Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

i can haz kitteh???

mollywog
July 1st, 2009, 09:04 AM
OK- call me crazy, but I really want a cat!!!
It's something I have been thinking of for a while, ever since we vetoed the 2nd dog idea... Molly lived with cats at her foster home and hasn't had any issues since... she almost seems scared of them!
Well last week DH and I went to a pet supply store in a town 1 hr away, it's a great store with lots of "all natural" pet products. When we walked in, we were greeted by a crate full of kittens- the lady who runs the shop has started a cat rescue, specifically based out of the town dump :sad: She said some of the kittens were found in garbage bags! There are also feral cats who live at the dump, so she has been catching them, spay/ neutering them, and re-releasing the adults. She must have had over 15 kittens throughout her store, even DH was cooing over them! He seemed to be drawn to the Calicos, whereas I liked the tabbys and totally fell for the little orange guy... except when I tried to pick him up, he hissed at me :eek:
Well I am going back there today, to try Flyball with Molly, and I know this lady will have an adoption booth set up at the event... it's just gonna be WAY too hard to say no this time!!!! I have talked about it a bit with DH and he seems open to the idea.... I guess it will just be good for Molly to meet them today and see how she reacts.
Sorry for the ramblings... just trying to talk myself out of it maybe??? :shrug: lol

mollywog
July 1st, 2009, 09:04 AM
I almost forgot- pictures from the resuce's website!!

breeze
July 1st, 2009, 09:13 AM
Take the little grey one..:p:p

he wants to go home with you can't you tell??

:D

mollywog
July 1st, 2009, 09:15 AM
lol DH thought he was "too hairy" :sad:

breeze
July 1st, 2009, 09:16 AM
lol DH thought he was "too hairy" :sad:

:laughing::laughing: tell him thats just kitten fur that the fur changes :D

breeze
July 1st, 2009, 09:17 AM
you could always come home with "2" one for him and one for you :D

mollywog
July 1st, 2009, 09:33 AM
you could always come home with "2" one for him and one for you :D

badd badd Breeze!:yell:

breeze
July 1st, 2009, 09:34 AM

ok, ok you can have "3" but it won't be even then..:frustrated:

:D:D

Winston
July 1st, 2009, 09:37 AM
omg they are cute!

have you seen cpietra's thread about fiona and her babies! they are not fearal either! she is looking for forever homes and she mentioned she oculd drive a little ways?

molly is gonna love having a friend! :thumbs up

mollywog
July 1st, 2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks Winston, I have seen that thread, but unfortunately I live in Sioux Lookout (Google Maps it if you don't know where it is... we are barely in Ontario up here! :laughing:)
I don't mind supporting this local rescue. Poor little dump kittens! :cry:
I guess you guys will know how strong my willpower is by this afternoon! :shrug:

Tundra_Queen
July 1st, 2009, 09:44 AM
Oooo they are adorable!! And I agree.you have to get 2!!!

I got two last September,,,thanks to some very smart people on this forum! :D They told me if I got 2 they would keep each other busy and teach each other how to play and how not to bite and tire each other out too! And they were right! They don't run after me and bite my feet like Willie did. So much easier to train etc etc etc...:D

Plus...u could get the orange one for yourself and the calico for hubs and they look like they are both from the same litter, so they know each other and they can make each other feel safe, seeing as they are going to a new place with strangers. At least they would have each other to cuddle with and keep each other company and warm on those cold Northern Ontario winter nights.

Debbie :D

ancientgirl
July 1st, 2009, 09:48 AM
OMG the cute! They are just adorable! Of course I think you should take two. I say the little black one and the orange one. They can be mini Vlad and Maks.

Winston
July 1st, 2009, 09:48 AM
yeah I suck at directions! :D

I was going to suggest 2 but didnt know if that would be pushing it!

best thing I ever did though! my 2 were rescued from a person feeding them to a boa constrictor! they were always together and have never been apart and great way to keep each other company!

i would so love to do flyball! let us know how that goes!

Cindy

BenMax
July 1st, 2009, 09:51 AM
I am with everyone else - 2!:cat:. I say two not to be greedy but to let you know that they do wonderfully in pairs. This will also maintain the relationship that you have with Molly as the pair will keep each other great company, and Molly with you.

I would definately see how Molly would do with a kitten first. Could you foster first? If so, I would go for this before making a commitment in case Molly does not accept them. I'd ask.

Just to let you know - black or black and white cats are the least to be adopted due to the color.

mollywog
July 1st, 2009, 09:54 AM
good advice BenMax- that way it can be like a "trial period"- I will ask her today about fostering. I know she had some in foster homes already so she may be open to the idea.

ancientgirl
July 1st, 2009, 09:59 AM
Just to let you know - black or black and white cats are the least to be adopted due to the color.

Great to point that out. Vlad was alone for almost a month before I found him because nobody wanted a black cat.

mollywog
July 1st, 2009, 10:06 AM
I knew that about black dogs, I guess it only makes sense that it applies to cats too. It would be kinda cute to get a mini-molly kitteh! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 1st, 2009, 10:20 AM
Such sweet kittnes!!!! :flirt:

I'm gonna be no help here....

My advice is to foster them all! But then...we all know how well that worked for hazel :o

Seriously, if the Pack were okay with cats, I'd probably have bunches of felines, too! :rolleyes: You're very lucky that Molly likes kitties!!!

edwina
July 1st, 2009, 10:45 AM
:flirt: Must take 2, they will be lonely otherwise. :D

Love4himies
July 1st, 2009, 11:05 AM
Take 2, trust me, you will be much happier and much less work :lovestruck:.

DH can pick one and you pick the other.:thumbs up

Don't worry about the hissing, they have been taught that from their momma. I find the kittens who have been rescued make the most lovable pets. :cloud9:

BenMax
July 1st, 2009, 11:12 AM
good advice BenMax- that way it can be like a "trial period"- I will ask her today about fostering. I know she had some in foster homes already so she may be open to the idea.

I am certain she will say yes. Also, bring Molly with you when you ask....butter her up a bit!:D

I hope everything works out and we get news. Regardless, do what is right for you and Molly.

Chaser
July 1st, 2009, 12:02 PM
Oooh yes, I hope you get 2!!!!!

Rupert is okay on his own due to the fact that he's half dog and Kailey is half cat.....but as a general rule I would always say that kittehs should be adopted in pairs!

I know Toonces' two kittens (Rupert's kids!) keep each other nice and busy and are very good buddies :lovestruck:

14+kitties
July 1st, 2009, 12:02 PM
Ha! You came to the wrong place to be "talked out of" getting kitties. And yes, definitely two. They will amuse themselves and keep each other company. Not to mention they can then gang up on Molly. :D
The grey kitty and hubby saying too much hair..... long hairs don't shed any more than short hair. In fact I find tons more short than long when I vaccuum. I'm sure you are familiar with that with Molly gal.
Good Luck. We will keep our fingers crossed for you that Molly and the kittens are a fit.

Chaser
July 1st, 2009, 12:03 PM

:laughing: Hey, you knew what kind of responses you would get on here!

Chaser
July 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
The grey kitty and hubby saying too much hair..... long hairs don't shed any more than short hair. In fact I find tons more short than long when I vaccuum.

And long fur tends to "clump" and is easier to pick up I find....my cousin has a DSH and it's fur just sticks to everything!

dogcatharmony
July 1st, 2009, 12:26 PM
:cloud9: Kitties..........I think everydog should have kitties.....*notice kitties, not kitty*

:lovestruck:and pumpkin kitty........ohhhh pumpkin kitties are the bestest:lovestruck:

calico, black, brown tabby, grey, tuxedos, etc..are the bestest too...or TWO!!:D

Good luck with your will power......:laughing:

BenMax
July 1st, 2009, 12:29 PM
....Anyways - fur adds more substance to your soup!:laughing: (ok I laugh alone....:laughing:).....I am a goof. Ignore me.

dogcatharmony
July 1st, 2009, 12:33 PM
....Anyways - fur adds more substance to your soup!:laughing: (ok I laugh alone....:laughing:).....I am a goof. Ignore me.

Isn't fur considered a food group?? Or is it fibre?? Better than yogurt on keeping you regular........and more fun too!!:D

BenMax
July 1st, 2009, 12:51 PM
Isn't fur considered a food group?? Or is it fibre?? Better than yogurt on keeping you regular........and more fun too!!:D

It is definately a food group in my home. Vistor beware!:cat::dog:. If fur is found I get up, give them a napkin and tell them it's for flossing after dinner. Some laugh and others never come back for seconds...:laughing::laughing:.

Ok back to your 3 cats...I mean 2 cats....

Magicwildwolf69
July 1st, 2009, 01:00 PM
hehe you defently came to the wrong place to be talked out of getting a kitty or kitties :D
two is always better twice the fun love cuddles purring. :cloud9:

and boy do short hair shed more then long hair it does seem. we got eclipse shaved he's longed haired. serena is short haired. i'm getting more fur from her when i thought it was eclipse :eek:

and how could you not fall for the babies they are so sweet with their pretty little eyes and cute little meows :lovestruck:

Jim Hall
July 1st, 2009, 02:40 PM
yeah why get a cat they just purr and amise yoo and are warm and cute

you dont want anything that pretty in your house do ya?

growler~GateKeeper
July 1st, 2009, 04:26 PM
Oh definately get 2 :lovestruck: :lovestruck: twice the lovin' :cloud9:

I love the calico kitten 2nd from the right in the 1st pic :lovestruck: and the mostly white calico in the 2nd pic :lovestruck:

TwinTails
July 1st, 2009, 04:33 PM
Oh!!! Two is best, 5 is perfect ;) Hehe, deffinitely get 2, your ankles and heart will thank you! They are too cute, I love them all :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee
July 1st, 2009, 04:51 PM
Good luck with the flyball and hopefully Molly will catch her ball right near the ladies kitten booth! :D

They are all so cute to not pass them buy!

I think you deserve at least one to compliment your new home. :cloud9:

KEEP UP POSTED MOLLYWOG!

mollywog
July 1st, 2009, 05:06 PM
oh boy.... now I feel outnumbered..... I came home with... no kittehs :o
But I can explain... it was CHAOS at the arena... the whole town was there, all the kids were going crazy trying to see the kittehs... and she wasn't adopting any out today (probably for the kittehs best interest) :lovestruck:
I am pretty sure DH would have a heart attack if I came back with 2! But regardless, the kitteh idea is NOT dead in the water!!! :thumbs up
PS- check out my flyball post for an update on how that went! ;)

Dee-O-Gee
July 1st, 2009, 05:22 PM
Well I guess with chaos, perhaps it was a good idea she didn't do adoptions today. :thumbs up

You should still at least get one kitteh! :thumbs up

chico2
July 1st, 2009, 05:27 PM
Mollywog,I think the lady was smart not to adopt them out because little kids wanted kittens:thumbs up
Like the others say,you should definitely get two,but how do you pick,OMG,I'd want them all..
For sure I'd take the little black one,then the grey/brown tabby,then the orange/white one,then the little grey one and the calico ooops,that makes FIVE:laughing:

Frenchy
July 1st, 2009, 05:27 PM
Sorry for the ramblings... just trying to talk myself out of it maybe??? :shrug: lol

Ha! You came to the wrong place to be "talked out of" getting kitties.

:laughing: exactly 14+ :laughing:

I also vote for 2 ... :p love the grey one in the first pic , you can choose the second one if you want :laughing:

dogcatharmony
July 1st, 2009, 05:29 PM
just a little kitty knowledge.....no pressure:D

I always went with one before, had a few solo kitties, it was nice.

but adopting two from the same batch.......awesome. Not only did they have a buddy, but they seemed a bit more social, more playful. I didn't feel guilty leaving because they had each other and would keep each other company. Then there is all the fun stuff like when they get into trouble, two is much better than one. Groups attacks....group belly rubs, purring in STEREO!!:laughing:

Now look at me......swore I would only have two at a time...now I am on three!! And a dog!!

like they say, kitties are like potato chips....you can't have just one!

LOL!! sorry i am just a diehard kitty fanatic.......more fur more love.

TwinTails
July 1st, 2009, 05:31 PM

So true!! I said I only wanted one cat...well then I got another, and another, and now we have 5 :lovestruck:

Love4himies
July 1st, 2009, 07:47 PM
:laughing: exactly 14+ :laughing:

I also vote for 2 ... :p love the grey one in the first pic , you can choose the second one if you want :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Love4himies
July 1st, 2009, 07:48 PM
So true!! I said I only wanted one cat...well then I got another, and another, and now we have 5 :lovestruck:

Now that is my kind of people :thumbs up :highfive: :D

zomo
July 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
I have two litter mates they looooooooooove each other :)

Tundra_Queen
July 1st, 2009, 08:43 PM

LMBO...nope your not laughing alone :laughing:

just a little kitty knowledge.....no pressure:D

I always went with one before, had a few solo kitties, it was nice.

but adopting two from the same batch.......awesome. Not only did they have a buddy, but they seemed a bit more social, more playful. I didn't feel guilty leaving because they had each other and would keep each other company. Then there is all the fun stuff like when they get into trouble, two is much better than one. Groups attacks....group belly rubs, purring in STEREO!!:laughing:

Now look at me......swore I would only have two at a time...now I am on three!! And a dog!!

LOL!! sorry i am just a diehard kitty fanatic.......more fur more love.

Willie was cute when he was a kitten and he had a pek/pug that would play with him. But I got Mirabelle and O'Shawnnessey, brother and sister, and they are so fun to watch! I didn't know cats could be so funny!! :laughing:

And I have found out that short hair cats shed way more than Willie! I pet Mirabelle and OS and their hair just covers me..I kiss them and I get it all over my face......Willie's long hair stays on him. :laughing:

Debbie

onster
July 2nd, 2009, 01:02 AM
Yes, yes you can :D:D

aslan
July 2nd, 2009, 06:50 AM
i'm with the others, get two, what the heck. You were going to get another doggie and two kitties still don't take up the same amount of space. Try that on dh. Or just come home with two and don't mention it, may take awhile for him to notice.:evil:

Love4himies
July 2nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Or just come home with two and don't mention it, may take awhile for him to notice.:evil:

:thumbs up:thumbs up Get two that are twins, he's a man, he will never notice.

mollywog
July 2nd, 2009, 09:11 AM

HAHAHA you guys are terrible!!! :evil: :evil:

BenMax
July 2nd, 2009, 09:31 AM
Foster 2 and I guarantee when it is time for HIM to choose (get it - him) he will probably not be able to send one back. Let him make the decision and I can almost guarantee that you will be purchasing 2 kitty litters. I am sooooooo excited for you.

breeze
July 2nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
I came home with... no kittehs :o
the kitteh idea is NOT dead in the water!!! :thumbs up

In time... In time.....:p:D:D

I have all the confidents in you :p:p

mollywog
July 2nd, 2009, 09:41 AM
2 kitty litters?? Sorry don't know a lot about cats.... 2 cats = 2 litter boxes!????

BenMax
July 2nd, 2009, 09:42 AM
2 kitty litters?? Sorry don't know a lot about cats.... 2 cats = 2 litter boxes!????

Not necessary....start with one. :p

Jim Hall
July 2nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
sreiously if you get two littermates you have a mcuh better time having them adjust we always try to get folks to take litter mate kits it almost always works out better usually woth littermates you can have just 1 litter bax and 1 feeding station also

chico2
July 2nd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Mollywog,when I sneaked Vinnie in to our lives,there was no way,hubby wanted a third cat,but one look and cuddle with that little odd-eyed fur-ball and he was in love:lovestruck:
I am sure your hubby,seeing two little guys playing,will be totally in love too:pray:

ancientgirl
July 2nd, 2009, 07:50 PM
And...if you take home two litter mates, you can always tell hubby, "Their siblings, how can you separate siblings?":D

mollywog
July 2nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
oh boy.... 2 cats is going to be a tough sell. Both DH and I have allergies (dogs, cats, trees, air.. hahah you get the point). We manage on a daily basis with nasal spray, pills, inhalers, etc. but its all a part of owning pets. I grew up with cats, I remember the allergy Doctor telling me "rinse your cats in warm water once a week" HA!!! :laughing: I survived nonetheless.
I am going on holidays next week to Thunder Bay, so I plan on heading to PetSmart and getting all the necessities- Litter Box, litter, food, etc- so that I am ready! And then plan on adopting once I get home. That is the plan!! :fingerscr

Jim Hall
July 2nd, 2009, 09:00 PM
lmao rinse in warm water uhhhh huh

Chaser
July 2nd, 2009, 10:18 PM

LOVE it!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

14+kitties
July 2nd, 2009, 10:28 PM
:goodvibes:2 kitty litters?? Sorry don't know a lot about cats.... 2 cats = 2 litter boxes!????

General rule of thumb - one kitty litter box per cat plus one extra. Some cats are very particular about not stepping into a box that has been used. Or they use one for urinating, one for defecating. Normally if you have one kitty and keep the box very clean one box is fine. May I also suggest a good quality litter. Swheat Scoop or Feline Pine. Something a little healthier than clay. There are other great kinds available as well.

See. It's a done deal. Now all you have to do is provide the kitteh(s) :fingerscr

mollywog
July 2nd, 2009, 11:55 PM
:goodvibes:

General rule of thumb - one kitty litter box per cat plus one extra. Some cats are very particular about not stepping into a box that has been used. Or they use one for urinating, one for defecating. Normally if you have one kitty and keep the box very clean one box is fine. May I also suggest a good quality litter. Swheat Scoop or Feline Pine. Something a little healthier than clay. There are other great kinds available as well.

See. It's a done deal. Now all you have to do is provide the kitteh(s) :fingerscr

Thanks 14+, I am sure I will have plently more questions!! Just out of curiosity, how many litter boxes do you have for 14 cats!?!?! :eek:

kwilli
July 3rd, 2009, 12:03 AM
I got my two brothers 5 years ago... Always had dogs so these were my first kitty kits. I could't imagine life without them! And they are quite the pair... And yes, with two big dogs and two big cats, I eat plenty of furbre, but it's a happy home.
Cats are so different... But they make my life complete.

Tundra_Queen
July 3rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
Thanks 14+, I am sure I will have plently more questions!! Just out of curiosity, how many litter boxes do you have for 14 cats!?!?! :eek:

She probably has kids sand boxes NOT litter boxes in a special potty room! :laughing:

Debbie

ancientgirl
July 3rd, 2009, 07:32 AM
Mollywog, I have 3 boxes. I consider myself lucky my five share 3 boxes. I use Swheat Scoop. I clean the boxes daily and I try to keep the boxes full. They get new litter every two weeks, and every week I buy a box and just refresh what they have.

You might know, Maks and Kiska are brother and sister. When I found them I couldn't bring myself to separate them. For the first couple of months they never left each others side. They clung to each other, and often slept together. I think being together helped them settle in faster. They totally adore each other. They still play with each other a lot and like to cuddle up now and them.

If you are considering one, please consider two siblings. Two really isn't any more trouble than one.:D

chico2
July 3rd, 2009, 07:49 AM
MW,I have 2 Rubbermaid large boxes for 3 cats,it works out fine...

BenMax
July 3rd, 2009, 07:56 AM
I have 5 cats and three litter boxes. I am been very fortunate that none are that picky. Mind you - I keep it very clean. It is changed once a week completely and scooped anywhere from 3-whatever times a day. People cannot believe I have 5 cats as my place is not stinky either!

edwina
July 3rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
I have 8 litterboxes. :laughing: :cry2:

ownedbycats
July 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Mollywog - word of warning to someone who has a dog. Many dogs like to eat cat poo. :yuck: If you decide to use clumping cat litter you MUST make absolutely certain that your dog CANNOT get at the litter boxes. Clumping cat litter clogs up thier intestine requiring immediate (expensive) surgery. Plus, cats tend to object to using a litter box with a dog sitting there intently watching them:D.

Chaser
July 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
We installed a swinging baby gate in our spare room to keep the dogs out. Now it's Rupert's Room and he has his food, toys, and litter (in the closet) in there. The swinging feature on the gate is nice so we don't have to hurdle it every time we need to get in there.

Having a dog I think it's best that if you get cats, they need a space for all their stuff that the dogs can't go. Otherwise the dogs will eat the cat food, could choke on small cat toys, and possibly dig in and snack from the litterbox.

As far as litter I think you'll find your preference through trial and error. I wanted to be eco-friendly and used Feline Fresh for a while, but because it is so light it tracks EVERYWHERE and I hated the pine smell. Reluctantly, I've switched back to a clay litter for now :o

meow
July 3rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
I almost forgot- pictures from the resuce's website!!

get the tabby the tabby. they are the best!!!!:thumbs up:D:lovestruck: I have 1 tabby and we LOVE each other!

14+kitties
July 3rd, 2009, 03:22 PM

Who's got 14 cats! :eek:
:laughing: Actually mollywog, double that number and you would have it right.
I have 5 cats in the house. For them I have 3 boxes. I have been extremely fortunate in that they have never had an issue sharing. They all, except Mylee, grew up within a few months of each other. Mylee is so laid back it doesn't matter to her as long as one is available when she needs it. :D
At the moment there are three kitties in the garage waiting to be moved to their new home. Two large crates with a box in each crate.
KMK of course has his own box.
In the cat house I have a covered box, a regular sized box and two very large storage boxes.
So, that's 10 boxes.
Then I have one corner of the catuary where I have put down a layer of pine shavings. They use it as well. It is cleaned daily and changed out every week to week and a half depending on weather.
But you are not talking a crazy number of cats. You are only talking about getting 4, right? :rolleyes:

edwina
July 3rd, 2009, 04:14 PM
In the cat house I have a covered box, a regular sized box and two very large storage boxes.

You have a cat house? :eek: :laughing:
Ok i didnt know about that, knew about you haveing cats indoors and in the 'caturary', but what is the 'cat house' ? :D

And yes she should get 4. :cat:

mollywog
July 3rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
oh wow, this thread just won't stop!! :eek:
I had a chat with DH about it last night and he said he doesn't think we should get a cat. (or more than 1 cat for that matter :frustrated:). He said he thinks the novelty will wear off quickly and that we won't have anywhere to put the cat when we are on vacation and that he doesn't want it coming on trips with us like Molly does.
Looks like this might be a tougher sell than I thought. :mad:
Has anyone seen that commercial with the lady and the "pack" of shoes that "follow her home" from the mall??? Maybe that might "accidentally" happen to me with kittehs next time I go into the pet supply store?? :p

Love4himies
July 3rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
But you are not talking a crazy number of cats. You are only talking about getting 4, right? :rolleyes:

Snicker, snicker.

Cats are like potato chips, you can't stop at just one :D and who would know better than 14+:laughing:

I only had one litter box between Snowball and Puddles, they were both tiny so nothing big was deposited.

I now have 3, 2 downstairs and one in our ensuite.

14+kitties
July 3rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
You have a cat house? :eek: :laughing:
Ok i didnt know about that, knew about you haveing cats indoors and in the 'caturary', but what is the 'cat house' ? :D

And yes she should get 4. :cat:

:laughing::laughing: :sorry::offtopic:
Edwina - Follow the link to the "cathouse" thread.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=59044

The "catuary" is an enclosure that covers approx 1/4 of an acre. Probably a little more. You have seen pics of part of it when you saw the thread about the black kitty. It has evolved over the past year or so from a very run down enclosure to something that is actually pretty cool. :thumbs up I will see if I can find the thread that shows most of the enclosure. :thumbs up

These are the threads that show most of the catuary.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=62345

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=62346

chico2
July 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
Edwina,I've been to 14+'s house and catuary and it's wonderful,I could sit in there for hours watching the kitties,it's a great set-up,they have trees,lots of grass and a huge area where they can hide if need be.:thumbs up

14+kitties
July 3rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
Snicker, snicker.

Cats are like potato chips, you can't stop at just one :D and who would know better than 14+:laughing:

:eek: Ok, in my defense....... oh heck, I have no defense. :sad: Guilty as charged. :o

chico2
July 3rd, 2009, 05:26 PM
Belive me,if I could have more cats I would,I just love my 3 to bits.
Mollywog,I don't know how your husband feels about cats,if he really likes them,I would take home two kittens and i am sure he'd love them,who wouldn't:lovestruck:
But all jokes aside,if he honestly does not like cats,it might not be a good idea to trick him,some people just do not like cats.
My husband years ago did not use to like cats,you should hear the conversations he has with out 3 now:laughing:

Tundra_Queen
July 4th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Mollydog, I never use to like cats. I wouldn't hurt them, but I had no use for them at all! Didn't understand why people like them. I was a dog person.

Then Willie was born in our garage and left there when momma took the other 5 and left him, runt. I brought him in the house after 5 hrs of listening to him meow and I later fell in love with him. That was 7 years ago and now I am crazy about cats! I wish I could have more. I find them so funny and entertaining it's like watching a reality show. :laughing:

So I'm sure once TWO kitties follow u home your hubs will grow to love them too!

Debbie

Chaser
July 4th, 2009, 11:42 PM
DH-to-be can't stand cats. Still complains about Rupert and calls him names....but I catch him at least once a day with Rupert on his lap, purring away or giving him a belly rub. Trust me, your hubby will give in once he sees them. And cats are so low maintenance....it's not hard to get someone to look in on them if you go away. :)

Love4himies
July 5th, 2009, 08:29 AM
DH is allergic to cats and couldn't give them the time of day. Got a kitten just after we were married and we have had at least one since then. Now Puddles is his little sweet heart and all the fosters just love him. Often he will have the whole litter on his lap and he is all smiles :laughing:. Sooooooo, hubbies can be transformed :D.

mollywog
July 7th, 2009, 10:34 PM
heh heh... :evil: DH and I were just out for a walk with Molly and we came across a mom and kitten sitting in someone's yard :wall: the kitten was so cute, DH actually was the one to stop and watch it first !! So that was encouraging :lovestruck:
...until he said "The problem with kittens is that they grow up to be cats" :frustrated:

Jim Hall
July 7th, 2009, 10:41 PM
lol tell me about it but if you do it right they act like kittens for a long time

ancientgirl
July 8th, 2009, 08:09 AM
heh heh... :evil: DH and I were just out for a walk with Molly and we came across a mom and kitten sitting in someone's yard :wall: the kitten was so cute, DH actually was the one to stop and watch it first !! So that was encouraging :lovestruck:
...until he said "The problem with kittens is that they grow up to be cats" :frustrated:

Yeah, but he'll fall in love and bond with the kitten, so when kitty grows into a cat he'll love it.

chico2
July 8th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Exactly what I was going to say A-G:cat:
But there are many people who just don't like cats,most of them have never experienced a purry loving kitty:lovestruck:
To be honest,it is risky to bring a cat to someone who don't see how wonderful they are and the negativity will affect the cat,but you never know..

BenMax
July 8th, 2009, 08:43 AM
My father has never been a cat person. 15 years ago I found a cat in a very bad way (long story I will share in a new thread one day soon unfortunately:sad:). Anyways - he has lived with my parents since. He is now very ill and it is only a matter of time. My mom of course is extremely upset but my father is devastated.

Once someone gets to know what cats are all about - this is the turning point. Once you have one - you are hooked for life. They are spectacular animals and I really cannot figure out why some people do not like them. It's beyond me really.:shrug:

Love4himies
July 8th, 2009, 09:19 AM

Yes, but by that time you are so friggen attached to them, that being an adult kitty just doesn't matter :D

chico2
July 8th, 2009, 04:39 PM
My husband too,thought kitties was not more than vermin,so we had dogs.
But then a siamese/himmieX cat(belonging to a neighbor,where we used to live)got so attached to hubby and hubby to him,so when we moved,we asked if we could take him with us and we did.
Hubby has had a love-affair with kitties ever since:lovestruck:

Ben-Max,sorry about your parents kitty,hope your dad will be ok,when the dreadful day comes he has to let go of his kitty.