Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

recommendations for squirrel proof screening???

quincymycat
June 28th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I have a problem that just started today and went full blast very quickly. I had a squirrel land on the sash of one of my upstairs windows and proceed to rip apart the window screening, then he went to the next window and did the same then to next and so on. He has now hit 4 windows since this morning and shredded the screening to bits in the lower left hand corner on all of them. One of the windows we had just replaced the screening in the frame from damage from last year, but we have never had this much destruction so fast before.:confused:
I recall seeing someone post about a claw proof replacement screening at some point previously and wonder if anyone can recommend a brand or type of screening I should be looking for to replace the screens now. I thought the claw resistant stuff would be great to replace on my patio door, but did not realize I would be doing quite this many repairs so soon!!!:eek:
Since I cannot open my windows even a bit at the moment without risking unneeded visitors, any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated.:D

TacoGrl
June 28th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Revy, etc. all sell animal proof screen...it is more $$$ than regular, but well worth it...

I have heard of some kind of spray for keeping rodents away, but I am having a brain fart right now, so I can't help you with a name :rolleyes: I am wondering if cayenne pepper or orange peals would work for suirrels too?

Melinda
June 28th, 2009, 07:00 PM
pet proof screening won't keep a determined squirrel away I'm afraid....could you hang bells or windchimes outside the windows???