Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anita do you know this place??

Luba
August 13th, 2004, 03:59 PM
http://www.petsandmore.ca/

They advertise in the star like this:
PUPPY SALE Goldendoodles, Poodles, Boxers, Cavaliers, Labs, Yorkies, Shih Poos, hounds, Shih Tzu, Japanese Chin, Min Pinscher, mutts+ 905-845-6664 www.petsandmore.ca

chico2
August 13th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Yes Luba,I do...Remember I once said there is no place in Oakville selling kittens and puppies,then I discovered this place :(
I have never been in the store,but it is a huge one,I cannot deal with going in.
HS is supposed to be checking on them regularly,I hope they do...

Luba
August 13th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Disgusting, they have so many of them. Are they in the store too?

chico2
August 13th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Luba,I don't know,I've never been inside,I just saw the writing on their windows....
I will go in and check it out,but not by myself,need some moral support in case I take a hairy and blow a gasket :eek:
I'll wait until tuesday,when hubby is off.....
What I know from my vet,who also checks in on the store often,is that HS do check.
OSPCA,is constantly on the move closing down puppy-mills,but they just move someplace else,many times Quebec.

Lady_D
August 13th, 2004, 04:56 PM
I've been there. Its your typical "pet shop". (ie. Pj's Pet Shop)

Luba
August 13th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Have u the strength to go in there?

If you do ask them where they get the pups from and ask for a contact name/number/location. Just to tick them off lol ;) If they dont' provide one or play stupid then you can say it must be puppy mill and tell everyone in the store.

Before you go print off on your printer some info on pet stores and puppy mills and put a couple of graphic pics on there :D hand them out to anyone looking at the puppies !

Then you're surely gonna have to hustle to get outta there !!

Let me know if you go! I wish we could stop all these places.

One day someone has to follow any 'van' doing delivery to them, that should take ya to the mill site!

chico2
August 13th, 2004, 04:58 PM
The last pet-shop I visited,a few years back,left me in tears,with big puppies in small cages,they were eventually put out of business,by police and HS.

chico2
August 13th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Lady D,so you think "Pets and more"is the same owner as the old store in Trafalgar Village?

dreaminrainbows
August 14th, 2004, 12:30 AM
I found that pet store online a while ago, and it just seemed unreal to me that they would have sooo many puppies.

If you go to the site now, look at the Shar-pei X puppies, do they not look sickly to you :(

That is just sad, very sad :(

Luba
August 14th, 2004, 12:45 AM
I sent a query to the H.S about them. I hope to get a response.

It's sad, that people in general do not know the horrors of what the animals are put through before even being brought to this store. :(

chico2
August 14th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Lady D is talking about the very store that was under a lot of scrutiny and closed.This store is new,the Mall was torned down to make room for a Home Depot.Pj's does not exist anymore,unless these are the same owners.
I don't know if I can work up the courage to go in there,I might end up with an armful of $600 kittens :(
But I'll certainly put in an effort....try really hard and ask some questions.
It might help if everyone here wrote www.oakvillehumane.ca
shelter@oakvillehumane.ca.
They must be associated with a breeder of some sort,BYB or Mill...I remember years ago at Pj's they were charging up to $800 for a mixed breed dog.

Luba
August 14th, 2004, 01:27 PM
The response I expected from Oakville H.S

Political ofcourse:

If you have a specific concern about the standard of care of the animals at the store, we can investigate.
Please let me know.

General Manager

Anita a friend of mine (dummie after he did this) purchased a Chi from PJ's about a month ago for 2grand!! Took it back a few days later, kid was very allergic. But how duh can u be!! Yes, he was 'spoken to' lol

chico2
August 14th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Luba,unless you have a specific complaint,there is not much the HS can do,as long as the puppies/kittens are kept in good conditions.It is not illegal to sell puppies/kittens,unfortunately :mad:
Where they come from is a different story,but that still leaves the store without guilt,they might not even have seen where they come from,it's all about $$$$.
When I got Chico from a pet-store,I did so because he was going to be left in the store alone over the weekend,pre Sunday openings,and he was just sooo sweet and cried so loud when I put him back in the cage,so I went back and bought him.He was very healthy and still is and it was written on the sales agreement where he came from,which was a miniature kitten-mill not too far from my house.That woman has since been evicted and all her cats taken away,which does not mean she's not doing it somewhere else.
Your friend was crazy to pay $2.000 for a Chi,my son bought his Jack Russel from a pet-store for $500...I think most people just don't know and until we pass a law to ban selling in Pet-Stores the business will flourish :mad: