Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Member Here!

Lucy&Rocky
June 28th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Hi All,

First time posting and very happy to be here :thumbs up

I live in Montreal and I have been feeding my Akita and Boston Terrier raw for around 3 months now. I've managed to find mince meat, liver, kidneys and fish for a good price but I am having a terrible time finding chicken necks, carcass, feet, as well as meaty bones. Can anyone help?

Dani :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
June 28th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Welcome to the board, Lucy&Rocky! Can't help you with the supply question, but maybe some of our Montreal members can!

That's quite the combination--an Akita and a BT. :D We definitely need pics if you have some to share...and don't forget pics of the birds :thumbs up sorry to be so demanding...but it's sort of a tradition here to badger new members unmercifully for pictures... We're photophiles, y'know. :D

Lucy&Rocky
June 28th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Hi and thanks for that lovely welcome. I posted some pictures on here and as you can see, all my pets get on well! It's a bit of a zoo but I quite like it that way :laughing:

Please Montreal peeps.. pass me some info on where to get some meat and chicken bits for my doggies!

Lucy&Rocky

TulipRoxy
June 28th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Welcome! Its nice to know there are others in the Montreal area who feed raw. I have 2 shelties and 2 cats that have been on raw for over a year now and are doing great.

Here is a link to a post I did that lists my source for carcasses. My other great source is Esposito. Its kinda an ethnic grocery store where I can get turkey wings and legs, and pork riblets for about 1.25 a lb, as well as all the organ meat and cheap hamburger I need!
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=60397

bendyfoot
June 30th, 2009, 10:21 AM
my advice is make friends with a local butcher...

we started exclusively buying our meat from a very small, local, family-owned butcher, and established a very good relationship with him. Later, when we started feeding raw, we asked about getting scraps, chicken backs, organ meat, etc. Now we get chicken backs/scraps for FREE (like 30lbs at a time), as well as super-cheap liver/heart/tongue...like 15-20 cents/lb!