Nelly patootie) Chloe poo :rip: or was miss peepee or Barky :p ....

Sam I used to call "Sammy sossa Sammy sosso" :)

Bailey , I usually just repeat his name twice : Bailey Bailey ....

the cats , as long as I get the names right :laughing:

Coco is Coco and Puce is Puce , Paddington is sometimes Paddy and Monsieur le chat I call Monsieur ....

Mat&Murph
July 1st, 2009, 10:48 PM
Matt and Murphy answer to my baby boys, wiggy bum, my bear dogs or lion boys. Ok I have alot :crazy

14+kitties
July 1st, 2009, 10:54 PM
Besides the fact they all get called sweetie or baby or some other endearment all the time I do actually have nicknames for most of them..... :o

Spaz – Spazzy or Spaztater

Meowzer – Yowzer

Li’l Bit – Bits

Nipper – Nip or Sweetie Bye or NipNipper

Miss Purrfect – Missy

Brownie – Big Guy

Qugee – Qug or Meanie (she bites when she doesn’t want petted anymore)

Wheezer – Wheez

Tinker – Tink or Handsome Boy

Miss Atty – Atty or Gimper (bad leg) I know, mean

Skitty – Skitterpuss

Squeak – Squeakerpoo

Mew – He gets Big Guy too or Grey Boy

Mylee – MyleeSmily

Kylee – Shy Girl

Mittens – Mittikins

Tiny Tim – TT or Timmy or Baby or Cuddlebutt

Tinka – The men in the house call her TT’s wife or “the bigger TT” because they won’t call her Tinka. :shrug:

KittyMcKat – KMK

Stormy – My Stormy Gal

Dayle – Crier – She has this weird cry that she does every night when I turn the light off to go to bed.

The newer ones I’m working on. :rolleyes:

Keesha - KeeshmaGeesh, Keesh, Munchkin, Monsterdog (for 5 pounds she is!) The list goes on. After 15 years she's got lots of names!!

Sammy - Samantha, dogcat (she hoovers cat food), goofball, and lots more for her too!

Mat&Murph
July 1st, 2009, 10:56 PM
OHH MY DOG!!!! 14+ how do you keep them all straight???? :laughing: I get the boys mixed up LOL This is cool though, never knew all your babies names

Chaser
July 1st, 2009, 11:00 PM
Wow 14+ - it must be hard enough to come up with all their names, let alone nicknames on top of it!

Dee-O-Gee
July 1st, 2009, 11:10 PM
Hey 14+--you almost got the whole alphabet! :D

I just call Gryphon, Grif sometimes for short where as hubby sometimes calls him dumb A:censored:! Not that he's a dumb A:censored: but sometimes he can be a little clumsy and silly. :laughing:

mollywog
July 2nd, 2009, 12:04 AM
haha... glad to hear that I am not the only "crazy dog lady" who calls my dog by multiple names!!! They are:
Mollywog
Mollybird - or, her most common name around the house (more common than Molly)..... BIRD!
B-Bird

usually it's just Bird. Poor girl, must get confused!!!

onster
July 2nd, 2009, 12:53 AM
wow 14+!!! how do you keep them all straight???

Onnie = nunu, noonie, nunna, neeno, oneeni, habibi (love) and "fatty mcfat" (courtesy of lil bro :rolleyes:). He responds to all :D:cool:

Bunduk = dudu, dodda, dukduk, bunduka, mishmish (peach), cutie patootie and museeba (disaster). He resonds to none of them :crazy:

:laughing:

pattymac
July 2nd, 2009, 01:47 AM
Oh yeah, I'm not alone in my kookiness with their names!!
Let's see Coco, gets Cocobean, Mr Bean, cocomola, cocomo and some other variations as well as hairball, fluffball

Bobee, gets Bobah, bobeeshnobee, boobee cat, not quite as many as Coco
Bayley gets Baylortaylor, snookdog, pooperpuppy, kookypooky (that one gets her acting all silly!) spaz dog

ownedbycats
July 2nd, 2009, 06:10 AM
Oh, there are some good ones out there. Here are a few of ours:
Misty-aka: Miss Mouth (guess where that came from :laughing:lol), Misty Miss
Dr Seuss-aka:The Doctor -when he looks especially serious, Seuss-macgoose when he is silly or stuck, Seussy
MooBoots-aka: Mooby-basically his name now, little buddy(Seuss's)
Sunshine-nut dog, mud puppy (I give you one guess as to why she gets called this :D)

aslan
July 2nd, 2009, 06:48 AM
LOL, good to know we're not the only ones with silly nicknames.

Quincy gets- Qman, Moose, Fallump(you'd have to see him walk) pooker and humphead.

Bailey, gets Bay,Freddie,fartlips(don't ask) and shorta$$

Nermal gets chichi or spaz.

ancientgirl
July 2nd, 2009, 08:32 AM
14+, I have no idea how you can even remember all their regular names, much less nicknames! Wow. :laughing:

:laughing:Onster, museeba!

Okay, some of my gang have more nicknames than others, and some have the same nicknames. :D

Vlad - Papi - Pipo - Malo (mean boy) Papooch - Count Vlad
Answers most to Vlad and Pipo

Oksana - Mama - Mami - Mala (mean girl) Pretty Girl - Little Miss
Answers most to Oksana and Mama

Maks - Little Pipo - Papoochi - Papoochinno - Little guy
Answers most to Maks and Papoochi

Kiska - Tiny Miss - Mamoochi - Kiki
Answers most to Kiska and Kiki

Czarina - Czari - Mamoocha - Mamita - Mimi
Answers most to Czari and Mimi

breeze
July 2nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
Lets see

Bree Breezer, prettygirl, skinnybutt,

Archer King Kong, Godzilla, Ding dong, prettyboy, piggy

:D

quincymycat
July 2nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
I think we all use pet names (no pun intended here) for our fur kids. How can we not?:D
Quincy, just "sweetheart", "mommy's baby"
Milo, really, no specific nicknames for Milo now that I think about it
Dakota, "pugs", "pugsley" because his seal pointed face makes him look a bit like a pug dog
Tritan, does pain in the butt count?:laughing::laughing:
They all answer to "sweetie" though.
Dakota answers to everyone's name, wants to keep all the cuddles to himself:D

Chris21711
July 2nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
It's a good thing animals don't posess the ability of higher reasoning, or Kailey and Rupert would have serious emotional scars! :laughing:

Funny you say that Chase Mom, we call Reb..Doofus or Shortstop....when I went to an Animal Communicator with him last year, she said "Rebel wants to know if you are going to keep him" :shrug:....since then I have tried to refrain from calling him names that might make him feel unwanted :dog:

CearaQC
July 2nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Linx gets called my singing kitty, or Mr Growly when he growls at me during claw clipping time. Don't worry it's all growl and no action. I swear sometimes Linx is musical by the way he meows when he wants something real bad. One day it sounded like he was meowing "3 blind mice.":laughing:

Dogs both get called by double names, i.e. SandySandy or Sheeba turns to Sheebie. Sheeba also known as BossyBitch because she lets us know when it's time for food, potty or sleep. Sheeba has one heck of an internal "clock." She will either give us the retriever nose poke in the arm or our behinds and make sounds I can't even begin to describe. Kinda like doggie "talking" or "mumbling." If we don't respond to her demands she gives a double bark which means we better start moving in a hurry.:laughing:

Love4himies
July 2nd, 2009, 11:09 AM
Sweet Pea is Squeaky
Jasper is Boo
Puddles is Sweet Girl
Snowball was Snoozers (when he was a kitten, he would suddenly stop playing and have a nap sitting up)

joeysmama
July 2nd, 2009, 11:09 AM
Cooper is:

Coop doggie dog
Coop de ville
The Puppy
Pupperoni
Pupperazzi
Poopy Coopy
Baby Dog
and
The Coop

BenMax
July 2nd, 2009, 11:12 AM
14+ - you just made me laugh...:laughing:. That is one heck of a list.

Ok here are mine:

Farrah (black persian) - Fa-Fa (ok not original!)
Blu (lilac siamese) - Blu-ish or blue-blue (ok not orginal!) Oops forgot one Mr. Man.
Pheonix (strangled and mentally challenged tortie) Fi-Fi (ok not orginal!)
Riley (tuxedo dude) Rye-Rye (ok not orginal!)
Reeses (persian something) Reeeesssey Piecey (don't ask!)
Julia (monster min-pin) Rulia
Abby (foster GSD/Lab/Husky) Shlabby

Alright, after reading everyone else's spin - I think I need a lesson in creative thinking....:o

breeze
July 2nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Alright, after reading everyone else's spin - I think I need a lesson in creative thinking....:o

it's what ever comes out of your mouth at the time. :laughing::laughing:
:thumbs up

we were whatching a king kong movie and everyone keeps telling me how big Arch is ( I don't really see it) and it kinda stuck
see it's what ever "fits"

BenMax
July 2nd, 2009, 11:22 AM
it's what ever comes out of your mouth at the time. :laughing::laughing:
:thumbs up

we were whatching a king kong movie and everyone keeps telling me how big Arch is ( I don't really see it) and it kinda stuck
see it's what ever "fits"

Well there is a certain 'voice' that goes along with all the nicknames. The names are lame but the voice is absolutely ANNOYING to the human ear....and I wonder why I am still single....:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Take Rulia for instance. You have to roll the tongue for the 'R' for about 10 seconds and quickly end the ulia! Ok I need help big time!!!!

breeze
July 2nd, 2009, 11:24 AM
Well there is a certain 'voice' that goes along with all the nicknames. The names are lame but the voice is absolutely ANNOYING to the human ear....and I wonder why I am still single....:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

dogcatharmony
July 2nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
I am giggling........what cute nicknames for the furbutts. And 14+....wow...don't know how you keep all those names straight......LOL

okay, here's mine

Zoe : zoobalicious, zoobaloo, boo bear and boobie ( she got that one because she is nosey and tends to turn her head and get too focused while walking and smashes into things like trees, fire hydrants, bushes, poles, walls)

She answers most to boobie, and she knows that when I use Zoe that I mean business.

Amos : big cat, moouse, mous-mous and booger. He responds to all of them.

Phoebe : beep-beep, beebalee and b*tch kitty. Once again, she responds to all of them.

Dexter: shmoo and dexie.....havent' had him long enough to get a real nickname, and so far he only responds to his name. Oh and the sounds of a can opening.......:D

breeze
July 2nd, 2009, 11:31 AM
I am giggling........what cute nicknames for the furbutts. And 14+....wow...don't know how you keep all those names straight......LOL

I don't know how 14+ does it also,

whats your trick 14+ tell us your secret.....

bendyfoot
July 2nd, 2009, 11:37 AM
lmao @ "fartlips"!!! nice one aslan!!!:laughing:

Gracie: Grace, Goose, Gooser, Gracie-Goose, Pooper, Poopie, Pooper-Doo, Puppy-Pooper

Heidi: (Miss) Mugsly, Heidi-Ho, Widdle Puppies ('cause she's the youngest, the baby always seems to get that one..."Hi dere, Widdle Puppies!":laughing:), Smooshie, Naughty, Brat

Jaida: Bo-Baida, Bunny, Jay-Jay, Gimpy, Honey, Dum-Dum

Boo: Madame Boo, Her Royal Highness, Boo-boo, Booter, Princess

Molly: Mol, Miss Mol(ly), Little Miss, Mini-Mew, Purry-Pants, Purrminator, Girly

Solomon: Sol, Solly, Solly-wolly, Solly-wolly-doodle, Grumpy, Bubba, @ss-Pain

Sylvie
July 2nd, 2009, 03:39 PM
You guys are so funny. It is good to see I am not alone in my craziness.

Here are a few of mine

Briar - Bri-Bri, Devil Boy, Trouble,Blondie

Shadow - Shaddy Waddy, Blackie, Miss Shadow, Stubborn Butt

Greta- Gretal, Miss Garbo, Gretsky, Hellion, Devil Girl

The best thing is that they come to all the names :laughing:

BenMax
July 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
:laughing::laughing:Shaddy Waddy:laughing:

OMG this is too funny - we are crazy aren't we??? I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this thread!:laughing:

bendyfoot
July 2nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
lol I keep thinking of more :laughing: I think I call them by nicknames more than their real ones!!! :laughing:

Melinda
July 2nd, 2009, 03:58 PM
if Im curled up in bed or on the couch minus Brina, I just have to say "where's mommy's baby" and out she comes to cuddle, but then again, hubby calls her "daddy's dummy" and she answers to that too *L* he tells her "its a good thing you're cute cause you're not too smart"

14+kitties
July 2nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
No secret ladies. You name them as they come along. :shrug:
Someone once said "Don't name them! Once you do you are lost!" So so true in my case. :o

I don't have Ace, Ajax, SpareCat, the newest one who needs to get fixed yet, or the black cat (Corbin) on the list either.
Ace and Ajax are still really hissy, snarly so I do call them Sirs Hissyfits. SpareCat (hubby named him) I seldom see. He is very shy and feral. Comes out at night or when I am not near the catuary.
The new one TwinTales thought should be called Tao but not sure if it will fit with the other names so am open to suggestions.
Corbin will not be keeping that name. If I can ever nab him I will see if he is adoptable. If he is he may not get named (by me).

ScottieDog
July 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks for this thread. I need a smile today.

My 14-year-old Scottie is Mac (actually Mac N. Tosh, but we never use that).
His nicknames are Puppy Mac, Mr. Puppy, Puppy Tosh, Wuppie Dog, Gator Dog (yes he does have a huge mouth), Mac-a-doodle, and Mac-a-doo.

Cassidy, my soon-to-be 3 year-old hasn't been with us as long and doesn't have as many nicknames. She is Cassie, Cass, Cass-Cass, Mommy's Girl, Missy-Pie and Princess. She also sometimes gets called Tipper.:sad:

My sweet Tipper :rip: was actually Tipperty (named by her first momma). We called her Tippy, Tippy-toes, Tip-Tip, Baby-dog, Little Miss and Sweet Pee (yes she had some housetraining issues when she came to live with us).

Mac doesn't answer to any name since he went deaf, although I do think for a while he responded to "cookie" better than anything. Cassie doesn't care what we call her, she just wants love and attention.

onster
July 2nd, 2009, 04:47 PM
Love this thread...hillarious nicknames everyone!

lol yes AG...museeba is actually used quite often.

I forgot one for Onnie..."snortopicus" ..cuz he snorts sometimes when he gets alll huffy.:D

Sylvie Brier sounds like my bunduk lol :evil:

bendy a$$-pain?!?! LOL

MommaKat
July 2nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
This is my new favorite thread :D

Maggie : Maggie Muggins,Muggins,Maggiekins

Sparkie: Sparks,Sparkie boo, Poopster(we're still working on potty training:p) and "The Squirrel " . Not sure how that last one happened but DH recently wrote "Release the Squirrel" on top of her kennel so it's a keeper :frustrated::laughing:

Noel: Noelly and Christmas cat .

Felix, Does not have any real nick name other sweetie and babe, nothing seemed to really suit him. However, both cats are referred to as "the pigs" because around supper time the meow is so loud, if our window is open our next door neighbor can hear it. We spotted him once looking around in his backyard trying to spot meowing cats :laughing:

Mat&Murph
July 2nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
I forgot to add that when Matt gets in trouble He gets Matthew! :laughing: He knows too and wags his tail at me.

Chaser
July 2nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
I love all these great nicknames! :laughing:

Glad the thread is going over well :D

Sylvie
July 2nd, 2009, 08:30 PM
[ Brier sounds like my bunduk lol :evil:

I was just calling Briar Devil Dog and he rolls on his back and kicks his legs, its like he knows what I am saying. :eek: Aren't we lucky to have our wonderful furkids.

CM, this was a wonderful thread, I love all the nick names.

Winston
July 2nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
Okay mine arent very origional but it sounds like I am not the only one with that problem :laughing:

Tabitha = Princess, TabbyGirl, or Queenie! (because all 6 lbs of her rules the roost)

Bomber = Bomber Boy, Mommys Boy, Baby Boy

Winston = Winnie, Mammasboy, and the best one is Stinkey Boy! (when you call him that he comes running! its so funny! But like Benmax said you would not want to hear me calling him that (high pitched voice! :D)

Winston got that nickname one evening while he was trying to kill his Mom and Dad with SILENT KILLER FARTS! :D

Love all the nicknames and yes Chasesmom what a good thread! :thumbs up

wdawson
July 2nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
Beathoven: monkey or monk
Maggie: squirmy
George: depends on what surprise i come home too :D
Tigger: tigglet or tiggy
Ozzy: girly girl
Felix: OUCH you little $hit,he gives love bites :laughing:

Sylvie
July 2nd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Papa D

We call our Shadow Girly Girl too. Where do we come up with these names???:laughing:

Jim Hall
July 2nd, 2009, 09:41 PM
present preeety girl du face shag butt real name astrya

manda poop gator bait lunch box braciolle real name amanda

oh yeah mine answer to the shaking of the treat container

former
sherbert 4 lb kit looked like a bowl of orange serbert

stoner black lab/mutt loved beer and reefer

zippy the pin head they stalk, jump,and disenbowle switch was fused on
condo 135 lb sometimes very stubborn mastiff

Magicwildwolf69
July 3rd, 2009, 01:02 AM
wow i love all these names gave me a laugh today.

here are mine

Eclipse= big boy, buddy (DH) bobble head, fuzzy butt, dear, grizzly paws
Serena= princess, sweetie, little miss priss, missy ma'am, sweetheart
Stormy= trouble bug, stormers, baby, loud mouth, chicken cat,

zoey :rip:= zoe zoe, squeaker,

TeriM
July 3rd, 2009, 01:14 AM
Glad to know I am not alone in my lunacy :D.

Lucy is Lulu, Lulubelle, Baby Girl, Yellow dog, Pretty Girl, Lucy Luce, Girly girl

Riley is RyRy, Riley Ry, Monkey boy, Buddy, Brat, Black dog

Fred is Frederick, Handsome, Monster cat

Desi is Princess, Missy, Snotty girl

EndOfFashion
July 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Milo is:
-Mi (pronounced "my")
-buddy (as in heeey buuuuddy)
-Meelo (sometimes he is French, apparently)
-fuzzhead
-and sometimes *****head, haha! But we call him that affectionately!

Charlie has way more:
-Fat Charlie
-Charles
-Chaz
-Chuck
-fatty
-Charlie-cakes
-sometimes Charlie-face (yes I'm :crazy:)
-kitty-cakes

Autumn is:
-Autumnski (you know, to make it sound more Polish)
-poofy (I call her this more than "Autumn")
-sunia (pronounced "soon-ya", Polish for b*tch, as in female dog, and it's altered to be more affectionate)
-pszinka (pronounced "psheenka", Polish pet name for a female dog)

mastifflover
July 3rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Well Clark is Clark the Spark and Psycho boy, (because he is), and lets not forget Mr OCD. This dog has issues.
Mat and Murph if you ever find your beautiful babies missing just know they are safe and sound with me, they are so beautiful. Every time I see there pics I miss my Buddy so much.
14+ how do you remember all your kitties names I have trouble with one and I still call him Buddy luckily he thinks it is his nickname

pattymac
July 3rd, 2009, 10:51 AM
I love these names!! It's so cool that everybody has neat names for their critters.

Mat&Murph
July 3rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
Mastifflover, you might have to fight frenchy for M&M, :laughing: She staked claim awhile ago. They are great boys though as you know what mastiffs are like. I would love to see pics of Buddy and of course Clark

muggsmom
July 3rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Great thread!!

Muggs - Mr. Magoo, boo, bubby, *****-for-brains (lovingly, of course :D)

Zoe - Zoedoodle, zo-zo

Fira - Firamadiera, wiggle bum, pretty girl.

BIL calls Zoe, old dog; Fira, used dog and Muggs, borrowed dog!

BenMax
July 3rd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Oh I forgot the nickname that was given to Blu from my niece and nephew: Skippy John Jones.

pbpatti
December 2nd, 2010, 04:15 PM
I wanted to revive this thread because #1 I got a new puppy and #2 there are lots of new members here.

Buddy has only been home for a couple of weeks but he has nicknames already. Mr Budweiser is one of them, Bud Bud another, the longer he is home I suppose he will aquire more.

A new one that I have been calling Sasha is Sasha Magasha.:D patti

Marty11
December 2nd, 2010, 05:34 PM
I think I missed this thread.

Rookie gets Buddy (typical) was thinking of naming my next male dog that. Patti.....:)
Marty on the otherhand gets.....Farty Marty, Marty Far, or Farty Mar or sometimes just plain FARTS.....
and she lives up to that name. :D

rg_girlca
December 2nd, 2010, 06:27 PM
LOL!!!! I didn't realize that this thread was from last year, but glad that it was brought back up. :thumbs up

I loved reading all the cool nicknames and 14+, I don't know how you can remember AAAALLLLL those names along with the nicknames.

I had a cat named Cfer.............ya know............C for cat.

Mine are;

Nugget- Nugga Nou Nou

Chipper - Chippy Chips, Chippy Whippy

Lindy Lou - Lindy Lou Lou

Poppy - Poppers, Poppy Woppy, Popsters

Suzy - Suzy Q, Suzy Suzy.

Winnie - Winnsters, Winnie Poo Poo.

Kalou
December 2nd, 2010, 06:30 PM
Kalou = Kalou-mafou, Kaloobie, Kou-bear, Koomba

Roo = Roobie, Rooster, Roobie-doo, monster, Roomba

Crazy4kitties
December 2nd, 2010, 11:40 PM
Tiger - Tiggs, Tiggy, Tiggy Wigs, Tie-tie, Tigger, Tigga-roo

Sylver - Sylvie, Buddy, Sylvester, Handsome man/boy Panda bear (said with a weird accent..lol)

Zoee - Zo Zo, Zazu, Smushy face (she's a ragdoll mix with a smushed in nose haha), Rental cat/ Rent-a-cat/ Rent-a-kitty (she belongs to a friend of mine, I've been cat-sitting since August)

Gypsy - Jipps, Jibbs, Jibbers, Big Mama, Gypsy-pie

Princess - Carpet...she is jet black, long haired, and fairly timid. If there are any changes in the house, like if we move a chair out of place, or if a friend comes over, she acts like it's the end of the world. To get from one hiding spot to another, she slinks reeeaaaalllllly low to the ground in hopes that no one will notice her. My little carpet :D

Pets that I grew up with but currently live with my mother:

Whisper - Wispy, Wisp, Snowballs (white cat...pre-neuter), Blueballs (he sat in blue paint, again pre-neuter)

Spook - Spookers, Spookie, Spookie-pie

Lucy - Poo-Poo, Poodle-roo, Lucifer, Loser, Loose, Lucy-goosey, Rat-dog (after she's groomed haha)

All of my pets also get called Baby, Baby-pie, Baby-boo, Booboo, Sweetie-pie, Smooshy-boo, and all the other cute names you can think of!

kasey&roxie
December 3rd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Love this thread :D

Kasey = kaseycat, kaseycato, Mr. Magoo, Mr. Magoomegoo, buddy

Roxie = rox rox, roxie noodle, noodle, monkey, pretty girl, girly girl, sneaker (she sneaks along the floor to "get" the squirrels outside the patio door :) )

BenMax
December 3rd, 2010, 04:06 PM
My foster shih/bichon Kiwi (who has been recently adopted) was called 'The Keys'. (You have to use a man voice to get the full effect..):laughing:

Great thread...let's keep it alive.:thumbs up

Goldfields
December 3rd, 2010, 09:43 PM
Perkins, my big tough ACD - we will kill anyone who dares to shorten that to "Perky". :D He gets his breeders name added, which they find funny, Perkins Mehrtens, Gorgeous Boy or Matey-man.
Cuddles - Duddles, Fuddle Duddles, Tiddly Tuddly - and when she's been so bad, Devil Dog .
Toby - little man, fat man, our boy soprano, Toby-oby
Matthew- Matt, Mattie, Mitty Matt, Mattie Boy, my gentle boy
Bo - hmmm, because he wasn't raised here, he hasn't many. Bo Bo of course, kissy face,hairy dog.
Dundee, or it's Dun -dee rather, with the last half high pitched and drawn out. More often he gets Baby Boy or Mr Handsome.
Gemma - Gem, the blonde bimbo, Blondie
Silk - sweetheart, angel face, lovie girl ..... Our oldest gentle female invariably ends up being called "Lovie".

Ginger - Ginger Puss, Pussie Woossie, Wooser Cat
Sibi - Sibi Cat, Mowser-Wowser
Pheobie - Pheobie Puss or Feebles

pbpatti
December 3rd, 2010, 10:07 PM
see, I knew there was a reason to ressurrect this thread... I love all the nicknames we give our fuzzbutts. patti

violagirl
December 3rd, 2010, 10:32 PM
Mine aren't as creative as some on here:

Scully - Scullifur, Scullifuzz
Mulder - Muldifur, Moofur
Neo - Pooper T. Kitten III
Dax - alas my friend nicknamed her Daxipad and it has stuck

Goldfields
December 4th, 2010, 04:31 AM
see, I knew there was a reason to ressurrect this thread... I love all the nicknames we give our fuzzbutts. patti
Patti, it doesn't just show how creative people are, but I think what characters our animals must be too. Of course the minute you do this, then go outside to play withn the dogs, you realise there are other names that didn't make the list. :D

pbpatti
December 4th, 2010, 12:34 PM
For sure Goldfields, I know that the longer Buddy is here he will probably get more nicknames, I am looking forward to seeing him develop into an adult and what he might get into. patti