Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can anyone help?

ittyandtwinkie
June 26th, 2009, 08:24 PM
My two cats Itty Bitty(male) and Twinkie(female) I think might or might not be sick. Twinkie started off with quite a bit of sneezing about two days ago. Then Itty Bitty started off with his right eye only "leaking" clear liquid and had a pretty red third eyelid and squinted. Today and yesterday he stopped "leaking" the liquid but his eyelid still seems a little bit red. Twinkie is still sneezing but not as much and she is now (just started today) "leaking" clear stuff from her right eye only and it seems that a little tiny bit of her hair right above the eye is gone. They are both eating and drinking but are sleeping more than usual (maybe to rest it off). I live in Colorado and the weather has been outrageous lately. I was wondering if maybe it is a sickness and if they will get over it themselves or allergies or what? I had called their dr today and he said not to make it an emergency situation like I tend to do because I love my cats so much, and I don't have much money right now, but if they need it they will get it. I am just wondering if anyone has any idea or if it is an uri if they will get over it themselves. It would be great to hear a response asap with any help because I love my kitties. Thank you very much!:)

Jim Hall
June 26th, 2009, 10:00 PM
sounds like a cold maybe feed them good food and some lysine

they ever get that before?

ittyandtwinkie
June 27th, 2009, 12:00 AM
My cat Itty Bitty has had it once before. I wanted to just see if maybe it were allergies or something seeing how im in colorado and the weather here is outrageous lately. I am just going to take Twinkie in to be on the safe side. Thank you for the response!

marko
June 28th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Yes please take Twinkie in and let us know how it turns out. :)