Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sienna , Kelpie female looking for home , Quebec

Frenchy
July 1st, 2009, 04:00 PM
Here is my new foster Sienna. She has been saved from the pound by Rosie's rescue. Prior to being at the pound , she and her sister were being kept in a barn where they got poisoned. Her sister didn't survive. :sad:

She is about 2 years old , just got spayed yesterday. She is a tiny dog (well , for me anyway) at about 38 lbs. She is on the skinny side but should put on some weight now that she is safe. She is EXTREMELY loving and has good manners. She listens well , good with dogs and so far , she's ok with cats too. She loves to follow her people and to cuddle them , and I mean CUDDLE a lot ! :cloud9: She is just sooo loving , I would love for her to go to someone , or a couple , with lots of time , attention and affection to give her and also , she is fearfull of some noises so I don't see her living in the city. It would be best for people who are interested about adopting her to read about the Kelpie breed , I myself , didn't know anything about this breed and I had to look it up :laughing:

if you're interested about giving a home and lots of love to this little girl , please fill out an application here under her profile : http://www.rosieanimaladoption.org/availablepets.htm

I will post a few new pics pf her soon.

Chaser
July 1st, 2009, 04:11 PM
What a sweetie :lovestruck: Can't wait for more pics!

growler~GateKeeper
July 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
Sienna is adorable :lovestruck: great name too :D

:goodvibes: for the purrfect home for her soon

mollywog
July 1st, 2009, 05:38 PM
What a beauty! :lovestruck: I have never heard of Kelpies before, they look like a neat breed.
Best of luck with her, be sure to keep us updated.... and of course more pictures!!! :cloud9:

chico2
July 1st, 2009, 05:40 PM
Awww Frenchy how sad for her sister,but at least Sienna survived and ended up in your home,lucky Sienna:thumbs up
I've never heard of a Kelpie before either,got to look it up:dog:

diandpat
July 1st, 2009, 05:46 PM
OMG I am sooooooo happy you are her foster!!! I saw her on the website and the story made me so sad :sad:

Bless you Frenchy for taking this on when you are so heartbroken yourself!:thumbs up

I know with your influence she will be fit for a perfect furever family in no time!!!! :highfive:

hazelrunpack
July 1st, 2009, 07:07 PM
Oh, she's gorgeous, Frenchy! :flirt: I'm sure someone will be snapping her up soon!! What a sweet girl.

Love4himies
July 1st, 2009, 08:00 PM
She is very pretty. I hope she finds her furever home soon. :pray:

Frenchy
July 1st, 2009, 10:42 PM
I've never heard of a Kelpie before either,got to look it up:dog:

I don't know if it has anything to do with her breed or it's just her but .... really , she is an awesome dog !!!! I just love her ! (don't get any ideas , she is a foster ....) she follows me everywhere , listens well , is happy to be outside with me , is happy to be inside with me .... loves to cuddle on couch ... loves the other dogs and kitties , plays so nicely with Nelly .... she is such a good girl ! :lovestruck:

onster
July 2nd, 2009, 12:59 AM
She's beautiful frenchy. Sounds like a dream.

Best of luck Sienna :fingerscr:goodvibes:

chico2
July 2nd, 2009, 07:47 AM
Sounds like she fits right in,hmmmmmmm:lovestruck:;)

Rottielover
July 2nd, 2009, 07:56 AM
She is gorgeous, I saw her on the website.

Mat&Murph
July 2nd, 2009, 09:56 AM
SHe is such a doll!!! Hope she gets a forever home soon. Poor Girl!! In the meantime, Frenchy Happy cuddles!!

BenMax
July 2nd, 2009, 10:11 AM
Frenchy she is beautiful. I am certain she will find a home soon.:thumbs up

EndOfFashion
July 2nd, 2009, 09:55 PM
I love Kelpies! I really wanted one as a child - it's so rare to see them here (maybe they're more common out in the country)...

She's beautiful and sounds great - I'm sure she'll find a home in no time!

TwinTails
July 2nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
She is lovely! My parents had a beautiful black Kelpie, named Fox :D He's a doll! He is now living with an awesome family who were very active (as my parents are not, lol). I know she will find a forever home soon, she's a wonderful (special) breed! :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Chaser
July 2nd, 2009, 10:11 PM
Since she's so much smaller than the ones you usually have she really only counts as 1/2 a dog, so if you kept her around....:rolleyes: :D

14+kitties
July 2nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Beautiful gal. I know nothing about that breed but she sounds like a sweetie. :cloud9: Hopefully she will find her forever home soon. :fingerscr

mastifflover
July 3rd, 2009, 09:07 AM
Frenchy you are such a good soul. These dogs that you foster are so lucky to be in your care. How do I go about getting fostered at your place. What a cute face too bad about her sister.:rip:

hunnybunny
July 4th, 2009, 07:43 AM
What a lovely Girl :lovestruck: hope she finds her forever home soon :fingerscr i am sure she will soon be snapped up she looks a sweetheart :goodvibes:

Golden Girls
July 4th, 2009, 07:52 AM
What a beautiful girl :cloud9: RIP sister :sad:

Got a good pair of running shoes Frenchy :laughing: Is she as energectic/tireless as they say this breed is?

Frenchy
July 4th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Got a good pair of running shoes Frenchy :laughing: Is she as energectic/tireless as they say this breed is?

You should ask Nelly that :laughing:

here's some new pics of her and her new Cuz... I will have more this week end , my sister just dropped her golden Guimauve , I'm dogsitting her for the next 2 weeks. :lovestruck:

mollywog
July 4th, 2009, 08:45 AM
shes' so purty!!! :lovestruck:
more pictures plz?

chico2
July 4th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Frenchy,is she ever cute,she looks small,love those ears:lovestruck::lovestruck:
It's amazing how pups just fit right in with your crew,no wonder they become failed fosters;)
Does she have any health-issues,seeing her sister died?
I hope not,she looks very healthy:fingerscr

Frenchy
July 4th, 2009, 08:56 AM
She had a clean bill of health at the vet :thumbs up she just needs to put some weight on , not too much , just a bit , as you can see here :

diandpat
July 4th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Aw, she really is a beauty!!!! :cloud9:

I hope you get a few shots of Guimauve this weekend too ;);)

How are Bailey and Nelly and the minous doing with all these new "intruders"?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Frenchy
July 4th, 2009, 09:11 AM
How are Bailey and Nelly and the minous doing with all these new "intruders"?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Bailey is a :angel: as always , Nelly loves to play with Sienna , but she does get out of breath faster :laughing: other than Puce , all the cats love her. :cat:

mollywog
July 4th, 2009, 09:24 AM
thanks! :cloud9:
she does look a bit ribby, but I am sure with regular feedings now she will fill out quite nicely.
I WANT HER!!!! :yell:

Love4himies
July 4th, 2009, 09:33 AM
thanks! :cloud9:
she does look a bit ribby, but I am sure with regular feedings now she will fill out quite nicely.

Another dog and 4 kittens, now that is the way to start off living in your new home :lovestruck: :cloud9: full of love.

mollywog
July 4th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Another dog and 4 kittens, now that is the way to start off living in your new home :lovestruck: :cloud9: full of love.

there's no escaping the peer pressure on Pets.ca!!! :frustrated: :yell: :D

diandpat
July 4th, 2009, 10:05 AM

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Frenchy
July 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM

We also adopt out in Ontario ......:whistle:

Love4himies
July 4th, 2009, 12:01 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Nope, there isn't, is there!

Frenchy
July 4th, 2009, 12:03 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Nope, there isn't, is there!

no no , never , no pressure here .....

thanks L4H , I'll send you the $5 I promised ... ;)

:laughing:

chico2
July 4th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Mollywog,Frenchy,L4H you guys are too funny:laughing:
When did we go from 2 kittens for Mollywog,to 4 kittens and another dog:laughing:
Her hubby will be crawling out of his skin soon,cursing this web-site:laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 4th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Hey, fair is fair. If you're gonna have 4 kittens, mollywog, you need 4 dogs to balance things out :thumbs up Sienna would be a wonderful addition...and then you'd only need to find 2 more deserving canine souls to bring home. :shrug:

aslan
July 5th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Mollywog, Grace and I can always bring Sienna back with us if you can wait until August.:D By then i'm sure LP or one of the others will have a couple more doggies to make up the foursome. But the large golden and little curly blonde guy that will be with us, stay with us.:frustrated:

mollywog
July 5th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Mollywog, Grace and I can always bring Sienna back with us if you can wait until August.:D By then i'm sure LP or one of the others will have a couple more doggies to make up the foursome. But the large golden and little curly blonde guy that will be with us, stay with us.:frustrated:

Google "Sioux Lookout, ON"- is that in your neighbourhood? :laughing:

aslan
July 5th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Google "Sioux Lookout, ON"- is that in your neighbourhood? :laughing:

could be, how much do the houses go for there? Or we can just say " ROAD TRIP"

mollywog
July 5th, 2009, 12:24 PM
hmm, real estate aren't as inflated as S.Ont, thats for sure. But its a bit of a booming place. I would say $180K would get you a really nice 3 bedroom house. Lots of great fishing and scenery up here too :thumbs up
:sorry: Frenchy! :offtopic:
Getting back to Sienna- how's she doing? Any new pics to add? ;)

aslan
July 5th, 2009, 12:37 PM
technically we were still ontopic, since we were discussing us delivering her to you.:D

Frenchy
August 1st, 2009, 11:49 AM
bump bump .... Sienna is still waiting for her forever family :)

mollywog
August 1st, 2009, 11:55 AM
aww Sienna... so pretty :lovestruck:
have you had any interest in her Frenchy? How often do potential forever families typically come to your house to meet your fosters?

Frenchy
August 1st, 2009, 12:21 PM
aww Sienna... so pretty :lovestruck:
have you had any interest in her Frenchy? How often do potential forever families typically come to your house to meet your fosters?

Only one so far , but they live in Montreal. Sienna is not an appartement or city dog. She is the same type as border collies / australian sheppard dog. She needs to find a place in the country , with lots of room to run and play.

As for people coming here to meet fosters , it always depend. If they're near my place I'll make a home visit with my foster. Or , if they are too far , we try to find someone else from the rescue who can do a home visit. And they can also come and visit the fosters at my home.

I guess since people are on vacations , already made plans , it's not a good time for them to adopt but , still , this is the first time that I find it's a 'slow' period. Not too many dogs are getting adopted so far this summer. :sad: there's so many that are waiting to come into rescues that I will be getting a second foster soon. I won't wait until Sienna gets adopted.

Frenchy
September 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Sienna has been adopted ! :crazy:

Frenchy
September 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM
by .....................................

Frenchy
September 4th, 2009, 07:26 PM
me ! :D

well , actually it's more Nelly's fault , she begged and begged .... I just couldn't say no to her !

But I'll be the one doing the poop patrol :frustrated:

SIL
September 4th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I love foster failures :laughing: I guess the road trip to Alexandria is out :rolleyes:

aslan
September 4th, 2009, 08:32 PM
congratulations Sienna, you couldn't ask for a better mommy...ummm Frenchy should i say i told you so now or later.:D

Chaser
September 4th, 2009, 08:45 PM
me ! :D

well , actually it's more Nelly's fault , she begged and begged .... I just couldn't say no to her !

But I'll be the one doing the poop patrol :frustrated:

I totally knew that was gonna happen! :D

Congrats!!!! :highfive:

Love4himies
September 4th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Wahoo, congrats Nelly on your new bestest buddy :lovestruck:! and congrats to you Frenchy on being an :angel: to another dog in need :grouphug:

I love foster failures :cloud9:

14+kitties
September 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Aww Frenchy, you made my day!! :cloud9: I am so happy for you and Sienna!!! :highfive::thumbs up:lovestruck:

Frenchy
September 4th, 2009, 10:03 PM
ummm Frenchy should i say i told you so now or later.:D

I totally knew that was gonna happen! :D

but ... but ... it's all Nelly !!! :shrug: :D

mollywog
September 4th, 2009, 10:56 PM
WOO HOOO!!!! :dog:
you tease, at first I thought you were going to say the lady from Ont adopted her... But this is even BETTER!!! This means we get pictures of her ALL THE TIME!!! :crazy: :D :lovestruck: :highfive:

TwinTails
September 4th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Aww! Congrats! :lovestruck: :highfive: :grouphug:

clm
September 4th, 2009, 11:55 PM
:laughing::laughing: That's just the greatest news. Sienna is a real beauty. I bet she and Nellie will be a very bad pair together. :laughing: Of course you have Bailey :angel:and the kitties to balance that out.
Congratulations!

clm

growler~GateKeeper
September 5th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Congrats Frenchy & Sienna :highfive:

chico2
September 5th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Frenchy,at first I thought"oh no,Nelly will miss her:sad:"but then....way to go Nelly:dog::thumbs up

BenMax
September 5th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Ahhh Frenchy - how happy am I????:crazy: X 1 million! She is a fantastic girl and I think she was meant to be with you and your pack.....now I do believe you have another little tiny foster that needs a home don't you????;)

Frenchy
September 6th, 2009, 10:33 AM
now I do believe you have another little tiny foster that needs a home don't you????;)

Geez you're a bad influence :laughing: if I keep them all , I won't be able to foster anymore :sad:

the only thing stopping me from keeping him is his size :eek: still can't believe he's 1/58 of Nelly's size :laughing: if he would keep away from the girls it wouldn't be so bad but , he plays so much with them , it's an injury (by accident) waiting to happen. I can't stop them because they're having too much fun but I always supervise while holding my breath :eek:

I have to stop calling him King Kong ..... :laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 6th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Big dogs are usually pretty careful around little dogs--they look on them as puppies. But in my experience, this just makes the little dogs mad! :laughing: You should hear the bodyblocks Grace inflicts on Brier and Cole! You can hear the thud from the next yard! :eek: :dog:

That's cool that they're all getting along so well, Frenchy!

So do you have pics of the pawty when you told everyone Sienna was staying? Hmmmm? :D